It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel detains nukes. What for ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
It's not a secret.
Israel detains nukes, and the know how was given to them by a French jewish scientist.

Now the question is : what for ?

To my knowledge, NO islamic country around Israel has nukes. So far.
Pakistan has nukes also. But as such, is bound NOT to use them.

So the israelis nuke can't be used as deterrent against any other islamic nuclear power.

So, I ask again, WHAT FOR ?

The only rational answer would be : to use it as an ultimate weapon if Israel was next to be defeated.
But this could NOT be used on it's own soil : This would be described as "shooting one's foot".
So, it would be used on one of it's neighbours, out of the battleground.

This means that Israel is ready to use nukes on his neighbours civilians.

Ex

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Now the question is : what for ?

Well, IMO, it's like having a condom in your purse.
You may never need it but it's better to have it than
to need it and NOT have it!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Ever hear of the Samson option? Israel has had this plan in place for years. If Israel is ever threatened with total annialation, they will take out the entire area. It is part of remembering the holocaust and saying "never again."

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Israel has about 200 nukes according to US and Israeli sources.

"I worked from 1976 to 1985 at the Israeli secret underground nuclear weapons production facility at the Dimona nuclear plant in the Negev desert. During my time there, I was involved in processing plutonium for 10 nuclear bombs per year. I realized that my country had already processed enough plutonium for 200 nuclear weapons. I became really afraid when we started processing Lithium 6 which is only used for the hydrogen bomb. I felt that I had to prevent a nuclear holocaust in the Middle East so I took 60 pictures of the underground nuclear weapons processing plant some 75 meters under the Dimona plant. I resigned my post and left Israel in 1986. I first went to Australia and then made a connection with the Times in London. After a group of nuclear scientists verified my photos as proving Israeli nuclear weapons production, my story was published in England. A few months later, I was kidnapped by the Israelis in Rome and sent secretly by ship to Israel where I was subjected to a closed military trial without counsel. I was sentenced to 18 years in prison. I spent 12 years in solitary confinement.

Now I am trapped inside Israel and I’m being threatened with more prison time for speaking to people like you. I want to leave Israel and come to America where I can live as a free human being.”
-Mordechai Vanunu, an Israeli nuclear technician who is still a prisoner in Israel and is not allowed to leave the country.

Israel has also refused to sign the Nuclear Non proliferation treaty. That fact alone makes it illegal for the US to offer any funding to Israel.

Under the 1976 Symington Amendment to the Foreign Apprpriations Bill of 1961, the United States is forbidden to give ANY financial aid to nations developing nuclear technology outside the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. Israel has never signed the NNPT, which is why President Obama did the "Potomac Two-Step" when Helen Thomas asked him directly what nations in the Middle East currently have nuclear weapons.

It is interesting to see Israel trying to scare the world with lies about Irans nuclear threat, even though Iran does not have any weapons grade materials, while Israel is the ONLY nuclear threat in the region.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by orkson
It's not a secret.
Israel detains nukes

What do you mean 'detains'? Because from the tone of your post I think you might mean Israel possesses nukes.

detain
1. To keep from proceeding; delay or retard.
2. To keep in custody or temporary confinement: The police detained several suspects for questioning. The disruptive students were detained after school until their parents had been notified.
3. Obsolete To retain or withhold (payment or property, for example).

And yes your right, everyone and their dog knows that one thanks to Mordechai Vanunu.

Although I believe they still have a stance of a sort of 'we neither confirm nor deny' And they just completely avoid discussing the issue whenever they can. They of course are not a part of the Non proliferation treaty.

[edit on 7/3/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Israel has nukes they've had them for decades , with something like 5 bill in military aid from America every year , yeah you bet Israel has nukes. Even Jimmy Carter admits this .

[edit on 7-3-2009 by OpusMarkII]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Israel needs them. When they are at risk of being exterminted again, they will simply invite the rest of the world on the journey with them as they have said. So the option for the world is, live or die. There are some Islamic nations that will make the wrong choice one day. There is no way around this, and the world has it's head buried deep in the sand. So why do they have them? Because they need them.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
And they are "thermo-nuclear" as well.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

To keep in custody or temporary confinement

Yeah... Exactly what I maint.
Very temporary.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Yes israel has nukes, so does america. Whats your point? America has even used theirs but I dont hear you screaming about that. if I lived in a neighborhood of people who have been very vocal about my being destroyed id have weapons as well, wouldnt you?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by orkson
reply to post by Now_Then

To keep in custody or temporary confinement

Yeah... Exactly what I maint.
Very temporary.

So are you trying to say Israel has detained some one else's nuke weapons? You don't detain something your already own... You simply posses it.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Israel detains nukes

I think you need to look up the definition of the word "detain."

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Iran should just have nukes.. I mean look at N. Korea. They have nukes now. and We don't hear a thing from the media. Remember when they didn't have it? N. Korea was being threaten left and right. After N Korea tested its 1st nuke, Bush removed N Korea from the Axis of Evil.

LOL.

new topics

top topics

join