It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

How were we created? I'd like Creationist views. (Shed light on this Conpiracy).

page: 1
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Creationists did you know we are all in a conspiracy? Funny.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Over the past year, with the evangelically charged U.S. election, the creationism movement has gained new momentum along with an increase in posts here on ATS. From a purely objective standpoint, the issue of an organized group seeking to diminish or replace a widely accepted scientific topic with one of pure philosophy and faith fits the description of a "conspiracy".


I'm a Creationist. Yet, I believe in Evolution. Do we see evolution all around us. I believe so. I believe that since we were put on a planet with a finite number of resources. God made us so we (us and the animals) could slightly evolve to deal with these changes. ie; climate change, global warming, loss of natural habitat, O Zone depletion, etc.

Now you know why I believe in Evolution, but I don't believe in the Theory of Evolution. Do my views sound so outlandish?

I can't say Creationism or ID is a fact. NO WAY! Of course I can't. I believe it to be a fact. I could never tell someone it's a fact though. That would be forcing my belief on someone.

Remember, you can't tell me with Science what the Origin of Life is, my belief in ID sounds more reasonable on this subject than Science's, sorry.

CREATIONISTS: I'd like to hear your views on HOW WE WERE CREATED.

Thanks!


[edit on 7-3-2009 by B.A.C.]




posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Id like to know how creationists explain transitional fossils if evolution is wrong. The transitional fossils that we have found indicates that transitional species are actually extremely common.

Why believe in Biblical creationism even if the evidence is against them?




I don't believe in the Theory of Evolution


I suppose you are referring to natural selection? Or are you suggesting that evolution is not a fact but a theory, which you dont believe in.



[edit on 7-3-2009 by Daniem]



posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   


Remember, you can't tell me with Science what the Origin of Life is, my belief in ID sounds more reasonable on this subject than Science's, sorry.


I don't know that there is no god, but my observations have led me to believe that there probably isn't. I suppose you could call me an atheist with a twist of agnosticism. Anyways my question goes: How is ID more reasonable than UD? Have you studied the holy scriptures of pastafarianism? The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster tells us that we're the result of unintelligent design. Our creator was drunk (unintelligent) when he created us. I think it's far more reasonable an explanation than ID.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by iWork4NWO]



posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by B.A.C.
 


Not my belief *I am agnostic on the subject* but perhaps the system was set up by a "creator" in such a way life would be the result, sort of like stacking dominos. Doesn't seem so far fetched to me.



posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by B.A.C.
 


Not my belief *I am agnostic on the subject* but perhaps the system was set up by a "creator" in such a way life would be the result, sort of like stacking dominos. Doesn't seem so far fetched to me.


Do we live in a deterministic Universe? There's no room for free will in such a Universe.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by iWork4NWO]



posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by iWork4NWO
 


Um wrong. Everything does not have to be mapped out *which is what determinism calls for* for the conditions to be set up to be condusive for some form of life to be formed.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]



posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This makes sense,so because Science doesnt know the exact origins of life we jump to the most outlandish ideas based on 100% imagination to fill the gap instead of thinking rationally...that sounds familiar.



posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
After all I would find a reality in which everything was completely mapped out by me abysmally boring. I would set the conditions along certain lines *certain desired lines, IE life forming* and let the chips fall were they may.



posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daniem
Id like to know how creationists explain transitional fossils if evolution is wrong. The transitional fossils that we have found indicates that transitional species are actually extremely common.

Why believe in Biblical creationism even if the evidence is against them?




I don't believe in the Theory of Evolution


I suppose you are referring to natural selection? Or are you suggesting that evolution is not a fact but a theory, which you dont believe in.



[edit on 7-3-2009 by Daniem]


Here we go again.

Read my OP. I believe in Evolution, not the Theory that explains why it happens. Read my OP.

Where is there evidence AGAINST Creationism? Show me how life formed. Remember, we are talking Origin of Life, Not evolution. These are two separate fields of study.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by B.A.C.]



posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
This makes sense,so because Science doesnt know the exact origins of life we jump to the most outlandish ideas based on 100% imagination to fill the gap instead of thinking rationally...that sounds familiar.


You'll never understand faith.

I won't try to make you. I'm irrational remember?



posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by iWork4NWO

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by B.A.C.
 


Not my belief *I am agnostic on the subject* but perhaps the system was set up by a "creator" in such a way life would be the result, sort of like stacking dominos. Doesn't seem so far fetched to me.


Do we live in a deterministic Universe? There's no room for free will in such a Universe.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by iWork4NWO]


Free Will is a Verifiable Observation. Or a fact if you prefer.

Why do we have it, period.

Explain Free Will to me using The Theory of Evolution.



posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by B.A.C.
 


The belief in free will is the result of ignorance. Every choice you make is based on understandings which were given to you though your memories. If you add a memory it changes a person. If you remove a memory it changes a person. People use their memories to understand things and make choices. If you were to rewind your life and watch it you would understand that no matter how many times you replay that moment in time you will never make a different choice.



posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by B.A.C.
 


The belief in free will is the result of ignorance. Every choice you make is based on understandings which were given to you though your memories. If you add a memory it changes a person. If you remove a memory it changes a person. People use their memories to understand things and make choices. If you were to rewind your life and watch it you would understand that no matter how many times you replay that moment in time you will never make a different choice.


That's a good theory.

So this theory proves that I didn't receive free will from my Creator?

Or does it prove that freewill doesn't exist?

Wow, I'll just leave all my beliefs and join you. Where do I sign up?



posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Get off the free will vs. determinism argument, please. Free will always seems to win, in the end, even though I'm a hard-determinist.

Some creationists believe that human beings were engineered by aliens, and that all life has been stewarded into existence by "transdimensional" beings, who live beyond the reach of this "time-frame".

Ancient Sumerian texts tell the story that seems to be the best evidence to support this claim.

We will see the return of Nemesis and Nibiru in our life-times.

O-315



posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
theres nothing wrong with free will not existing. Im also afraid that the theory of evolution may be right. I have not seen any evidence that magic or mistical things occur... i see many peopl who believe in this crap and constantly rationalize why it didnt work or how it worked in the way they didnt expect.

According to our past i would indeed believe we were created. Although it was probobly alien geneticaly engineering life on the planet to form a planet dominating intelligence. This doesnt mean the aliens themselves didnt go through evolution. It may be easier to evolve as a life form based on silicon of some other element. Then when that life form evolves it eventualy creates life itself. That would be us.



posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
theres nothing wrong with free will not existing. Im also afraid that the theory of evolution may be right. I have not seen any evidence that magic or mistical things occur... i see many peopl who believe in this crap and constantly rationalize why it didnt work or how it worked in the way they didnt expect.

According to our past i would indeed believe we were created. Although it was probobly alien geneticaly engineering life on the planet to form a planet dominating intelligence. This doesnt mean the aliens themselves didnt go through evolution. It may be easier to evolve as a life form based on silicon of some other element. Then when that life form evolves it eventualy creates life itself. That would be us.


Evolution and Origin of Life (Abiogenesis) are 2 completely different fields of scientific study. Even though they would seem logically connected.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by B.A.C.]



posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
[edit on 7-3-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]



posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.
Creationists did you know we are all in a conspiracy? Funny.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

DEAR OP

I'm a Creationist. Yet, I believe in Evolution._javascript:icon('
') Do we see evolution all around us.

I'm Lost !!!!!, Any way Ho we were created, i used to be Pro-Evolution, but since you post IT'N NOT a FACT, I made up my mind.

I'm sure we were created by The flying spaghetti monster F.S.M. As fas as I know is based just in Science so it could be a fact.

Saludos



posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by cisnerosmtz

Originally posted by B.A.C.
Creationists did you know we are all in a conspiracy? Funny.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

DEAR OP

I'm a Creationist. Yet, I believe in Evolution._javascript:icon('
') Do we see evolution all around us.

I'm Lost !!!!!, Any way Ho we were created, i used to be Pro-Evolution, but since you post IT'N NOT a FACT, I made up my mind.

I'm sure we were created by The flying spaghetti monster F.S.M. As fas as I know is based just in Science so it could be a fact.

Saludos


Excellent.

I call the flying spaghetti monster God, but ok.



[edit on 8-3-2009 by B.A.C.]



posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   



Free Will is a Verifiable Observation. Or a fact if you prefer.

Why do we have it, period.




Whoa, really? Who got the Nobel prize for it? How did they prove the existence of free will?


[edit on 8-3-2009 by iWork4NWO]







 
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join