It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Citizenship Case A Waste Of Time: Federal Judge

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Obama Citizenship Case A Waste Of Time: Federal Judge

www.huffingtonpost.com

WASHINGTON — A federal judge on Thursday threw out a lawsuit questioning President Barack Obama's citizenship, lambasting the case as a waste of the court's time and suggesting the plaintiff's attorney may have to compensate the president's lawyer.

In an argument popular on the Internet and taken seriously practically nowhere else, Obama's critics argue he is ineligible to be president because he is not a "natural-born citizen" as the Constitution requires.

In response last summer, Obama's campaign posted his Hawaiian birth certificate on its Web site. But the lawsuit argues it is a fake and that Obama was actually born in his father's homeland of Kenya, even though Hawaiian officials have said the document is authentic.

"This case, if it were allowed to proceed, would deserve mention in one of those books that seek to prove that the law is foolish or that America has too many lawyers with not enough to do," U.S. District Judge James Robertson said in his written opinion.

The lawsuit didn't even use Obama's legal name but called him "Barry Soetoro," the name he went by while attending elementary school in Indonesia. It's one of many that has been filed claiming Obama is ineligible to serve as president.

Robertson ordered plaintiff's attorney John Hemenway of Colorado Springs, Colo., to show why he hasn't violated court rules barring frivolous and harassing cases and shouldn't have to pay Obama's attorney, Bob Bauer, for his time arguing that the case should be thrown out.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Copy The EXACT Headline: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

[edit on 3/7/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
This story is weird to say the least.

on one hand they say his Hawaiian birth certificate is a fake but throw out the case.

How the man leading the free world can produce a fake birth certificate is behond me......

And this is a classic

The lawsuit didn't even use Obama's legal name but called him "Barry Soetoro,"
Please flag for fellow member to comment on.
Peace& health
SM

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I hope they do force this guy to pay Obama's lawyer for wasting his time.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Leto]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by smokingman2006

on one hand they say his Hawaiian birth certificate is a fake but throw out the case.
How the man leading the free world can produce a fake birth certificate is beyond me......
And this is a classic
The lawsuit didn't even use Obama's legal name but called him "Barry Soetoro,"

And after banging my head repeatedly on my keyboard in pure frustration over this thread and post you should be forced to pay for my new keyboard.

UGH!

peace

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokingman2006

How the man leading the free world can produce a fake birth certificate is behond me......

I think you're confused about who thinks the birth certificate is fake.

Politicians lie about all kinds of things to get what they want, why would a birth certificate be any different?

Really, I don't get why the President doesn't just give these people what they want so they'll leave him alone. Boggles the mind really.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Even if obama wasnt born on american soil you would never know about it,im sure it would have been completely erased from record and no amount of digging would find it.These people own the system and when obama gets backers like J.P morgan aka rothschilds for his campaign you can be sure they have done everything to erase all record of him not being born on American soil(assuming he wasn't)

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Leto

i hope that if they find out he's not a citizen,that they prosecute the judge too.
even though you have finally found the only honest politician in the world.

Mod edit: remove line of emoticons.

[edit on 3/7/2009 by Hal9000]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angry Danish
Politicians lie about all kinds of things to get what they want, why would a birth certificate be any different?

Because the authenticity of the birth certificate he has presented coupled with the scenarios argued as to whether he is natural born have have all been put to rest. The only folks left arguing otherwise are the rightwing fringe who really dont have any more excuses for why he cant be president... oh yes except for the old ones they continuosly repeat over and over again, despte being debunked... over and over again.

Really, I don't get why the President doesn't just give these people what they want so they'll leave him alone. Boggles the mind really.

The president has given them what they want, the president has presented a certification of his birth on US soil, which has further being confirmed by Hawaii state officials, which has been further confirmed by health officials, which has satisfied all of america but the rightwing fringe.

Now as for the long form birth certificate, the president has no reason to do so because the short form already directly reflects what it says on the long form.... that he is born on US soil, and the state and health officials have confirmed this. Now this notion that Obama should cater to the rightwing fringe, the same fringe that will hate him regardless, the same fringe who things his a muslim anti-christ gay loving terrorist... it shouldnt "boggle" your mind at all why he or anybody else hasnt bothered.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Wasn't there a website that showed how the paper Obama showed was a fake?

Line Two Please

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Yeah, here we go:

web.israelinsider.com...
www.worldnetdaily.com...

I wish he would just show us the damn birth certificate .... unless of course he is trying to hide something.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I guess this judge is retarded and should be disbarred. There is a difference between a COLB and long-version birth certificate. According to Hawaii law, ANYONE, born ANYWHERE can get one. Whereas only Hawaiian born citizens will have a long-version vault copy of a birth certificate. So where is it? Why has be spent millions of dollars to supress it? Millions to supress his Occidental College records? What is he hiding? Why won't the courts allow for the full redress of grievances as guaranteed by the Constitution? Apparently I know more about the law than this retarded *SNIP* judge!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/7/2009 by Hal9000]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Now this notion that Obama should cater to the rightwing fringe, the same fringe that will hate him regardless, the same fringe who things his a muslim anti-christ gay loving terrorist... it shouldnt "boggle" your mind at all why he or anybody else hasnt bothered.

Agreed. And to add, the whole premise that Obama even knows or cares about the endless internet debate on his birth certificate is laughable. These ridiculous lawsuits have all been thrown out of court without Obama's attorney even having to make a case. In other words, Obama has never even been asked to produce more proof of his birth.

When the only argument to support a wild theory is that somebody refuses to do something they haven't been asked to do, you know you're not dealing with rational people anymore.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
According to Hawaii law, ANYONE, born ANYWHERE can get one.

Proof?

Why has be spent millions of dollars to supress it?

Proof? So far I see Bob Bauer went down to the courthouse to find out what was going on. Whatever he'll bill Obama for that, will probably be paid by the dipstick who filed the case. In that case, I hope it is millions but since you claim it's already been spent I'd like to see your proof please.

Millions to supress his Occidental College records?

Proof please.

What is he hiding? Why won't the courts allow for the full redress of grievances as guaranteed by the Constitution? Apparently I know more about the law than this retarded a**hole judge!

Apparently not. As you don't seem to know that you have to provide proof that you have a grievance before it can be redressed.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Anyone who does not want the facts to come out about this, and get to the bottom are the same gullible fools who got us here in the first place! It is a simple request, but yet he has spent millions on a plethora of lawyers to keep this secret. I WANT JUSTICE! I HOPE ANYONE WHO GOT IN THE WAY OF FINDING THE TRUTH OF THIS IS BROUGHT UP ON CHARGES. OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE TO START!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokingman2006

This story is weird to say the least.

Reading is fundamental.... the judge didn't say the BC was fake.... the people bringing the case alleged it was fake.... and the judge threw it out.

You might want to read those articles you post.

Once again... he didn't produce a fake BC... read the article...

[edit on 7-3-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
So our court system finds this a waste of time (confirming the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES) and refuses to hear the case, BUT they will take the case of 16 illegal aliens that sue an American for protecting his land....and then allow the aliens to get money out of it.

Our court system is a joke, and most judges are retards...and this judge IMO should be kicked off the bench and in the teeth....of course it looks like his mouth is to full of Obama to get to him.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I just don't think the people who post, that are defending Obama really care. I will even bet they feel he is not a natural born citizen based on the facts presented as well, It just shows how patriotic you all are! You should be ashamed. You do not deserve to be in the land of the free!

[edit on 7-3-2009 by xyankee]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I dont believe it is fake. He was born in Hawaii, (a state of the US) so he is a natural born citizen, his mother and grandparents are natural born citizens, his father was not.

He does not need to show his birth certificate (long form) to every person in the US. He needed to show it to the officials making the decision as to whether the complaint had merit. He did, it didnt, its over.

I didnt vote for Obama, I voted the Constitution Party. So I am not a rabid Obama supporter. There just isnt any merit to this complaint. Its petty, silly, and unsupported, and the Judge ruled it as such.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
So our court system finds this a waste of time (confirming the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES) and refuses to hear the case, BUT they will take the case of 16 illegal aliens that sue an American for protecting his land....and then allow the aliens to get money out of it.

Our court system is a joke, and most judges are retards...and this judge IMO should be kicked off the bench and in the teeth....of course it looks like his mouth is to full of Obama to get to him.

rcwj, Was this the same judge?

As for your perspective of judges, could this be because you are Law Enforcement? I mean, I realize that there might be a little animosity between LEOs and Judges just due to the nature of the work, and was wondering if this informs your negative perspective of judges at all.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
rcwj, Was this the same judge?

As for your perspective of judges, could this be because you are Law Enforcement? I mean, I realize that there might be a little animosity between LEOs and Judges just due to the nature of the work, and was wondering if this informs your negative perspective of judges at all.

Not sure if it was,

And yes I admit some of my opinion stems from watching judges FIRST HAND be in the pockets of the rich and powerful, watching judges use personal bias on the bench and NOT doing what they are supposed to because they don't wanna step on toes. They will hear cases that are complete crap (like the mcdonalds hot coffee retard, or the douchbag who sued for being shot burglarizing someones home) and say its worth it, and allow THOUSANDS and MILLIONS of tax payer dollars to be WASTED...yet they won't even consider the TRULY important stuff...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join