It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very detailed image of the famous so called “Face on Mars”.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
For those interested, is here a interesting very detailed image of the famous so called “Face on Mars”.

For the very detailed image.

www.thehiddenrecords.com...

[edit on 7/3/09 by spacevisitor]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

That is so freaky.... wow...... it is not just a "normal occurance" - it was designed that way.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
There are tons of things on earth, especially rock formations that 'look' like things, more striking than that. Heck, talk to any Latin American and they see the Virgin in everything from trees to blood spatters after beating a tourist senseless over 30 bucks. (BTW I am not saying all Latin Americans, do the latter, just being thorough)

I really wouldn't take this one rock formation to mean there is intelligent like on Mars. (or ever was)

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I dunno remember this face on a cliff somewhere in New Hampshire in america (i think)

Im sure a lot of people would say that wasnt a natural occurence

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Well the note under seems to indicate that the picture was tweaked a bit to make the face look more prominent.

Is there also an article that you can link us to that goes along with the picture?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Non-Nasa scientists calculated the odds of it occurring naturally, and I can't remember, but taking in account each detail, its so phenomenal that they declared it was absolute irrefutable evidence of intelligent design. Of course its not a natural item. But then, neither is the crowned face on Mars. Its even more beautiful and very detailed of the nordic race, that was amongst perhaps many ets races.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irishwolf
I dunno remember this face on a cliff somewhere in New Hampshire in america (i think)

yes. that is the old man whom fell a while back from erosion.
he no longer there.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The debate about the 'Face on Mars' killed my interest in UFOs and mysteries for years. All the experts that insisted it was evidence of a civilization and then extrapolated ever more speculative theories disillusioned me of the BS. Even after subsequent images revealed something more mundane, a lot of interested parties continued to insist they were right and wouldn't admit making a mistake.

Europe an Space Agency

After multiple attempts to image the Cydonia region from April 2004 until July 2006 were frustrated by altitude and atmospheric dust and haze, the High Resolution Stereo Camera (HRSC) on board Mars Express finally obtained, on 22 July, a series of images that show the famous 'face' on Mars in unprecedented detail. The data were gathered during orbit 3253 over the Cydonia region, with a ground resolution of approximately 13.7 metres per pixel. Cydonia lies at approximately 40.75° North and 350.54° East.

Source

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

It would be better if the image did not have the text on it. Everyone knows what it is, the text is an eyesore and ruins the picture for a poster.

JMO.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The thing that gets me about the face is the regularity and symmetry of the base. That looks really artificial to me.
NASA has also gone out of its way to debunk it, including publishing images where it seemed like every effort had been made to obscure the characteristics of the face.

www.controversial-science.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I think the face is a distractor. NASA have made some efforts to debunk the face but not enough to conclusively prove their case, when I am sure they could.

If there are any alien artefacts on Mars, no way that would be revealed to the public.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I have a big hi res version somewhere that hasn't been highly filtered and touched-up like the one in the Op. It quite plainly shows the 'face' to be nothing but a natural structure. I was kind of miffed when I first saw it because for many years, I thought there may be a chance that it was an artificial structure.

I remember Hoagland coming on C2C before the high res version was freely available stating he had a copy of it and it showed steel girders and all kinds of wonderful things. He also used these statements as a selling point for people to come and see his presentation at an up-coming UFO festival. Complete intellectual dishonesty!

Though I thought that Hoagland had made some good calls on NASA's incompetence in the past, he really lost me with this one, and he has never retracted a single statement or prediction. Even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, the charade continues because his paycheck relies on him turning a blind eye to it. I mean, he'd be without a job otherwise.

Hoagland remains a poster child for why these fields of study struggle to be taken seriously by the general public.

IRM

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Here's an overhead view of the site without the fanciful photographic "tweaking"...

The lower image is the same photo overlayed on radar topography of the site. Notice the "forehead" is actually a sharp peak, and the remaining features likewise bear no resemblance whatsoever to a human (or humanoid) face.

Not nearly so compelling.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 3/7/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Well the note under seems to indicate that the picture was tweaked a bit to make the face look more prominent.

Is there also an article that you can link us to that goes along with the picture?

I found the link to the image here, it’s a Dutch UFO-site.

www.ufowijzer.nl...

This is the article.

thehiddenrecords.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

It would be better if the image did not have the text on it.

Everyone knows what it is, the text is an eyesore and ruins the picture for a poster.

Well, you are right about that, so I really hope someone has a better image.

The only reason for why I posted it, is, that I had never seen such a detailed image of it before.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
I have a big hi res version somewhere that hasn't been highly filtered and touched-up like the one in the Op.

I really hope you will find it again and are willing to post it here.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Irishwolf

That's a good example of several such natural occurrences. Nature is a great artist and can make the most wonderful sculptures out of rocks, plants, trees and pretty much everything else it has access too...

Example 1
Example 2
Example 3
Example 4

Some refer to this as Simulacrum:

Faces in Stone: (Anthropomorphic rocks, Simulacrum).

Recognising faces in nature, or 'Simulacrum', is something that can be traced back through prehistory.

It is likely that these images, when viewed through prehistoric eyes would have been perceived as an expression of the living-spirit of the earth.

The discovery of simulacrum at several of the megaliths supports the idea that such stones were considered to be endowed with special qualities, and possibly explains the specific selection and transport of certain stones over large distances in prehistory.
Source

This isn't exactly right, but it's an interesting approuch with many more great examples.

Simulacrum is a very philosophical topic, and worth a read if you're interested in art...

All that said: The face on Mars + built by ancient Martians = Not likely.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Or this one too... it's called the Badlands Guardian and it's in Canada.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
I have a big hi res version somewhere that hasn't been highly filtered and touched-up like the one in the Op.

I really hope you will find it again and are willing to post it here.

This is the photo (posted previously):

The colorful, retouched version with the exaggerated "face" (as seen in the OP) is based upon this photo; however, the retouched version can only be categorized as a hoax. As you can see from the original photo and the oblique topographic view, this formation has no resemblance to a human face.

If it resembles anything, it looks like a big cat litter box in need of cleaning.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 3/7/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Not sure that can be compared to the mars face ....... but I think you have to look at the mars face with more credibility ... its not part of something as I understand it its "IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE" right??

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join