It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FDIC Apocalypse Is Coming

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

Well, spill the record then, we are all waiting!

Yahoo

Reddit

A thread about it

Mortgage Grape Vine

GREAT video! I'll be checking into that more on Sunday.

Peace until war.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Genfinity

Been there, done that....... told all my family to do the same....... they haven't ...... but I have emailed them info on the FDIC this week.

With all the bank failures and how many are happening and hidden from the public, I would bet it will be less than 8 months.

But they have asked for a 500 billion bailout! Since billions are being thrown around... they better damn well throw it to the PEOPLE for ONCE!

If people aren't getting their money out of the banks....... then ......... their head is so buried, it doesn't matter what new news comes out!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
With this announcement being by the FDIC, if you have your money in credit unions, is it basically the same information for the NCUA (National Credit Union Administration) that insures money for the credit unions or are they not included?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Uhm, im no economist, but i think recalling something about people withdrawing their cash being a part of a chain reaction. I can personally understand peoples fear, but it think its more part of the problem than a solution.

You say you work at a bank? what's your position?No offence but you don't come off as someone i would have advicing me about my personal economy

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
2 000 000 000 000 / 300 000 000 = 6 666.66667

$2 trillion / 300 million people = $6667 person.

A family of four would get $26,668. THAT would help America!

Anyone with an active brain knows that wealth trickles UP, never ever down. Ever.

THAT WOULD help America and get the economy moving again.

There bottomless bail outs have NOTHING to do with the little man.

Stop worshiping Reagan, Bush, Clinton, and/or Obama.

Remember; before there were Republicans and Democrats, there was a political party called.....(drum roll).....the Republican-Democrats.

Democratic-Republican Party

Okay, I got the name backwards but that should make the "worshipers" feel duped.

The party divided and, over time, conquered all other party groups. We do not have two political parties; we have one.

Ever watch fake wrestling? They are not much different then political debates.

They are still great at what they do but make no mistake, the debate is fake.

These bail outs are how the powers that be intend to milk the last drop out of the dying cow. Make no mistake, you and I are *NOT* part of the bail out equation!

This is about CEOs wanting to multiply their wealth and politicos wanting to be appointed to a very corrupt Monarchy.

If you know any police officers or people in the military, find out who they would support if the system breaks down. Press them as much as they will let you.

If the military and the police put the government before the people, we are going to lose this fight without a shot ever being fired.

Pace until war.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I don't think this is true, I'm in Thailand and been in China and you don't see the financial crises like you do in the US, large dept stores boarded up, massive forclosures and housing tracks falling into ruin, tent cities..there has been alot of layoffs in Asia because that massive consumer market the US can no longer afford to buy factory made things, so laid off workers go back to their villages or find some other lowpaying job.. this 'global finincial crises' is actually just an american problem that drags other countries down but not out.. in the long run it is the american financial system that is bankrupt, america is maintaining a standard of living based on borrwing money and that system is going bankrupt, and al this idiot Obusha can do is borrow more money and send more troops to afghanistan.

Originally posted by dolphinfan
2. The rest of the world is in worse shape than the US. There is a race to the bottom going on right now where the last thing much of the world wants is a strong US recovery. Gordon Brown is not the only leader calling out for a global new deal. Much of the world would love to tie up to the US right now because we are in better shape than they are and will keep them afloat.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Hi there
Listen, if You want to trace step by step what is next step then You need carefully follow what was happened in ex Yugoslavia starting about 19 years ago.
Exactly the same scenario was tested and confirmed in one small country (Yugoslavia) with 6 republics… inflation, banking collapse, economy screwed… and finally war (war is choice of leaders or some powerful groups).
I don’t remember but I thing a largest banknote was 500.000.000.000 dinar then they started cutting zeros every 20-30 days…
Good luck to everyone.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Hyper inflation at this stage will wipe out a lot of manufacturing companies, small businesses and some large corporations.

Wal-Mart and McDonalds will weather the storm. Where else can people afford to shop and eat?

Someone said pull your money out of the banks now, and do it quietly. Someone else said money will be worthless. Why pull it out of the banks if it's going to be worthless? Maybe use it as wallpaper?

The time might be right for a new economic system. See the link in my signature below.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
You want scary? My wife and I have been interviewing for jobs in Wyoming and the topic hasn't been qualifications but what kind of person you are, "we live in a micro-economic" climate, etc. She's been offered a job in nursing and I've been offered a job in teaching. We're looking for future 'safe havens'.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
You want scary? My wife and I have been interviewing for jobs in Wyoming and the topic hasn't been qualifications but what kind of person you are, "we live in a micro-economic" climate, etc. She's been offered a job in nursing and I've been offered a job in teaching. We're looking for future 'safe havens'.

Interesting. What kinds of questions were you asked?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I think they were trying to get a feel for what kind of people we were. When asked about outside stuff, we stated target shooting, and they got interested. I hunt, so that topic went on for a while. We asked about the housing situation and they stated that they live in a micro-climate and that washington didn't have an effect on them. The town we're moving to has an unemployment rate of less than 2%. My being prior service really got their attention and they asked alot of questions about my field and what I thought about the war et al. The recruiter that spoke to my wife kept on about this town actually being "God Country" .

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Here is my issue...

Will our US paper money be worth anything anyways by that time? So we withdraw all of our money, stuff it under the mattress and then wait with your weapon of choice... What are we protecting? If we are going to go all out why not go out and buy food and supplies with it? At least then it will defintialy be worth something! I keep coming back to this in my head in the end it is just paper/cloth with some dye...

Maybe change it to euros???

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ominous
I don't think this is true, I'm in Thailand and been in China and you don't see the financial crises like you do in the US, large dept stores boarded up, massive forclosures and housing tracks falling into ruin, tent cities..there has been alot of layoffs in Asia because that massive consumer market the US can no longer afford to buy factory made things, so laid off workers go back to their villages or find some other lowpaying job.. this 'global finincial crises' is actually just an american problem that drags other countries down but not out.. in the long run it is the american financial system that is bankrupt, america is maintaining a standard of living based on borrwing money and that system is going bankrupt, and al this idiot Obusha can do is borrow more money and send more troops to afghanistan.

2. The rest of the world is in worse shape than the US. There is a race to the bottom going on right now where the last thing much of the world wants is a strong US recovery. Gordon Brown is not the only leader calling out for a global new deal. Much of the world would love to tie up to the US right now because we are in better shape than they are and will keep them afloat.

Who's telling you "large dept stores boarded up, massive forclosures and housing tracks falling into ruin, tent cities"? Not like that at all where I live at least. I'm not saying that it couldn't get that way but I'm just wondering what kind of propaganda's being spread in Thailand and China about this whole thing.

[edit on 7/3/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by aliceinwonderland74
With this announcement being by the FDIC, if you have your money in credit unions, is it basically the same information for the NCUA (National Credit Union Administration) that insures money for the credit unions or are they not included?

I'm pretty sure they're two different things. I'm not sure, but even if they are different that doesn't mean you're safe. Let's think about a situation that could happen. This is what may or may not happen. If the FDIC goes broke then people that have their money in banks, their money won't be insured anymore in case the bank fails. So, what's everyone do? They all run to the bank at the same time pulling out their money and sticking it under their mattress. If the government doesn't step in and bail out the banks then the banks go under. It's called a run on the bank.

When the people with money in the credit unions start to see all the banks failing and see that people can't get their money, what happens? All the people with credit unions start running to the credit unions and pulling out their money too. This would cause the credit unions to go broke as well causing the NCUA to kick in. It won't be long until the NCUA is broke and tapped out too. This is where the whole system falls apart.

Why? Let's think about how the stores operate. When Walmart gets a shipment in they don't pay cash for all that stuff. They buy all that on a line of credit. Every store buys all their stock on a line of credit. Well, what just happened? All the banks and credit unions just went completely broke. So, where's Walmart going to get credit? Where are all the small businesses going to get credit? Remember, if you can't get your money out of the bank, Walmart can't either. Nobody can. No stores, no gas stations. Nobody.

That means when their shelf stock runs out, it's gone. They can't get anymore because they can't pay their suppliers. Since they can't pay their suppliers, the stores are empty. They get shut down, boarded up. Now, everybody has all their money under their mattress, but remember. It's just paper. It's not really worth anything unless someone will trade you something for it. It's not backed by gold or anything. When all the stores run out of supplies and get boarded up then who's going to trade you something for your money? Nobody. I wouldn't because I can't use it either. What am I gonna buy with it? All the stores are closed. The faith in the currency completely falls apart and everyone will refuse to take it because it's just paper. It doesn't work without faith.

So, hopefully that won't happen. However, if it does. Don't worry about getting your money out of the bank. Worry about gathering as many canned goods, potatoes, rice, and clothes and supplies as you can. Get a few boxes of cigarettes and alcohol. Addicts will still want their cigs and alcohol and after a few days of cravings you won't need very much and they'll be trading you their life away just for a drag. You can trade them for more food supplies or manual labor or a place to stay. Worse case scenario, the alcohol provides a good source of sugar and calories if you can't trade it. But that's secondary. Get food and survival supplies first. Consider getting a few guns or at least a few good stabbin knives because people will be try to steal anything you have. You'll have to protect yourself at all times if that worst case scenario ever breaks out.

So, if that happens. Just skip the bank. Go straight to the store. Use your debit card or write checks even if you don't have money in the account. Put the credit cards up to the top. Get as much as you can. Even if you get caught. Being in jail might not be all that bad when all this goes down anyway. Then after that, you'll have to start taking things by force.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by tinfoilman]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

massive forclosures and housing tracks falling into ruin, tent cities"?
That would be Detroit...

Rust and Sun Belt cities lead '07 foreclosures
money.cnn.com...
&
Tent city dismantled
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 3/8/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by ominous

Who's telling you "large dept stores boarded up, massive forclosures and housing tracks falling into ruin, tent cities"? Not like that at all where I live at least. I'm not saying that it couldn't get that way but I'm just wondering what kind of propaganda's being spread in Thailand and China about this whole thing.

[edit on 7/3/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

We got tent cities in SoCal and entire housing tracks abondoned. I've seen a track of 100 homes recently built, just halted and abandoned. We had a real problem with people going into the houses and puling the copper and metals.

Lot's of stores boarded up, I don't have any links at the moment, but just a good google search will turn it up probably.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by czacza1

Obviously he means to take it out now and spend it. Spend it while it's still worth something.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by cognoscente
reply to post by czacza1

Obviously he means to take it out now and spend it. Spend it while it's still worth something.

Yeah, good idea. I am going to go get myself 2000 apple pies, since they were never provided for me in the first place (remember this little dilly?)...

www.thedailyshow.com...

Seriously, we are doomed.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Obviously they will not let the FDIC fail. But I think that they need to give the FDIC $500 billion shows just how sick our economy really is. The problem is that in an economy of our size - a massive economy - the effects of things are uncertain. Even the "experts" have no idea. It seems like we are printing money left and right but in reality very little of the money has hit the true economy (in the hands of actual consumers like you and me). People are generally saving much more and literally trillions are sitting on the sidelines. Runs on banks are real possibilities but as long as the FDIC is soilvent, I think most people will accept that (for now).

The situation is indeed grim.. After April 15, the US govt will have received about $1 trillion less in tax revenue than last year. Think about all of the stock losses me and everyone else will be reporting. States also know that their budgets are going to get hit hard. Pretty soon all the fancy talk and carefully tele=prompted speeches are no longer going to be able to deceive people. The "stimulus" was really a desperate attempt to fill the coming void of financial tax revenue that will impair state and local governments. I am fearful that May will be a very difficult month in US history.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join