It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK Catholics....Convince me

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Supercertari

Thank you SC that was educational. Impressive for "off the cuff"!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I've always believed that, "God made man, man made religion." First off, let's not get bogged down in creationism, but focus on the second part.

God didn't make the Catholic Church, man did. Just like man created every other religion. I see very few posts about the Church of England and look how they got their start...but I digress. Religion is meant to bring the individual closer to their God. Each and everyone of us has a different idea who their God is or who he/she ain't.

I am a practicing Catholic. Do I believe/follow all of the Church's ideoligies? No. But it's a church that fits who I am. Do I think Priests should be allowed to marry? Sure, but that ain't law so they can't and I'm okay with that. Do I like every Priest I've met...No, but I've liked the vast majority.

The Catholic Church has had her fair share of scandals and bad Popes/Priests and people. Any powerful organization is bound to corrupt, but she's also had her fair share of good people. Pope John Paul II was a brilliant man who carried the weight of the Church on his shoulders. Mother Teresa lost her faith in God but still took care of the lowliest. Two instances.

On a final note, I believe that the prophecy of Malachy is going to be a real bummer not only for the Church but for everyone.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

Hi Hemisphere,
For the record, I am still very much with this thread. I have been enjoying the education. Thank you very much for your input, and everyone else as well.

I have been accused in the past of being a Catholic basher, but it is definately not the case. I am very curious, as are many others, about the history of the church (good and bad) as well as the 'mysteries' that surround it. I have found that this is a great place to get a wide variety of perspectives on the matter.

Yes, I do have a point of view, but presenting it while asking questions may bias the responses given. In posing the questions in a general (perhaps even vague) manner everyone is open to respond as they see appropriate giving more opportunity for discussion.

Again, thank you all for the entertainment and more importantly the education.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

The stuff you quote Paul as doing is exactly the opposite of what Jesus says to do. There are actual reasons why Jesus said not to do such things. So when Paul says these "teachers" and so forth, that is not the case. It is the formation of authority on earth when such authority is not of the father.

You push them off as little with no effect, but it's quite the opposite. These are manipulations.

I'm about to address some of that in my next post to SC, so you can read up there.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

See, this is why I am against the catholic church, or any such organizations/authorities. People build up these authorities thinking they are good, doing so for what they view as good people, but then in reality you have just giving evil authority.

When Jesus tells the disciples not to make themselves leaders, not to call themselves teachers and not to do these things it is for that reason. Because you must realize when you create the authority and give that authority over, you are giving that authority to a man, who can do either good or bad things.

You can keep on dismissing the bad people and thats fine and well, but it is the system that allows such powers and authorities to exist in the first place that are the problem. If such were the actual fruits of the father, there would not be such evil.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The Catholic Church was established by Christ, other Christian Ecclessial Communities are off shoots from it. The scriptural foundations of the Church are unquestionable, though ignored and contorted to support the fallacy that it was not so intended.

The authority of the Church was given by Christ to the Apostles which in the post-Pentecost Church was manifest in the first council of Jerusalem and the apostles choosing who would replace Judas and throughout the Acts of the Apostles this Church, according to God's plan, is manifestly seen to grow.

The injunction that the Apostles should be servants is one which persists in the Church, this does not however mean that the frailty of human nature has not resulted in errors as even in the early Church Peter's error had to be corrected by Paul. However, the inspiration of the Spirit remains with the Church which is manifest, not least and not only, in its persistence despite the errors which have from time to time arisen. The dogmas of the Church have always been maintained free from error by the grace of the Paraclete whom Christ promised to be with the Church to explain those things which happened during His earthly ministry.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

It was not established by Christ, and I'd like for you to prove that. The only "church" Jesus talks about building is a church of wisdom, knowledge and understanding, not a physical church.

A physical church was called a synagogue back then, not a church. Just because you change the name from Church to synagogue doesn't change what it is. When you look at all the things the Pharisees did in their synagogues, you can find the same thing in the Catholic and other "churches".

Matthew 23

2Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:

3All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

Check, the church has a long history of bad works in the name of Jesus. But we should still do what they say, and remember who they praise and pretend to be rather than what they do. As with all such hypocrites.

4For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

Check. You are all sinners and you must carry out the burdens given by the church. This would be confession, doing hail mary's and so forth. All burdens put on the people to remind them - you are not good enough and can't better yourself without them.

5But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

Check. The church acts in a completely political way. Even with the ww2 pope stuff there is politics and a pope/church worried about public image. And they will not doubt carry around their scripture and they certainly wear garments to make themselves appear special.

6And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,

Check again, they take the chief seats in the church. The leaders of the church in which Jesus says not to make yourselves into.

7And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

Check, Again only a change in the word itself. Rather than Rabbi it is preacher, cardinal, priest or pope.

8But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

But they do call themselves such names. But I know who the one master is, and I know better.

9And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Except for Paul apparently, who pretends to be our father on earth and we are all just waiting to be "adopted" as sons of god. Well guess what. I was born a son of god and there is no such thing as being "adopted".

So you can change the names around and pretend they aren't the same things all you want. But a rose by any other name still smells the same, and these things carry out the same exact functions as the synagogues from Jesus.

Proverbs 8

7For my mouth shall speak truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.

8All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.

9They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.

10Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.

11For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

It doesn't matter what you call such things, I will continue to look at the actions/fruits of such things and make my choices based on that. These things are plain to those that understand and have wisdom.

Or would you have me believe that Jesus would scorn the Jewish rabbi for his actions, and overlook the "priest" doing the same exact actions simply because he goes by another name?

[edit on 12-3-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

It was not established by Christ, and I'd like for you to prove that. The only "church" Jesus talks about building is a church of wisdom, knowledge and understanding, not a physical church.

A physical church was called a synagogue back then, not a church. Just because you change the name from Church to synagogue doesn't change what it is. When you look at all the things the Pharisees did in their synagogues, you can find the same thing in the Catholic and other "churches".

The One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church is not a building it is the Church as the ecclesiastical community and mystical body of Christ which exists above and beyond temporal and spatial boundaries.

For “proof” of Christ’s establishment of the Church I need only refer you to Matthew 16: 18-19

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matthew 23 is indeed an interesting and challenging passage for all those who continue in the commissioning of Peter and the apostles in the Church. Of note is that Christ does not condemn the burden, nor even those who “impose” the burden but their refusal to help in the carrying of it. This has, perhaps is, a continuing problem among some of the ministers of the Church who do not allow compassion and proper spiritual training of the people to accompany the imposition of those burdens which are essential in the Christian life and the constant struggle against sin and concupiscence.

The marvel of Calvary is that indeed none of us is worthy and at the same time no human being is excluded from the merits of Christ’s death and resurrection. Like all gifts, graces, it depends on the recipient whether they employ that freely given to them. To correctly employ such graces does of course require at times correction, at other times encouragement and at all times direction something which the Church provides in the deposit of faith and through the sensus fidelium.

The Church, as a communion of people concerned with the oppressed and downtrodden must be “political” without being partisan. Thee “WW2 pope stuff” was not concern about public image but rather concern about the safety of its own members and the members of other communities, particularly the Jewish Community.

Where the chief seats, etc. is concerned, it is not these which Christ condemns but rather those who seek them not for service of the community and God but in service to their own desires, ambitions and sense of self importance. The apostolic Church Christ founded, with the hierarchical structure He established means there will be “higher seats”, the motives of those who are called to occupy them must be carefully examined by them to ensure they do so not for self-gain but for service. Have all done this – no, but that does not mean we take away the chairs Christ Himself established.

As for titles, no man called “Father” imagines that he thus replaces “Our Father”, no person called teacher imagines s/he replaces the one “Way, Truth and Life.” If the titles given to such people has any significance it is principally for the bearer to remind them constantly that they do not exercise their ministry in their own name but in service of the people of God.

In baptism all Christians are imparted with the grace of sharing in the threefold ministry of Christ as priest, prophet and king – to sanctify, announce and lead: characteristics which involve, leadership, correction, encouragement and leadership – characteristics which Christ did not warn against, His warnings were against those then, and now, who misuse them. Christ did not condemn the rabbi for the things he did but the manner in which he did them, the same is true for those priests/ministers/etc. of today who are motivated not by compassion and love of Christ but by their own self-aggrandisement.

As for your problem with Paul, well what can I say – you are determined in your beliefs, not for the sake of being awkward but because you truly believe these things and the veil into your soul is not one which I can cross but I pray that the Lord may, as He did on Good Friday, tear asunder that veil and open your heart to the Father’s will and the full community of the faithful in the Church which He established.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
We Catholics are normal.
Nothing evil. In fact, I find the Catholic mass to be the most holy/solemn/reverent mass of all the Christian religions........it just feels so............holy. Very gratifying.
My advice to all of the Catholic bashers or those who think it harbors evil conspiracies:
this Sunday, at any given Catholic church in your home town, stop in and see if all your "imaginings" are real or not. I guarantee if you are looking for something evil, you will not find it in the Catholic mass. You'd be surprised how beautiful it is, and respectful to God.

On a side note, every Catholic church puts it's own very slight subtle twist on the mass. It never use to be like this until the 1960's hit. It all started with the folk masses. But maybe it's just me....I don't go to church to dance/rock out/sing my head off.......I go to pray and commune with God....which is what it's really suppose to be about.

Vikingant, you really should go to a Catholic mass just to check it out....satisfy you're curiousness. This way you can get a better feel of what it's about. Right? Sit in the back and just observe..

[edit on 12-3-2009 by rocknroll]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Supercertari

Originally posted by badmedia

The One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church is not a building it is the Church as the ecclesiastical community and mystical body of Christ which exists above and beyond temporal and spatial boundaries.

Lets stop and breath for a moment...this here is exactly where many misunderstandings come from.
Yes..Jesus established the foundations of modern Christianity and the basis of 'the Church' but to say he established the 'Catholic Church' is ridiculous. Small c catholic with the definition of universal maybe but it is the Roman Catholic Church that is in question here. A very different entity my friend.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

For “proof” of Christ’s establishment of the Church I need only refer you to Matthew 16: 18-19

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

But it is not a physical church. The only true church is within a person, and it is built out of knowledge and understanding(wisdom) which are the only true riches of the father, and is not how this world gives.

To say the rock is physical is absurd, Jesus talks about wisdom being built on a rock, and foolishness as being built on the sand. Again as I say, you build the true church within on wisdom, which is like building on a rock.

Matthew 7 shows this.

24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Sorry, but taking something that is within and spiritual and creating a physical replacement for it is just uncalled for and wrong. It's a manipulation.

Matthew 23 is indeed an interesting and challenging passage for all those who continue in the commissioning of Peter and the apostles in the Church. Of note is that Christ does not condemn the burden, nor even those who “impose” the burden but their refusal to help in the carrying of it. This has, perhaps is, a continuing problem among some of the ministers of the Church who do not allow compassion and proper spiritual training of the people to accompany the imposition of those burdens which are essential in the Christian life and the constant struggle against sin and concupiscence.

The marvel of Calvary is that indeed none of us is worthy and at the same time no human being is excluded from the merits of Christ’s death and resurrection. Like all gifts, graces, it depends on the recipient whether they employ that freely given to them. To correctly employ such graces does of course require at times correction, at other times encouragement and at all times direction something which the Church provides in the deposit of faith and through the sensus fidelium.

He tells his disciples not to call themselves these things, and not to become leaders. The very act of calling yourself these things goes against the actual teachings of Jesus, which is no doubt because of the writings of Paul.

You do not need to be certified by a church or any other man or organization on earth. But this is the kind of things we get in replacement of just someone getting the holy spirit or seeing the father. Where dogma and traditions must be upheld over everything else.

The Church, as a communion of people concerned with the oppressed and downtrodden must be “political” without being partisan. Thee “WW2 pope stuff” was not concern about public image but rather concern about the safety of its own members and the members of other communities, particularly the Jewish Community.

So you are saying they compromised and feared death.

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Jesus also talks and tells why he is so picky on who his disciples can be. Because of people who will compromise for their own security and to save themselves. For what king doesn't weight the odds before battle etc.

Where the chief seats, etc. is concerned, it is not these which Christ condemns but rather those who seek them not for service of the community and God but in service to their own desires, ambitions and sense of self importance. The apostolic Church Christ founded, with the hierarchical structure He established means there will be “higher seats”, the motives of those who are called to occupy them must be carefully examined by them to ensure they do so not for self-gain but for service. Have all done this – no, but that does not mean we take away the chairs Christ Himself established.

There is only 1 chief seat and it is located within, not in some church building. The motives of such seats are endless in themselves, and the function of the system itself is a bait and switch technique. People build up the authority under what they feel is good, and then you switch out the position once the authority is established. Obviously this is not something that only the catholic church or just any church suffers from, but a problem with creating false authority figures in the first place.

As for titles, no man called “Father” imagines that he thus replaces “Our Father”, no person called teacher imagines s/he replaces the one “Way, Truth and Life.” If the titles given to such people has any significance it is principally for the bearer to remind them constantly that they do not exercise their ministry in their own name but in service of the people of God.

Actually it's not about the titles themselves, but the positions of authority and claims such titles carry with them. As I said before, a rose by any other name still smells the same. These people put themselves in a seat(authority) of which they do not belong.

In baptism all Christians are imparted with the grace of sharing in the threefold ministry of Christ as priest, prophet and king – to sanctify, announce and lead: characteristics which involve, leadership, correction, encouragement and leadership – characteristics which Christ did not warn against, His warnings were against those then, and now, who misuse them. Christ did not condemn the rabbi for the things he did but the manner in which he did them, the same is true for those priests/ministers/etc. of today who are motivated not by compassion and love of Christ but by their own self-aggrandisement.

Leadership?

For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform signs and wonders, to lead astray, if possible, the elect.

There is only 1 leader, the father. Not men on earth. You have those commandments.

As for your problem with Paul, well what can I say – you are determined in your beliefs, not for the sake of being awkward but because you truly believe these things and the veil into your soul is not one which I can cross but I pray that the Lord may, as He did on Good Friday, tear asunder that veil and open your heart to the Father’s will and the full community of the faithful in the Church which He established.

Jesus does everything the father taught me, Paul does everything the father taught me not to do. I see the father speaking through Jesus, that is not who I hear in Paul.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
Lets stop and breath for a moment...this here is exactly where many misunderstandings come from.
Yes..Jesus established the foundations of modern Christianity and the basis of 'the Church' but to say he established the 'Catholic Church' is ridiculous. Small c catholic with the definition of universal maybe but it is the Roman Catholic Church that is in question here. A very different entity my friend.

"Misunderstanding" is indeed the correct phrase, but what is misunderstood is not what is in error but the misunderstanding itself. In the proclamation of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church as founded by Christ there is no suggestion of the conspiratorial musings which generated this thread without misunderstanding.

The Church is the servant of the people of God, of all people. This service is actualized in her inumerable charitable works, her devotion to the causes of the voiceless and oppressed, her timeless announcing of the truth in and, as at present, out of season. The "shoulds" of its moral directions do grate on the relatavistic sensibilities of the current era but that ot because there will naturally be a tension between the two world views, one which proclaims truth to be subjective the other objective.

Christ didn't establish the foundations of "modern Christianity", nor of ancient Christianity but of that Christianity which is timeless and is embodied in the Catholic Church and her continuity. There is no breach in this continuity between he who first received that commission, Peter, and the church as she now exists. The word "tradition" is important in the etymological sense of "tradere" ("to hand on") which is what the church has, does and continues to do through its sanctifying, prophetic and leadership roles. Christ who is the same "yesterday, today and forever."

The "Catholic Church" is, to use a synonym for Catholic, the Universal Church - that established by Christ. This is manifest in Scripture and in History. The Eastern Schism left the Church intact whilst the schismatic element has continued to fracture among itself. The Western Schism led to similar results where those who broke away have continued, from the first moment of breech, to continue to fragment into the innumerate churches and ecclessial bodies in protestantism. This now seems to be taken to its extreme limit in the relativism and subjectivity of individual's "truths" and the "church of self" which, I note, appears with frightening regularity on the pages of this forum. The Catholic Church persists unfragmented: One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic.

The mysteries of God and salvation are too much for one person, and in questions of faith I happily surrender my own desires and ponderings to the deposit of faith handed on by the Mystical Body of Christ in His Church.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

So based on your argument all christians are responsible for and should be accused of the various conspiracies, cover ups and controversy in general.

Sure various 'branches' of christianity (Baptists, Anglicans, Lutherans etc) use the term 'catholic church' in the context as you have described. However, when discussing the crusades, inquisitions, the hiding or destruction of original scriptures and what not, it is as I said earlier, the Roman Catholic Church as an organisation not christians as a whole.
Furthermore, the institution of the RCC as it is known today was NOT founded by Christ or any of his followers.

To take the conspirital angle a little further, you could argue that Peter was the founder and was instructed by Christ, but who is to say this was not yet another addition to the scriptures to justify thier position in world history?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
they murder women and side with the nazi why give them a chance they side with the devil

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Sure various 'branches' of christianity (Baptists, Anglicans, Lutherans etc) use the term 'catholic church' in the context as you have described. However, when discussing the crusades, inquisitions, the hiding or destruction of original scriptures and what not, it is as I said earlier, the Roman Catholic Church as an organisation not christians as a whole.
Furthermore, the institution of the RCC as it is known today was NOT founded by Christ or any of his followers.

To take the conspirital angle a little further, you could argue that Peter was the founder and was instructed by Christ, but who is to say this was not yet another addition to the scriptures to justify thier position in world history?

The hiding or destruction of original scriptures is an absolutely foundless "received wisom" among conspirators which has no basis in historical fact. It amuses me greatly to see the Coucil of Nicea and Constantine brought up in this regard, but worries me that so many people having heard of it accpet it without doing their own research. For a summary of the issue, using historical documents and analysis please refer here. Not as the final word but as a resource to delve into the sources yourself.

The Crusades and Inquisition are more examples of "received wisdom" being an exagerration of the facts in histories written by, guess who, the anglo-saxon protestant ascendency. There were Crusades: were they unprovoked invasions of a foreign land, no: did they become politicised by European powers such as Venice, yes. The Inquisition saw many more excused of the accusations levelled against them than convicted and of those conviceted a minimal number were executed. Was the Inquisition politicised, again, clearly and absolutely yes. Many confuse the Spanish Inquisition with the old Vatican office of the Inquisition, which was, as the name freed from the connotations attached to it, suggests an institution of enquiry.

The problem with conspiracies is that there is often no point trying to convince anyone otherwise because conspiracies are often like the old image of the world as turtles all the way down. When evidence is presented it was manufactured by the conspirators, etc., etc. If you have no trust in the Canon of Scripture then really, as with those who choose to ignore Paul, you may as well stand arguing with your microwave and telling it it can't actually heat up your food. Without Scripture and the deposit of faith as handed onto us there is nothing. Some choose to accept that and face into the abyss I choose to believe these things and freely submit my will to the sensus fidelium which is a better assurance than the imaginings I might invent myself or glean from those who see conspiracy everywhere.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

We don't pray to The Blessed Mother, we ask her to pray for us. The same situation applies to the Saints. We do not pray to them, we ask them to pray for us.

They intercede for us, the same way you might pray to God for a friend or family member that is in need.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
First of all....Nice avoidance on the difference between RCC and general Christian population...

The hiding or destruction of original scriptures is an absolutely foundless "received wisom" among conspirators which has no basis in historical fact.

This was just a forinstance of claims made against the church, but I do see what you are saying here.

The Crusades and Inquisition are more examples of "received wisdom" being an exagerration of the facts in histories written by, guess who, the anglo-saxon protestant ascendency. There were Crusades: were they unprovoked invasions of a foreign land, no: did they become politicised by European powers such as Venice, yes. The Inquisition saw many more excused of the accusations levelled against them than convicted and of those conviceted a minimal number were executed. Was the Inquisition politicised, again, clearly and absolutely yes. Many confuse the Spanish Inquisition with the old Vatican office of the Inquisition, which was, as the name freed from the connotations attached to it, suggests an institution of enquiry.

I am guessing the holocaust was misreprisented and blown way out of proportion as well?

Originally posted by BostonBill99
reply to post by munkey66

We don't pray to The Blessed Mother, we ask her to pray for us. The same situation applies to the Saints. We do not pray to them, we ask them to pray for us.

They intercede for us, the same way you might pray to God for a friend or family member that is in need.

OK...so on one hand we have Mary and the saints pray for ourselves...yet on the other you say we do indeed have a direct line to god afterall!?!?!?!
This is what I cant fathom. If we can talk to God directly then the saints are out of a job.

[edit on 13/3/2009 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

First of all....Nice avoidance on the difference between RCC and general Christian population...

Well I hoped, or presumed, I did not have to restate my position on the Eastern or Western Schism. I would concur with the Curch's teaching that all Christians are to a greater or lesser extent members of the Church, I will quote hte summary of the deposit of faith, the Catechism of the Catholic Church on this issue:

838 "The Church knows that she is joined in many ways to the baptized who are honored by the name of Christian, but do not profess the Catholic faith in its entirety or have not preserved unity or communion under the successor of Peter." Those "who believe in Christ and have been properly baptized are put in a certain, although imperfect, communion with the Catholic Church." With the Orthodox Churches, this communion is so profound "that it lacks little to attain the fullness that would permit a common celebration of the Lord's Eucharist."

CCC 838
The whole page might be worth having a look at if you feel so inclined.

I am guessing the holocaust was misreprisented and blown way out of proportion as well?

I would avoid guessing if I were you. There are some conspiracy theories against Judaism, which like those against Catholicism, depend on rhetoric and received wisdom rather than historical evidence. The Shoa was not Catholicism or Christianity's doing it was a godless, athiestic, nationalist and nihilist assault which was focussed on, but not exclusively committed against, the children of Abraham.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by Hemisphere
At the 1st Nicene Council in 325 AD, Constantine selected which of the available scriptures would be included and accepted as the inspired word of God.

Wrong.
That's just an urban legend.
Endlessly repeated on the internet.

Kapyong

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingdrew
they murder women and side with the nazi why give them a chance they side with the devil

Hi,

I realize that this is fruitless, but:

can you please expound with quotes and references?

Thanks!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join