It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]Ufo's in hide park, i filmed then on my phone[HOAX]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

OK We all had our little laugh now everybody back to work!

What a joke. They actually thought they were going to get away with it

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
...some people just don't know what an IP Check is...

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

Thanks for the great work uncovering this hoax. I was certainly duped by Truther and i cant understand why he did it. Theres plenty of chances to have a REAL sighting of UFOs. However, dont rule out other recent sightings over London www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I'm puzzled too.

He really did have some fine threads and was a well written poster.

Some of them were front page material.

9/11 Bush in the class room, How the hell did we miss this?
EU & UN Call For "Immediate New World Order"
We're running out of time

Why the change of heart from valuable member to serial hoaxer?

Perhaps he built the Truther profile simply to get to the respect level needed to pull off a hoax? And he still failed.

Perhaps his account was hijacked? The conspiracy theorist in me can't see a member like that doing this. Perhaps we didn't know him at all, but maybe one of his threads struck a cord with someone high up and they decided to discredit him? How better than to hack his account and dig a hole that leads to exposing a hoax and a ban?

Is there any way to check that his IP has always been the same? Did it change not long before the London lights thread?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

OK We all had our little laugh now everybody back to work!

What a joke. They actually thought they were going to get away with it

How can anyone of sane mind be duped by that video?

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

[Mod Edit - removed vulgarity]

[edit on 7/3/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I was thinking too...

This sets a horrible precedent for future stories of high-strangeness.

Many of the (true) stories I have told would have been immediately binned if I had not been a long serving, credible member.

Now that we've had our (in my mind) first big case of a long time member going bad, it may make it harder for other older members to tell our stories and share our findings without being grilled about our motives and truthfulness.

Sad day, really.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I think that maybe Truther genuinly saw what he said he saw but due to the negative replies he got when he couldnt produce the video that he said he could get, he wanted to save face by concocting a story under an alias to verify hes story. Sadly its all gone wrong. Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr

Why the change of heart from valuable member to serial hoaxer?

I think there may be a more simple explanation. I'm a fairly new member here myself, but I watched Truther's thread from the beginning. It's my impression that he actually did see something, became a bit excited, and jumped the gun with his post. Glitches, errors, mistakes happen. It's easily possible that he believed his sister had recorded the event on her friend's phone. I can certainly see it getting deleted as the result of one too many pressuring calls to hurry up and post. At any rate, this makes far more sense to me than seeing someone of Truther's credibility and standing throwing that all away for a few S&Fs. As to this thread . . .

Still, being fairly new here, I may still be in that not-yet-jaded and innocent stage.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer77

That doesn't explain his attempt to pass off a hoax video as 'evidence' under a different username.

Not only did he fail to produce the evidence the first time, he attempted to lie to and mislead the members here. Regardless of how hurt he was over his treatment in the first topic, it is no excuse.

That is unforgivable, and shows an intent to hoax ATS.

The first thread I had sympathy for him, because he did seem truthful (excuse the pun) about his claim.

Perhaps the video this thread is based on is the one from his sister, and he thought that by posting it under a new, unrelated name it might get a bit more credibility than after the debacle in the first thread.

Even if that is the case, he broke nearly every rule in the book by making this thread.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

I do agree - there is no excuse for it. Without regard for any psychological reason he may have imagined, he did nothing except hurt himself (in these forums) beyond repair with this misguided attempt at vindication.

It's unfortunate; even as you were sympathetic to him earlier, I think most were and would have offered a second chance.

I only offered my take on his earlier thread as a possibility other than design.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
Perhaps the video this thread is based on is the one from his sister, and he thought that by posting it under a new, unrelated name it might get a bit more credibility than after the debacle in the first thread.
No, as Crakeur said, this video was posted on YouTube on August 31, 2008.

And it's not the first a long standing and highly regarded member has misbehaved, I have seen some cases in the five or six years I have been visiting ATS, either as a lurker or as a member.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Ah OK, didn't see that.

Yeah I've seen members pull the wool over our collective eyes before, but never one that had over 100k points.

You have to have some serious commitment to reach a milestone like that. It just doesn't sit right with me.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Whatever the reasons for "Truther" doing what he did in posting both threads, I think it makes all of us a little more suspicious of "WOW-LOOK AT THIS" threads that present no evidence up front.

I genuinely felt bad for "Truther" and all the abuse that people were throwing into the threads. It turns out...........they were right.

I, as well, enjoyed his posts and intelligent retortes. Perhaps he will return and contribute substance under another "persona". Hopefully, he'll stay true to the character that he creates, or to his real self.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

Yes, but I have two things to say about that.

First, I don't know how many points he had when he started the thread.

Second, he "made his name" in threads that were not about UFOs, in UFOs threads his comments were not that impressive.

PS: I prefer to use the "Applause" count rather than the points counter as a way of judging member's participation on ATS.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by StonyJ

I will not be more suspicious than I am now, we should not change our behaviour (if we think it's the right one) just because someone tried to abuse our trust.

And "WOW" threads are always suspicious (unless they are from Mikesingh, then it's normal
)

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I see this as the beginning of a new type of thread.

The "SOMETHING GOING ON RIGHT NOW, IS ANYONE ELSE SEEING IT? I DO NOT HAVE A CAMERA".

Followed by the immediate "Pics or it didn't happen" comment.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

there coming there coming

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
what disgusts me is
a/ the language
b/why this user isnt banned
c/ why this thread isnt closed

the language was bad enough to make my poor recently deceased grandmother shake in her grave.........

the whole reason for the 2012 shift, and the reason in general for people wanting to move out of this limited third dimensional reality we live in
is because of PEOPLE LIKE YOU

foul mouthed
disgusting
no respect for ANYONE

bad horrible people who bring about nothing but negative energy

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Wow sometimes it sucks to be right. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt but it seems some don't deserve it.
Thankyou for catching this so quick guys.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join