It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

single and looking on ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I must agree with TIM3Lord... unlike another thread subject... I think it was a guy giving advice on how to get "HOT" women, I think TiM3Lord has gone about this in a mature and articulate way.

He hasn't come across sleazy or troll like at all. And he has labled his thread single and looking... so if you're not single then prehaps this is not the thread for you, but for those who are single and interested in making friends on ATS, and perhaps more if two people are interested.

I see no harm in it at all. As long as it doesn't turn into a meat market, that really turns me off.

I really like whitewave's suggestion... it needs to be carefully monitored that people are not stalked and have to leave ATS/BTS because of this. Perhaps TiM3Lord can speak to the admin staff and arrange something to that affect. Or perhaps a whole new forum.

MW31

[edit on 7-3-2009 by misswanderer31]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Probably won't get many women willing to declare themselves available on here.. or even admit to being women. I'm sure the OP's motives are sincere but the other day someone posted about how he thought a husband stabbing a wife to death and then shooting the divorce judge that morally justified.

What a catch! such views are quite common here.

Yes ATS probably does have a higher ratio of attractive, intelligent, talented and successful people here.

but it's also chockers with nutcases, stalkers and extremists. oh and celebrities.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by riley]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
does anybody know which mod i should contact about this? im not that computer savvy and ATS isnt the most intuitive forum in the world. sometimes i suspect its intricate complexity has been engineered on purpose to only allow access to the truly curious. anyway thats another post.

yeah so any mods monitoring this thread please feel free to offer any suggestions

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by misswanderer31

oh and thanks for the support misswanderer31, i dont know why people get so caught in the negative.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Hey, it's no problem... I think you would have had a different reaction if your thread title was "Hey Hot Chicks - U2U! me NoW!

I call it as I see it...

MW31

[edit on 8-3-2009 by misswanderer31]

[edit on 8-3-2009 by misswanderer31]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
reply to post by orange-light

look to be honest i dont blame women for being so shallow and simple. their whole lives they are conditioned by parents and peers that they have to look and think a certain way to get the man of their dreams. its the special ones with the strength of character to break away from the mold that interest me.

i won.t blame them either timelord
it is the system - educational and parents - kind of tradition - we are very lucky to be able to go to school and universtity
- which makes most women what they are - and most men.

what i blame is the lack of tolerance.
if a woman wants to have blonde hair to attract many men, fine, it is pretty fine. but she shouldn.t expect it from every other woman as well!

chat sites:
it is sometimes great to hear that some people really met their sweethearts in chatrooms or via dating sites, as well as in a club or at a bar.
i tried it as well.

you should suppose that a dating site is a kind of secure haven and you should be albe to write to a girl or boy whom.s profile you like.
but there are many people who think if they write just a simple "hello" it will be the burner of the day! - actually i later refused to reply to such mails.
i prefer a conversation, which contains of more than one word. due to T&C i can.t quote of the two or three word opening mails

those are meat markets, timelord, you are so right

usually the best places to find a parnter are where you work or where you are going to share a hobby - in this case ATS is as perfect as your local sports club .
if you are really interested in intellegent conversations - i guess ATS is much better than the sportsclub.

contacting mods

the mods on duty for this forum are
kosmicjack
khunmoon
gallopinghordes

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by orange-light
i prefer a conversation, which contains of more than one word.

Like.?
"You,me and a broom cupboard of your choice"

(Runs out of thread before getting slapped)

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

nice try agent
pretty nice try

your runnng away proves that you absolutly know what.s wrong with that!

[rant]

arrrg
some men are so simple

[/rant]

and i guess - from your picture - you are not that tennisplayer boris becker, who seems to prefer a broom cupboard

so next try?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Haha,no I get claustrophobic in broom cupboards.
Wasn't there a 'worst chat up-line' thread around somewhere?
I'm no good at them..

"My dog's got no nose er..emm......" < See!! Hopeless..

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

than you shouldn.t suggest it

i guess everybody of us could contribute to the "worst-chatroom-lines" thread
nope i don.t want to do more researches on that topic, it upsets me

btw. a friend told me that being a girl i can.t expect to be addressed by a guy, because the common modern guy is far to shy to address a girl.
but girls want to be addressed, is that really wrong?

what do you think? how do you deal with that topic?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Your friend is right.
It's a big step to go up to a girl and attempt to start a conversation,hence the development (or not) of the 'chat up line'

You're putting your whole 'male ego' thing on the line and obviously fear rejection,so try to turn it 'humorous'..

You did say 'addressing'?

If you meant 'undressing'..then I've forgotten how that goes

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by misswanderer31

I think you would have had a different reaction if your thread title was "Hey Hot Chicks - U2U! me NoW!

MW31

yeah exactly, i think some people just fly off the handle and shoot from the hip with pre conceived notions without taking the time to LOOK at whats actually going on.

Anyway i have sent a U2U to Springer and am awaiting his reply.

so misswanderer where are you from?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

yup you are right i said: "addressing"
and that doen.t mean "come over and take your clothes off" no no
not in public

but agent how shall it work?
do you expect the girl to come over and start a chat?
and if it is so, why do so few guys respond in chatlines, do they think "oh i am that popular that the girls start a conversation so i don.t have to reply"

very confusing stuff.

all my relationships have been started by me, by addressing the guy in someway.
i just wish it a bit different now, is that too much?

*walks silently out of thread not to disturb timelord and misswanderer*

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by orange-light
reply to post by AGENT_T

*walks silently out of thread not to disturb timelord and misswanderer*

LOL cant a guy be nice without it having some ulterior motive?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Im in NZ and you?

just so it's not a one liner...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Melbourne Oz not THAT far lmao, what part of NZ north or south? i hear its nice over there good for extreme sports.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I'm in the south island. The best part of NZ. Where most of LOTR was filmed. All the mountains and a lot of the battle scenes were filmed down here....

I haven't been to Australia... funny that...

Yeah theres a lot to do down in the South Island, Skiing, Hiking etc etc... A lot of out door stuff to do...

Hows the weather over that side of the ditch???

MW31

[edit on 9-3-2009 by misswanderer31]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

i don.t want to question your motives

just don.t want to disturb

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

ahhh cool to hear about the LOTR movies. i hear some of the sets are still there and its a tourist attraction now. weather over her is pretty strange Melbourne has always been a bit fickle with the seasons. we had an Earthquake here on Friday. thats really strange because as far as i know Melbourne isnt on any fault lines.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Even though my New Years resolution was to find a girlfriend it hasn't happened. I might as well get used to the single, boring and depressing life huh? Good luck and maybe you are luckier than I am.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join