It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people deny the holocaust?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I don't see how people could deny the holocaust.

People who deny the holocaust should really read books from World War II at that time to see what it's all about. I know it's hard to imagine something like that happening in present day society. But it has happened in history and it keeps happening.

They really did do all of those terrible things and probably more.

Holocaust deniers are probably right in that it didn't happen the way textbooks say the holocaust did. But, it probably was a lot worse. I think the events of the holocaust were something that never should be repeated again.

We can't deny history. We should only learn from it.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Okay. So why not google it? Is the only reason you posted here instead is so you could get more points?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

Come on man no need for that really is there.

anyway id much rather actually ask people about why they believe or dont believe in certain things instead of searching for something that is probably false anyway.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I already know the argument from the other side.

I want to know why they don't believe in it.

You can't keep denying history.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Okay. Why do they do it?

It seems like every holocaust denial thread I see the people who argue against the holocaust call all Jews zionists and they're really discriminatory against Jews for some reason...

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
They lie about the holocaust for political gain or because they hate a specific ethnic group or because the are themselves white supremists and Nazis. There is really no other reason. The Nazi's killed millions and millions of jews and also other ethnic groups. It's well documented, there are tons of eyewitness accounts, there were mass graves found, they found ovens with human remains inside and they found gas chambers. I'm barely touching on the evidence here.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti - Government

I believe that there is. Frank does this all the time. Why this? Why that? That's how he got at least 90,000 of his points. It gets old. If the subject was googled, then you would find WHY some people do not believe it happened the way it's told.

Even using the search function HERE would probably show tons of results with people explaining there stances on the subject.

Why would somebody start as many threads as he does, yet never really search for an answer? It's all about the points.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Perhaps you haven't really looked at my threads.

I don't always ask "why" in most of my threads. In fact a lot of my threads have been dedicated to the discussion of various issues.

Besides, as other members have pointed out a lot of information on the internet is propaganda. I don't know what is true or not true on the internet so I ask for why here on ATS.

Also, I got a lot of my points from contributing articles to the tinwiki feature... so don't just make a blanket statement on all of my posts just from a few threads you observe.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

They really did do all of those terrible things and probably more.

I believe it. America and the whole world really loved the "science" of eugenics. Hitler read books from American doctors apparently. Rather unfortunate that most don't realize that a huge majority of the scientific world at the time had similar ideas to Hitler, might actually learn something if we realize that the scope of the problem was worldwide.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

You do realize that not only jews were killed, don't you? It wasn't just an "anti jew" thing.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I know that.

But people here seem to want to discredit the Jews by insinuating that nothing happened to them.

I don't think that it's just a denial of what happened. I think that the cause for them to deny the holocaust goes further than that. They want to deny any oppression to the Jews. I think it's more of an anti-semite kind of thing.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Sure you could use the search engine and sure you could go out and look for answers yourself but i agree with you there and i dont have enough experience with frank to say whether he does this all the time or not.

Honestly it doesnt matter if he does anyway because its far easier to create your own thread and get the exact answers you want and instead of looking for it on google you can get answers from real people. who may have something very interesting to that and somethig that is far more worthwhile that some stupid website that could be completely true or completely false.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Oh, but I am very familiar with your threads. Here are some: www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.belowtopsecret.com...

That's just a few that you started with questions. I didn't have all day to look them all up.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

There is a search function here on ATS as well. People seem not to be aware of that. Or there is NO POINTS involved for using it.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Sorry my mistake i meant by search engine something like google

and no i know you dont get points for using that why would you??

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

That's my point. The search function is very useful. So why doesn't Frank use it? Because there is NO POINTS for using it. So he starts thread after thread after thread instead.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Ok dude i need to say that i really dont know if frank is just in it for the points or not because i really dont know its up to him to tell you that. im just trying to think of ways why he would make a thread with a question or has made threads with questions.

i have already posted why i think he would in my post's above anyway so its up to him to tell you now if he does or doesnt.

[edit on 7/3/2009 by Anti - Government]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Someone whose faced holocaust wouldn't commit the same crime themselves.

When the Japanese got nuked, they didn't make a better nuke and take out everyone in revenge.They now call out to the world to ban those weapons.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Holocaust denial has many purposes. Some people want to glorify the NAZIs, others simply hate the Jews. I think many justify it to themselves as it literally didn't happen.

Honestly, there is no way you can prove the Holocaust 'really' happened anymore than you can prove that Abraham Lincoln was shot-- its a vital part of our history, and for all intents and purposes true, but you will always get some 'skeptics.'

A lot of people who believe in the 'Zionist' plot believe that the holocaust is fake. But seriously? It happened.

Though I will say, the holocaust sure did put the Jews on the fast track to international support from all sides (especially the US) though it sucked for those that actually suffered through it. Hitler would be in tears if he realized his actions probably made the Jews stronger, more well protected and respected than they ever had been before. Because of him, even today talking negatively about Jews, is heresy. Pre-Holocaust, the Jews were the biggest scapegoats on the planet. Ironic I think.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Those who "Deny" The Holocaust are simply in point and fact, in denial. It seems that whether individuals fail to believe that a band of 20 Arabs could lend a crippling blow to the World's Greatest Superpower, or that a Madman nearly took over the entire world 70 Years Ago, there will always be a factor of denial due to the sheer nature of such hideous accomplishments. It is an act of disbelief in that which exceeds our comprehension.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join