It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt Dew Chem Light!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Watch this clip for detailed instructions on how to make a chem light out of Mt Dew soda, Peroxide and Baking Soda. Try it out and comment!

www.filecabi.net...

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

That's tight...

A few beers, a shotzke of GG and the necessary ingredients should provide a fun time tonight...

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
OMG - I can't wait to freak out my daughters with that! Oh and don't worry - I'll be sure no one tries to drink it! Thanks ~

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Anyone know if this will work with any other drinks thank Mountain Dew coz I want to try this and it's really hard to find in the UK!!!!

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I do my best to avoid precious caffeine abuse. Especially to my beloved Mt. Dew. Sorry, but the chemistry just isn't there. But rather than just saying it, I had to prove it by visiting my old friend snopes just so no one would argue for pages on end.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
star and flag.

Source of light in an emergency. I'll have to try it.

Edit:

I tried it. It doesn't work.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by doctordoom]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This does NOT work. Like the above poster said, the chemistry just isn't there.

CX

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I haven't had Mt Dew for years, such a shame they don't do it here in the UK any more. That stuff was lovely.

Looks cool though.

CX.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jourman
This does NOT work. Like the above poster said, the chemistry just isn't there.

yeah, this doesn't make sense. my friend is trying it this weekend with his son for science day. i'll report back. it just doesn't add up to get that kind of phosphorescence this recipe.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I wonder how that would work with a Rockstar energy drink. I know if you drop a full unopened bottle of that stuff on the floor, it explodes like an IED, ha, and everyone around you will have to go change their cloths. This is interesting, I'll have to give it a try.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Hello, read the thread. This is a HOAX and does not work. Basic chemistry would tell you that.

It is amazing in a web site that asks you to DENY IGNORANCE, how so many embrace it.

You can make a glowing solution out of the hemoglobin in your blood, but not the beverage in your corner store.

MODS. Please delete this thread as a HOAX and keep ATS free from ignorance.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
LOL, I remember the time at a camp when some buddies of mine broke open a Chem Light, and put it all over the place. One of them put it on his hands, and then proceeded to place his hands on the outside of the Wooden Latrine Wall, and his prints glowed all night. Then, for the rest of the time which we stayed in Camp, regardless of Rain or Sun, there were two Black Hand prints just plastered there on the Wooden Wall. Lol, they never went away.

This Mountain Dew concoction sounds really cool. If I get a chance to do it, I will take some photos of it and post it on here.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I love how people just reply to the original post without reading the rest of the thread. Let me repeat: THIS WILL NOT WORK!

It's just some kid [SNIP] around.

Mod Edit: Removed profanity.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jourman
I love how people just reply to the original post without reading the rest of the thread. Let me repeat: THIS WILL NOT WORK!

It's just some kid [SNIP] around.

totally.
one word.
one line.

Mod Edit: Removed quoted profanity.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Gemwolf]

new topics

top topics

join