It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Betty and Barney Hill hoaxers?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I'm not completely versed in every single aspect of the Betty and Barney Hill case, but I know enough to believe that what they said was real. In particular the star map.

Well, this website calls them both hoaxers:

Betty Hill - www.nndb.com...
Barney Hill - www.nndb.com...

Is there any truth to the "hoaxer" accusation or any evidence to support that they hoaxed and made up their stories? There's too much detail for me to believe they're hoaxers.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Im familiar with the story of the Hill's and do think that its a valid case. The site you linked doesn't go into any sort of explanation or proof that their story was a hoax so....

Im to lazy to look it up on google right now so if anyone else can shed some light that would be great.

Also that site looks pretty dubious itself.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The story may be true, but I have some serious doubts about the star map. Most of us have a hard enough time remembering a phone number--but a star map based on what was it 10-15 stars and their brightness? Plus the aliens aren't exactly Olympic gold medal truth tellers.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Ive seen the original star map she drew. Im curious if any astronomer has been able to match the map she drew to actual star positions.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The Star Map she drew sold me on it, she had stars in that map that were not discovered at that time, BUT were later discovered!

How can you explain that? luck? I don't think so.

That one piece of the story can't be over-looked.

It's like the Patterson footage of Abduction cases, can't be debunked.

Oh and QBsneak, they did it on UFO hunters, the stars in her map exist.

[edit on 3/7/2009 by Shakezoola]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Cool, good to know. I don't watch a lot of TV so I miss out on a lot of good show apparently.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shakezoola

Oh and QBsneak, they did it on UFO hunters, the stars in her map exist.
[edit on 3/7/2009 by Shakezoola]

yeah but that show (UFO Hunters) wants you to believe in UFO's, even if there's very little evidence. Anything they say I would take 'it' with a grain of salt.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by imitator

Well yea, agreed, but I also seen it other places as well.

We all know the Bill on that show is a UFO nutcase.

Just look it up.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Just so everyone is aware, NNDB is owned by and operated as part of the Rotten.com network of sites. Hardly a credible source of information, so I doubt most that would stumble on those summaries would take them too seriously.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Magnivea]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
She drew the map under hypnosis. That explains the accuracy of sketch.

Betties sketch;

Actual star map of Zeta Reticuli;

The map itself was studied when she first drew it and no correlation could be found to known stars. Later on an elementary school teacher became interested in the map and after trying thousands of different stars she found that the map matched to the star system of Zeta Reticuli. There were 3 stars on her map that were undiscovered until 1969, 8 years after the map was drawn.

Zeta Reticuli is a binary star system with 2 stars that are very similar to ours. It is located 35 light years away and is 1-3 billion years older then our solar system.

Zeta Reticuli also rears its head in the infamous "Serpo" case and Bob Lazar stated that the alien craft he worked on came from there as well.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Tiloke]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
the thing about the starmap is of course this: There is quite a bunch of stars in the sky. (Its daytime here right now, or else i would go out and count them, to give you guys a number wich is more exact, than quite a bunch)

Anyway because there are so many of them you will find a pretty close match to *any* combination of dots you put on a piece of paper.
As for the picture with the red lines: what are those red lines meant to represent? the shipping lanes of the hills map? ... well duh, no wonder they match up so well. Remove those and you got dots, who are almost but not quite in the same postition as other dots. (not to mention that the match iirc was done with finding a viewpoint wich matches it. Add a variable viewpoint and I would be suprised if you managed to come up with a group of dots wich you can't find in the sky)

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shakezoola
The Star Map she drew sold me on it, she had stars in that map that were not discovered at that time, BUT were later discovered!

It's one of the things that sold me also. I think the star map she drew wan't found in our sky until several years later and is explained a little here:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by debunky
the thing about the starmap is of course this: There is quite a bunch of stars in the sky. (Its daytime here right now, or else i would go out and count them, to give you guys a number wich is more exact, than quite a bunch)

Are you being serious?

Anyway because there are so many of them you will find a pretty close match to *any* combination of dots you put on a piece of paper.

That's like saying that if I draw a finger print then somebody on the planet must have that fingerprint because there are billions of people.

As for the picture with the red lines: what are those red lines meant to represent? the shipping lanes of the hills map? ... well duh, no wonder they match up so well

The red lines are there to help people identify the star points with those on Betties map and to more easily compare the 2, duh. (See how stupid it is to put "duh" in your post?)

Remove those and you got dots, who are almost but not quite in the same postition as other dots. (not to mention that the match iirc was done with finding a viewpoint wich matches it. Add a variable viewpoint and I would be suprised if you managed to come up with a group of dots wich you can't find in the sky)

WRONG. The map was studied by many different astrologists after it was drawn and NO CORRELATION could be found until those 3 stars were discovered. There is one and only one place this map matches the locations of stars and you want us to think it's a coincidence that it's a close system with a star that is similar to ours.

Well, Mr. master of the odds, what are the odds that the star system that does match is one of the closest systems to us and that it would have a star like ours? What are the odds that she would draw a map of something that precisely pinpoints the location of 3 undiscovered stars?

Also, spelling and punctuation only help you make your point, why ignore them?

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Tiloke]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Another thing that is very interesting about the Betty/Barney Hill case is that Zeta Reticuli is really only visible in the Southern Hemisphere, and the Hills were in North America. Niether had ever been south of the equator.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Another thing that is very interesting about the Betty/Barney Hill case is that Zeta Reticuli is really only visible in the Southern Hemisphere, and the Hills were in North America. Niether had ever been south of the equator.

Now that's something I didn't know and does make it that much more interesting.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Even though I do not really believe in many of the abduction cases this one has always seemed more believable than most.
The way it all unfolded makes sense for someone wanting to study a native of this planet.
Isolate and track a car in a remote area for awhile,set up a roadblock and then take them onboard.The fact that Betty did make the star map drawing which at the time was of an unknown system gives it more credence.
The whole thing almost seems like the way we would do this if we were wanting to exam someone on another planet.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
A phone # is one thing, to be abducted & given a star map by Aliens is something one's not likely to forget no?

quote]Originally posted by Atomic
The story may be true, but I have some serious doubts about the star map. Most of us have a hard enough time remembering a phone number--but a star map based on what was it 10-15 stars and their brightness? Plus the aliens aren't exactly Olympic gold medal truth tellers.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Also in the movie 'Alien' by ridley scott, when the crew comes out of hypersleep too soon they are near and mention Zeta 2 Reticuli by name, I thought that was a nice touch

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakezoola

I don't know that the show necessarily wants you to believe in UFO's itself, but Bill certainly does. I never liked that guy from the beginning, he seems not very intelligent and he always is trying to "color" things his way. It seems like the way he asks questions even is leading. Then even if the other 2 in the show completely think that it could very well just be a military plane, he always has his...ya...but...

I know for certain Pat Uskert believes in UFO's, not sure about Dr. Acworth's beliefs there, but they seem to be able to take evidence at face value and if it doesn't point to a UFO then so be it. But to me it always seems like Bill wants everyone to believe everything is a UFO, no matter the evidence.

The Hill story is pretty hard to believe, which it should be, its pretty outlandish. Yet, there are some things that just make you wonder...such as the star map.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I've never thought of the Hill case as a hoax. ET abductions leave little to no evidence behind so believability isn't exactly big to begin with. Its more a matter of if you find them credible or not. I found the Hill's credible. I do not think either wanted or got much fame or fortune from the case unlike others who may try to cash in on the subject.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join