It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very detailed image of the famous so called “Face on Mars”.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Yeah well, who cares about the face....what the h*ll is that right next to it??

There seem to be a couple more around but this one really cought my eye...

Mars...

Anybody???

Peace

[edit on 7/3/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Anybody notice the "path and shiny object" in the big picture? I took a screenshot.

img4.imageshack.us...

Looks like something is taking interest in w/e that formation is. Mars Rover? Rock sliding down hill? Who knows..

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by -NewSense-
Anybody notice the "path and shiny object" in the big picture? I took a screenshot.

img4.imageshack.us...

Looks like something is taking interest in w/e that formation is. Mars Rover? Rock sliding down hill? Who knows..

Ah.. i was just about to mention it, but u were first

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
You can find just about anything on the surface of a barren planet if you go searching with your imagination wide open:

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
The debate about the 'Face on Mars' killed my interest in UFOs and mysteries for years.

Check out mikesinghs thread about "Equally Spaced Objects" on Mars to refresh your interest.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Kandinsky
The debate about the 'Face on Mars' killed my interest in UFOs and mysteries for years.

Check out mikesinghs thread about "Equally Spaced Objects" on Mars to refresh your interest.

It's intuitive that you mention Mike Singh. It was a section of his, on Living Moon, that reignited my interest. His interpretation of images usually differs from mine, but his enthusiasm for the subject is infectious. I'll check the thread you suggest

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I watched a documentary on this face once, which, unfortunately I can't recall the name of. I did a quick search on google to see if I could find the information I was looking for but not too much luck.

They showed the high res image which has already been posted here and noted how little it looks like a face. They then talked to I believe it was psychologists about the importance of face recognition for human beings. They brought up that it is so intrinsic and important for humans to see faces (ie, facial expressions for communication, etc) that we tend to see faces in things that aren't really there. I wish I could find the program itself, or some more definite information, that is just what I remember.

I'm sure many people have noticed this themselves, I often see faces and designs in the tile on the floor in my bathroom, when in reality it's just random design.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimpish
I watched a documentary on this face once, which, unfortunately I can't recall the name of. I did a quick search on google to see if I could find the information I was looking for but not too much luck.

They showed the high res image which has already been posted here and noted how little it looks like a face. They then talked to I believe it was psychologists about the importance of face recognition for human beings. They brought up that it is so intrinsic and important for humans to see faces (ie, facial expressions for communication, etc) that we tend to see faces in things that aren't really there. I wish I could find the program itself, or some more definite information, that is just what I remember.

I'm sure many people have noticed this themselves, I often see faces and designs in the tile on the floor in my bathroom, when in reality it's just random design.

It's called paradolia and is discussed with frequency in the paranormal world.

<< 1   >>

join