It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FDIC Apocalypse Is Coming

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Dow graphed on Yahoo

Above is a link that shows current up swings like what the DOW has been experiencing for a week or so.

I don't mean to be a pessimist but a week or two of up swings will do little to erase the DOW's losing over 7,000 points in the last 20 months. Granted, granted, the gains have to start some where.

I hope I am wrong but I think this is a false up swing. I have a 401K so you bet I hope it's over. But common sense prevents me from believing that.

I am still trying to get out of the banking industry as fast as I possibly can. During the late 1990s, I worked for the bank that created the privacy crisis.

Before that, I was a hair away from accepting a job at Food Lion. Shortly after turning that job down, Food Lions meat scandel was exposed by 60 minutes or a similiar show.

I do NOT want to be working at a bank if there is some sort of catastrophic crisis.

We'll know soon enough how this will all play out.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I just discovered this thread. This has me very concerned. I'm Canadian and pretty much everything about our economy depends on the States. I give it MAYBE one month grace for us before we sink into chaos too.

I got chickens and veggies growing so I'll just have to shoot people that try to steal

What an eye opener!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Not even three full months later, I get this generic letter from a US Senator about the FDIC.

Dear Mr. "bleep":

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Helping Families Save Their Homes Act of 2009 (S. 896). I appreciate having the benefit of your comments on this matter.

As you may know, S. 896—which I supported—passed the Senate on May 6, 2009, by a bipartisan vote of 91–5.

This legislation increases the borrowing authority of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) from $30 billion to $100 billion and the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) from $100 million to $6 billion.

To provide greater depositor confidence, S. 896 temporarily extends the $250,000 limit in federal deposit insurance coverage through 2013, and provides a corresponding extension for credit union accounts.

These provisions will allow the FDIC and NCUA to continue protecting the savings of American families and small businesses without imposing additional stress on financial institutions through premium increases. S. 896 will also help ease the burden on our economy, including credit unions, protect the savings of families and businesses, and provide much-needed support to the struggling housing market.

S. 896 was referred to a joint House-Senate conference committee for further consideration. I appreciate the opportunity to represent the interests of Texans in the United States Senate, and you may be certain that I will keep your thoughts in mind should S. 896 receive additional consideration from the full Senate.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN
United States Senator

517 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Tel: (202) 224-2934
Fax: (202) 228-2856
www.cornyn.senate.gov...

I also saw a story about the US transferring trillions upon trillions of US Dollars to China all weekend. I will try to find it again and post it to this thread.

If someone beats me to it, please post it.

What you are witnessing is trickle up economics. The transfer of wealth from the poor and middle class to the rich.

What do you want to bet that in 6 months, the FDIC won't be able to explain were all that extra money went.

Peace until war.

(edited to tweak some spacing errors.)

[edit on 6/1/2009 by Genfinity]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Hi everyone.

Well, fast forward 6 months from my first post on this thread and here we are.

September 7th will be about the 6 month mark.

So someone has used the bathroom in Bloomberg's bowl of cereal (or the other way around) and their lawsuit says there must be disclosure on Monday, August 31st as to which banks got how much from the bail outs.

And the banks are saying (threatening) the disclosure will ruin the public's confidence in the banking industry.

sniff, sniff.

I smell a terrorist attack coming. And just like 911 and Pearl Harbor, it would be right on time.

Maybe they don't need a terrorist event. Maybe full disclosure will be enough.

Or maybe Bloomberg, acting as our friend to the public, is really playing ball for the other team; knowing the impact their lawsuit will have.

To let you know how serious I am taking all this, you will see that 6 months ago, I worked for a bank. NOt anymore.

Since we are a hair away from health care being required by every American, like auto insurance, I got into the health care business.

It will be bad for America (IMO) but great for insurance agents so why should I miss out on that action?

Folks, right now, if you know how to make money-get out there and earn it. I did all my laundry yesterday so I can make a bug out bag this weekend.

I'll just keep the bag handy in case I need it. Keep your primary vehicle filled up and have 3 days worth of food and water on hand.

If you do bug out for what ever reason, try to stay at least 100 miles away from any interstate when possible.

Stay away from cities with over 100,000 people and stay 100 miles away from any points in the country were two interstates cross over each other.

That's only if things go south real fast and you decide to bug out.

I say that because the big cities and the interstates will have the most problems with people acting crazy and with the government/military creating checkpoints and road blocks and such.

Monday is the day after tomorrow. We'll see what happens. My guess is Bloomberg's lawsuit order will be grossly ignored or over turned.

But this might be the big event. It might be so big, they don't need no stinking terrorist attack.

The market (DOW) has been in a bit of a recovery since my post in March.

In February, it was at 6600 and 5000 looked like a real possibility. Then it started to climb.

Up until September of 2008, it was sliding down. From September to February, it tanked.

It's highest point ever was in October of 2007.

All we can do is wait for Monday, possibly Tuesday night to see how Monday played out.

Last year, Houston didn't have time to remember 911 because we were dealing with Hurricane Ike.

If things go bad this coming week, the whole country might blow off 911 this year.

Mainly, I wanted to revive this thread given the news out there right now.

I used the 6 month figure because it was a nice round number. It wasn't intended to be a prediction. There are plenty of fake predictors out there already without me pretending to be one to.

Opinions?

Peace until War.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
My guess is that after retail reports disastrous back to school earnings, the market will crash. There are rumors that the big banks are saying they'll crash the market if the Fed is forced to release the Bloomberg data.

Expect a dollar crash shortly after that.

I'm not saying I believe this story Vital Signs and the “Fix” as its typical Amero fear-mongering but it is kind of interesting - especially in light of the rumors of a 'banking holiday.'

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The banks own Congress and the evi empire, the government, it is apparent because the evi empire took care of the banks first by supposedly bailing them out, but it was the rape of the Weople and their money with $2Trillion$ of monies unaccounted for and will not be disclosed by the Federal Reserve that was paid out to someone or organization.

My opinion only, sense the Fed will not disclose where the money went to I believe it went to their war chest. I agree the FDIC Apocalypse is coming to a bank near you and soon. The Weople are the last on the money chain to be helped. ^Y^

[edit on 29-8-2009 by amari]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
www.bloomberg.com...

Looks like the banking industry just got an additional 30 days of life.

Keep your eye on this under reported story.

If they have to disclose who got what and how much, it's going to be a brave new world.

Peace until War.

[edited to replace a unintended word for the correct one]

[edit on 8/30/2009 by Genfinity]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Another ATS Thread-California Makes it's employees work for free

While not related to the FDIC, this is another grave example of were our nation is headed. This website (ATS) does not allow users to incite, but if it did, I would certainly try to organize.

It's time to pony up. Soon.

"Happy Pony's coming on. And I'm not missing Happy Pony."

From that popular US commercial, are you going to be the grandma that gives up, the powerless parents (our government) who can only try to talk their way out of the crisis, or the psyched little girl that has decided the pony is the only way to go?

It's a terrible example but for people that don't like to think that hard, it works.

If your job tells you that you have to work for free and you do............

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Hi all. Let me dash some numbers by you again real quick;

Bush's $800 billion bailout + Obama's $800 billion bailout = $1.6 trillion.

$1.6 trillion / 300 million legal Americans (rounded down to keep the math simple) = about $5333 per person.

This is just what you owe the government for the bail out. Never mind the multiple trillions we owe to the national debt. Let's keep the numbers light just for the sport of it.

So a family of four owes about $21,000 just for the bail out alone.

So if the bailout was to help the economy, why did the money go directly to the fortune 500 CEOs??? Why not give the money to the people at the very bottom (the individuals) and let it trickle up from the poor and middle class to the rich. Money ALWAYS trickles up.

Simple. Stay with me on this.

You get your $5000. You pay off your $5000 in credit card debt. Your out of debt so your happy. Your fortune 500 bank gets your $5000 you owed them. Everybody is happy, right? Wrong.

See, the fortune 500 CEOs take their bailout DIRECTLY. So you still have to pay your $5000. Which, because of your share of the bail out cost, is really $10,000 now. So they get $10,000 for your $5,000 debt; all from you. Isn't that cool?

Then the CEO testifies to Congress he doesn't know what the bank did with the bail out money. Congress doesn't care because the CEO's local senator knows your bank's CEO is going to give him a big fat check for helping the CEO rake in a few hundred million for "free."

The "donation" is in the form of an account. The Senator gets a ATM card and he has a nice day.

The CEO gets his $3 million annual salary, his $10 million bonus despite the bailout, and shaves a little from his company's "lost" bailout money to. Let's say his company got $300 million so he steals another $3 million to $6 million.

Isn't this cool?

Meanwhile, your taxes go up so you can be squeezed for your $5000 "contribution" to the bailout. Plus, you still owe the $5000 balance on your credit card.

It's 21st century slavery at it's best.

What can you do?

Here's a thought.

You can take their credit card and you can take their bill. And you can throw them both in the garbage.

Tell your credit card company that you researched how much they took for the bail out. You researched the CEO's annual salary and his ridiculous bonus despite the bailout. You didn't agree to the bail out and you refuse to pay them twice. They can take a hike.

"Sir, we'll report it on your credit report."

You: "Go ahead. The federal government is running out of credit. This bank is running out of credit. So what difference does it make what my credit rating is when YOUR credit rating is going down the toilet? By the way, I have your company's credit rating right in front of me. Care to tell me what it is?"

That phone rep won't have a clue.

"Sir, if you don't pay this, we can sue you for it. And we'll win."

You: "So what. Sue me. Win even. I'm still not going to pay you. Garnish my wages and I'll quit my job. Garnish my bank account and I'll close it. Then you'll have to sue me all over again. Your bank will spend over $50,000 trying to collect my $5,000. I am already paying that $5,000 in new taxes. Your trying to collect on me twice. You work at a bank and you don't understand simple math?"

"Sir, your the reason this country is in the mess it's in."

You: "Wrong again. Your CEO, his hired lobbyist, and that senator he keeps donating to so that guy gets re-elected, THEY are the ones who figured out how to make people like me pay you twice. And I'm not doing it. This is one of those banks that gave $10,000 lines of credit to 18 year olds. Not me. You people. Get those 18 year olds to pay you twice. I won't do it. I hope everybody figures out how your duping all your customers. I hope they all quit paying you.

I hope you personally get laid off and I hope this bank goes out of business. This bank assisted in the looting of the United States of America. And you think I'm going to pay you twice." ~click~

Then disconnect your land phone, change your cell number and learn how to live without requiring credit.

They bankrupted us. Let's pay them back.

The fortune 500 CEOs have looted the country. DC has looted the country. Get something out of it before it all hits the fan.

4th quarter results will trickle in throughout February. That's not going to be pretty.

And when that reality sinks in, you will begin seeing commercial loan defaults. And the layoffs will go right along with it.

You think unemployment is high now? Wait until even the retail clerk jobs start going away.

Remember, the unemployment numbers only represent people getting unemployment benefits. They don't account for people not getting unemployment or those that are grossly under employed just so they have ANY kind of income flowing in.

When THAT happens, your credit card defaults will SKYROCKET. End game.

Dollar value shrinks. Price of goods goes out of sight. And many, many people are either jobless or way under employed.

Looting, rioting. Martial law.

People will try to head for the hills but nope, the government is going to coral everyone in the country right back into the cities or into camps.

Nothing says holiday like a FEMA camp. Just ask New Orleans.

I know just how the failed evacuation is going to go. I lived in Houston when it was evacuated for Hurricane Rita.

It's already been a bad winter and there is allot of winter left. It's earthquake galore right now. Terrorism is making a comeback. More troops headed to the middle east. More countries being hit.

Everything is falling into place for the perfect storm. So get excited. Get cranked up. Because it's almost time for the big show.

In the meantime, getting back to my credit card story, you better get what you can out of this while you still can. Because the elite have already cashed in. And they will probably cash in one or two more times before this country falls apart in whole, exactly like Enron did.

I am sorry if I'm scaring anyone or acting paranoid but everybody knows whats happening and all they are doing is talking about it.

Time to stop talking and start doing.

The country is being looted by our leaders. We know it and we just keep going to work every day. What's the definition of insanity???

Get out of this what little you can while you still can.

Things are about to get a whole lot worse.

Stay tuned.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Yes, history does repeat itself. However, this is something very new to each and every one of us. Hyper inflation would not rule out the use of money, for it will be worth something, just not as much. However, a system crash would mean worthlessness to all currency = a new beginning of the financial system.
Thus explaining why hard assets that are portable would be the most vital to human kind. Also, it is damming to the banking system if every person were to take out their cash, nobody could finance anything, from a ship moving food to a port, to a plane carrying blood to another part of the country. In all honesty it would be a standstill of the way the world is, which would equal survival of the fittest, which finally would equal war. If you believe that there is powers that hide and run this world behind the scenes, that second scenario seems the most likely. I think ?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Oh and also, I wouldn't mind the system crashing. Screw it.
I want those who are responsible to bleed for what they have done. I only fear a false flag and those who are behind it have no conscience and will do whatever to keep power. Start anew, create a new USA...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Genfinity

I applaud you good sir. The state of Texas should become its own damn nation.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Okay a few things.

1) Anyone catch the Colbert Report, yesterday? His guest (other than Morgan Freeman - bad ass) was some guy talking about - in fact encouraging - a run on the banks - the BIG boys, and moving (back) to community banks. Advantages? Disadvantages?

2) The video on the first page ("Hyperinflation Guaranteed...") woulda been a lot better had they not shoved in all that nonsense at the end with "They Live", etc... this woulda been something to forward along to friends and family, until that part. Of course, this IS just one guy reading another guy's blog, but you don't have to be a financial advisor or classically educated economist to extract many nuggets of truth from it.

3) Bottom line - what is the best way to prepare? Pull ALL of your money out? I've got a ton in 401K that I'd love to withdrawal (yes, I'm aware of the penalties) and move into something tangible - silver coins? does it even make sense to have THAT much cash on you at any given time?

This whole sitch sucks. Hardcore.

[edit on 1/13/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
4) Although, I am sure that what everyone is talking about IS imminent, I'd just like to point out that we're many months from the predicted bottoming out at the beginning, and throughout, this thread... ?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz[/url]

Hey Squirrel,

I'll give you some advice but PLEASE get some face to face opinions before you make a final decision.

1) I missed yesterday's Colbert. I wonder if I can catch it online. Just for fun, you know Colbert is just as much a Democrat as Jon Stewart, right? Who cares; they are both funny. It just like Rush Limbaugh. There is no Swirbly who ever his imaginary employee is. Keep your eye on B of A. They do business with some major companies and when the commercial defaults begin, B of A is going to scream in pain. As far as making a run on the banks goes, your money will be more accessible locally in a local bank then a fortune 500 bank.

That does no good if you go out of town but when your at home, after it all hits the fan, you will have an easier time getting your money out of "Local Bank and Trust" then you would from "Fortune 500 Bank." It won't be worth anything but you'll be closer to it.

2) Youtube has a zillion financial vids. Just keep your coom sense hat on. TIGHT!

3) Unless you know what your doing, I wouldn't walk around with more then $1000 at any one give time. Keep afew hundred in your wallet and the rest between your sock and shoe (the inside bottom of the shoe, not the side).

See what you have lost on your 401K and keep an eye on the market. If the market starts to tank or if it suffers a prolonged bleeding, watch your 401K weekly.

If you start to take a bath on your 401K, watch it daily. If it still looks bad, do what you have to do.

You can do silver coins or foreign currency. If we are talking about more then a few thousand dollar, talk to your bank's financial advisory. Stay away from the brokers and debt counselors unless your already in bed with them. Talk to a broker who works at a bank, not at a small shop next to a pay day loan. Know what I mean?

4) I don't know whats up with the earthquakes or weather but the 4th quarter results will come in through out February. By March 1st, we will have a better idea of what the rest of the year MIGHT look like.

But if we have some big earthquake or we hit Iran or suffer another 911, add 10 extra cups of doom and gloom.

So we'll see what happens come early March. But if the 4th quarter is as bad as SOME say, commercial loan defaults are the next step. Then entry level clerk layoffs. And many of those people, now, are way under employed.

Then consumer credit card defaults.

Then the looting. When the looting supply runs out, the rioting. During all of that, martial law will come.

on and on and on

We have a while before it all plays out. But not long enough.

Obama just signed off on creating a council of 10 to help out with homeland security.

Our leaders (both parties) and the fortune 500 CEOs are the ones doing all the looting right now. This council of 10 thing is just allowing them to take it to the next level.

Council of 10

It's a white house.gov site. So copy the link and go there from google.com or something like that. Then return to google. They can see where you came from and were you left to.

I usually stay away from .gov's but thats me.

I just get sick and tired of the public being peeped on all the time.

The intersection by my house has 14 cameras on it. Ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Five sites I want to give you.

Dow Jones

FDIC Bank Failures

Credit Union Failures (Warning-Source is a blog)

Unemployment Chart

Sad Unemployment Video-All the counties

Last year, 140 banks failed. Of those, 6 failed in January of 2009.

We already had 6 fail this month with one week to go. The FDIC updates every Friday after business close so don't look for updates everyday.

The market (DOW) has tanked just over 500 points in the last few business days so Monday could be critical.

Is the market correcting itself from it's recent upward trend? Or was the upward trend a correction and is the market now returning to it's normally scheduled fall? We really won't know until we have one more week of data.

And as I've been saying, 4th quarter earning reports (or the lack there of) will trickle in throughout all of February. Those numbers are expected to be low.

Stay tuned everybody. And hang on. Again, it might be a slight correction. But it could be the beginning of the next round in the futile fight to save our economy.

[edit on 1/22/2010 by Genfinity]

[edit on 1/22/2010 by Genfinity]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Well, I've made some changes since my last posting.

I own NO public/company stock, and my money is not in a BIG bank.

I've recently converted 15% of my total savings into metal - gold & silver - and keep a small portion on me, and (again) the rest NOT in a big bank.

The bulk of the rest of my savings and 401K has been converted OUT of stocks and unprotected funds, with the majority allocated to some sort of guaranteed annuity!

Thanks for the help/links.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hey Squirrel.

Well, this is going to be a critical week for the DOW. Obama is threatening the banks with fees and such and the banks are not happy.

They are going to bleed that bad boy (the DOW). Just my opinion. We'll know the truth soon enough.

This is the last week before the 4th quarter earnings start rolling in throughout February. Since those numbers are expected to be low and since the DOW lost 500+ points last week, it needs to have a good week RIGHT NOW.

There could be allot of bleeding for the remainder of the 1st quarter. And if that holds true, it will set the tone for the entire year.

Don't be afraid to invest in green industry penny stocks. But don't be afraid to lose your investments either.

I wish I could suggest some foreign currencies but with every country in the world plugged into the US economy within 2 degrees, that could be bad.

You could try land but that's the better investment if you intend to pass it down a generation or two.

There is always coins and baseball cards but if the economy is going down the toilet, that wouldn't be smart at all.

Let me just caution that I am throwing investment ideas out there.

To be honest, there is so much going on right now, I can't keep up with it all. It's just to much all at once. So I can only look at what I am looking at so much and then I just throw my opinion out there and review the counter opinions.

And I an be pretty hard headed so that doesn't help when you try to have an intelligent debate. Once two hard headed people hit a thread, intelligent debate is over and thread-jacking begins.

When it comes to money, guns, and stored food, don't tell a soul who doesn't need to know. Because if it all hits the fan and you have something your neighbor doesn't, the whole neighborhood could come for you regardless of who is right or wrong.

So anyway, be careful and hopefully we'll figure out a way out of this mess. We can start by refusing to vote for ANY incumbents.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Sam's begins layoffs

Sam's (you know, Sam's of Wal-Mart) is laying off about 10,000 employees.

So this is it. Even the minimum wagers are being let go.

February is going to be a lOoOoOoOong month.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Did anyone read this artical?

www.msnbc.msn.com...

I tried to find the original post from GE healthcare... the FDA had all the results taken off the internet... it shows how dirty our government is...Money meens more than the citizens...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join