It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FDIC Apocalypse Is Coming

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The head of the FDIC is officially on record saying the FDIC will be out of money in six months.

over six months have passed since your original post.

what was your source for this to begin with?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The FDIC already ran out of money.

Links before 1st post:
From the FDIC Chairwoman

FDIC Chairwoman as reported by Fox

ABC
In this article, over 100 bank failures are predicted in 2009. 126 failed. The article is from 2008.

More great news from Reuters

But the FDIC is already in the red. We've already arrived.

FDIC in the red-NY Times

Reuters

FDIC in the red until 2012-CNN

It's everywhere.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The bank closing for January 2010 are in.

15 banks. About 1 every other day.

24 or 26 closed in all of 2008. We might smash that number by the end of February. Last year, it was 140. If we smash that one to, our financial system will be free falling as we enter 2011.

Currently, the DOW is at 10,067.
S&P is at 1074.
NASDAQ is at 2147.

10,000 , 1000 , and 2000 are psychology points so when/if all three markets drop below them.....and as more and more banks continue to fold.......the spiral will continue.

I haven't check the unemployment numbers yet. I doubt those are in just yet.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If the FDIC is going to state that our economy and that our dollar is in financial stress and is capable of failing all together, then I ask, why is there no discussion of who created the problem? Just what is the problem and who created it and who the criminals are? Could it be because since the situation is contrived, there is no concern for what we really think? By never discussing the question of how this happened and who is responsible, the criminals will be getting away with the crime of the century.

When we finally get to the point of money, we will all agree, it's all about the money I am certain someone bright is going to ask, where is the criminals money? Where is it and what has to be done to ensure the criminals wont get to spend it?

By then it will be too late. We will be broke, bankrupt and facing the crisis that will ensue. The Fat cat politicians and corrupt bankers will be eating lobster and drinking champagne while blood flows in the streets of America.

Now with all that being stated, I think it is time to do something as a nation that will ensure that the criminals that perpetuated this economic failure do not profit from their complicit cooperation to undermine our nation, rob the Treasury and introduce draconian measures to deal with the contrived emergency.

We need to introduce some type of legislation that states if you are an American then your money has to be in America and you will not be allowed to keep secrets of just how much bribe money one has accumulated and stashed in Switzerland and the Cayman Islands and elsewhere. Our failure to keep the ill gotten gains from the criminals would go a long way to leveling the playing field for everyone and with a level playing field, the judicial arm of this nation could do what we pay them to do.

If we do nothing, when the failure occurs, only the criminal elite will have money and in my mind that's just not right. If we make them claim it or lose it then it would help prevent them from using a financial collapse if it impacted them just as it would the rest of America. Anyway, that's my thoughts on the subject.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Well, I feel much better about my 'dollar crash preparedness', but here's a question: So, regarding the 'security' I have obtained in the tangible metals I have acquired: what happens when - in a hyperinflation/depressed economy situation - it's time to "cash in" and make use of my supposedly safe holdings, how does one go about using - what are the entities that find value in such things (government? treasury? metals handlers?) and what is the transaction process?

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

By then it will be too late. We will be broke, bankrupt and facing the crisis that will ensue. The Fat cat politicians and corrupt bankers will be eating lobster and drinking champagne while blood flows in the streets of America.

You know, I've been thinking more about this, lately. It behooves the Elites to take care of the rest of us.

I mean, if all of us 'peons' are left for dead, or at least to fend for ourselves - how do these blue bloods expect to continue to enjoy their lavish lifestyles - hell, even meager ones? Who will performs ALL the necessary work to that must occur to GET them their lobsters and champagne, etc.... in the midst of all the chaos, EVERYTHING will break down, including all of the people & processes it takes to keep the fat cats enjoying ANY level of posh lifestyle that they've grown accustomed to and come to depend on the rest of us to provide it to them. Not only that, but if the dollar is worthless, how do they even compensate the meager staffs they're able to keep on hand? Total Catch-22 situation.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join