It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drop the DOW Now!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Why drop the Dow? It's pretty diverse, and has been within just a few percentage points of the other indexes. I think it's really stupid for someone to say it needs to go away, I bet the person who wants it to go away can't even name the 30 stocks in the index
What a joke. If you want reason, get rid of mark to market, repeal the bankruptcy revision law passed by the Bush administration, get rid of Sarbanes-Oxley, cut government spending and stop electing government officials that don't give two #s about the American people, or it's Constitution.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The markets are a tool to obfuscate revenue flow. That, and gambling thrills for the owners.

Which index one chooses to use to pass judgment on market performance is simply playing the house's game. I won't buy into the wealth paradigm of 'brokers'.

But then, if you're inclined to view the market as 'the land of opportunity' you have to question whether it is, in fact, free.

I'm just a layman, so I don't know which index is best to use. But with US $54 Trillion in 'imagination land' (lost derivatives) and the knowledge that stock ratings and evaluations are subject to 'broker' manipulation (with no consequence) I don't trust any of it. Seems to me like there is a gigantic winner in all this... and all we can argue about is how to restore our economy to continue feeding it/him/her.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Maxmars]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join