It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's connections and now a possible connection to controlled demo consulting and planning company

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I am impressed with your knowledge of history, things I would never know.

Thank you.

...But with you knowledge, what is your solution? Is there one?

The solution is, terrorist ideology has to be dealt with. We have to get at the minds of potential terrorist who are currently being misled by those who seek to spread their own brand of ideology on the rest of the world. For an example, many recruits of ISIS have now become disillusioned.

ISIS Defectors Reveal Disillusionment

LONDON — A small but growing number of defectors from the Islamic State are risking reprisals and imprisonment to speak out about their disillusionment with the extremist group, according to a research organization that tracks former and current militants.

The Islamic State considers defectors as apostates, and most of the hundreds thought to have left the group have gone into hiding.

But 58 defectors, nine of them from Western Europe and Australia, have gone public with their testimonies since last year, according to a report to be published Monday by the International Center for the Study for Radicalization at King’s College London.

According to the report, some of the defectors said they disapproved of the Islamic State’s hostility to other Sunni rebel groups that opposed President Bashar al-Assad in Syria, and its indiscriminate killings of civilians and hostages. Others grew weary of what they saw as favoritism and mistreatment by commanders, or were disappointed that the life of a militant was far less exciting, or lucrative, than they had imagined. Two left after they found out that they had been selected as suicide bombers.

The researchers urged governments to give defectors more incentives to speak out so that their narratives could be used to dissuade potential recruits. The 58 defectors, seven of them women, spoke on separate occasions to various news organizations, including The New York Times, and the report compiles their testimony while providing context and analysis.

www.nytimes.com...

Black operations, in conjunction with psychological warfare (PSYWAR), and psychological operations (PSYOP), can be used to destabilize governments and even Middle Eastern schools of terrorism without firing a shot. However, dealing with terrorist leaders and hardliners is another thing because they cannot be easily converted. The 'War on Terror' is going to be a long war, but I do see a positive outcome.

There are those who think that 9/11 was an inside job, but nothing can be further from the truth. The United States would never kill thousands of its own citizens as an excuse to go to war. After all, the U.S. didn't go to war as terrorist bombed a number of American assets around the world. The North Koreans' shot down our EC-121 over international waters and we didn't go to war. The North Koreans hijacked the USS Pueblo in international waters, but we didn't go to war. Libya bombed Pan Am 103 out of the sky, but we didn't go to war. Terrorist hijacked American airliners in the Middle East, but we didn't go to war. However, we did go to war in Vietnam and there is more to that story as to why. Now, Vietnam is a friend of the United States and he Pentagon announced recently the U.S. will provide Vietnam $18 million to buy new vessels for its coast guard.

There are many cases where Middle Eastern terrorist attacked American interest, but the U.S. didn't go to war and for 9/11 conspiracy theorist to claim that 9/11 was an excuse for Bush to go to war is incorrect and false.

edit on 2-12-2015 by skyeagle409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: skyeagle409

Yes, even I can see that this is going to last longer than I will. Which makes me feel very sad, after other events of the day. I like the changing heart approach. I am a fan of treating others as you would want to be treated. That is all I can do. Thank you for you thought provoking comments.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: skyeagle409
a reply to: wildb

What profits? The wars in Afghanistan and iraq will eventually cost the United States trillions of dollars.

US Wars in Afghanistan, Iraq to Cost $6 trillion

The cost of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan could reach as high as $6 trillion dollars – or $75,000 for every household in America – a new study from Harvard University has found.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

That doesn't sound like a good profit margin by anyone's standards.

The profits are for the US MIC arms makers, Dick Cheney's god friends

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Thank you, things like that get by some people.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Yes, even I can see that this is going to last longer than I will. Which makes me feel very sad, after other events of the day. I like the changing heart approach. I am a fan of treating others as you would want to be treated. That is all I can do.

I like that approach, but we did have a problem in Somalia as we assisted in aid relief. Joseph Stalin tried that approach with Hitler, but Hitler later turned on Stalin under 'Operation Barbarossa.'

We have to change what drives terrorist to become suicidal international terrorist in the first place. One only has to look at terrorism in Iraq, Libya, Syria, Egypt, the West Bank, Lebanon, Israel, Africa, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Indonesia, Mindanao, Philippines, India, Iran, France, Belgium, Germany and Turkey.

Despite turmoil in the present world, I do see a positive outcome in the near-future. After all, just 200 years ago, blacks were slaves and under constant attack by 'KKK' terrorist in the United States, but now, the President of the United States is a black man. The head of NASA is a black man. A group of black fighter pilots, known as the Tuskegee Airmen, were instrumental in ending the war in Europe despite a 1925, U.S. Army report that claimed that blacks were unfit for war.

Japan was once our mortal enemy, but after the war, General Douglas MacArthur, who was ejected out of the Philippines by the Japanese, would place Japan on the right road that would eventually result in Japan becoming an economic world power that it is today. We fought Germany during World War II, but after the war, the U.S. supported Berlin via the "Berlin Airlift" during the Soviet blockade of that city. How many people know that a detachment of the German Air Force is based in New Mexico?

German Air Force Training Center, Holloman AFB, New Mexico

The German Air Force has been training its aircrews in the United States since 1958. This training took place on various bases throughout the states before it was moved to Holloman Air Force Base, NM, in 1992.

www.holloman.af.mil...

So yes, I do see an eventual positive outcome in the 'War on Terror', but it will take some time before that positive outcome is achieved and as history has shown, enemies of the past can become friends in the future. In addition, I saw no evidence of a 9/11 conspiracy when worldwide terrorism was in plain sight. As far-fetched as it seems today, I do see a decline in Middle Eastern terrorism in the future.

Thank you for you thought provoking comments.

You are welcome!

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Let's take a look here.

10 Most Notorious Arms Dealers in Modern History

The arms industry is a truly global phenomenon. Guns, ammunition and other larger weaponry mean big business all over the world, and where there’s money to be made there will always be a corrupt or criminal element looking to capitalize on the market. The following men were or are masters at the gun game — shady figures who have traveled far and wide trafficking and distributing arms for cold hard cash while attempting to stay one step ahead of the authorities and their business rivals. What follows are the ten most notorious arms dealers in modern history.

www.businesspundit.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Who are the producers?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

"Despite turmoil in the present world, I do see a positive outcome in the near-future. After all, just 200 years ago, blacks were slaves and under constant attack by 'KKK' terrorist in the United States, but now, the President of the United States is a black man."

After the events of today, I do not believe we have that much time. Slaves were not mass murderers.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

The following is a list of arms exporters.

1. USA
2. Russia
3. Germany
4. China
5. France
6. United Kingdom
7. Spain
8. Ukraine
9. Italy
10. Israel
11. Sweden
12. Netherlands
13. South Korea
14. Switzerland
15. Canada
16. Belarus
17. Norway
18. South Africa
19. Uzbekistan
20. Australia

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

After the events of today, I do not believe we have that much time.

That is why we must not become passive toward terrorism, whether domestic or internationally, otherwise, our time will be much shorter than one would think.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
911 is just like the JFK, Jr. assassination. 14 years later and we still debate reality.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

I did some research on this to find out which company was the biggest arms producer. Anyway, I have concluded it is hopeless. With all that money to be made, we are and will be a warrior society. A real eye opener. What does world care what grandmothers think.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

After all, just 200 years ago, blacks were slaves and under constant attack by 'KKK' terrorist in the United States, but now, the President of the United States is a black man."

Actually the modern KKK is exactly 100 years old. They did have one group in the mid 1800's but it died out.
Many blacks are disillusioned with Obama. Many thought by voting him in they would get special rights and additional free money from the government.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: samkent

I think that is a terrible thing to say. How can anyone expect "special rights" when all of us have given away constitutional rights? I would like to know where all this "free money" is going. There are multiple tent cities in Seattle, beggars everywhere, people dying from lack of medical care.

The heart of the KKK lives in hearts. I come from a long line of southern racists. Left home when I was 16 because they were mean.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

did some research on this to find out which company was the biggest arms producer. Anyway, I have concluded it is hopeless. With all that money to be made, we are and will be a warrior society. A real eye opener. What does world care what grandmothers think.

I understand how you feel and can remember heading off to Vietnam as my mother watched with tears in her eyes and I almost lost my son in Iraq from a roadside bomb. It took months before he recovered.

The world is much different from the time I grew up. During that time, we could walk from the street outside an airport terminal and straight to the boarding gate without going through security.

Prior to the 9/11 attack (August 2001), I was heading back to San Francisco from the Philippines and I had to go through multiple checkpoints at the airport in Manila just to reach the boarding gate and I also remembered asking why was this level of security was not in place at U.S. airports. Less than one month later, Osama bin Laden attacked America and things have never been the same, but at least, we now have a higher level of security at U.S. airports.

We now find ourselves living in a new world where we cannot afford to overlook our security preparedness. The 'War on Terror' is an unconventional war of black ops, psychological warfare, drones, satellites, and other means currently in use in support of that war, some of which would have been considered something out of science fiction just a couple of decades ago.

Other than aircraft operating in the Middle East, we have certain combat crews attacking targets in the Middle East as well, but those same crews are not in the Middle East, they are attacking Middle Eastern targets while sitting behind computer monitors here in the United States.

US drone pilots reveal how they target insurgents

Colonel D Scott Brenton kills insurgents in Afghanistan from an office 7,000 miles away in suburban Syracuse, New York.

Contrary to popular belief, though, the US Air Force officer says piloting a remote-controlled drone gives him a dramatically more intimate connection with his targets than he ever had when he was piloting an F-16 fighter plane and dropping guided bombs from 20,000 feet.

www.sundaytimes.lk...

This type of unconventional warfare continues to evolve and new weapons are being developed to disable the enemy rather than killing them and I might add that robots are saving many lives on the battlefield.

The development of new technology that involves the use of robots, drones and certain electronic means is a way to place such assets in the line of danger on the battlefield rather than risk human lives, and that cost a lot of money. I was amazed at what has been developed over the years, including night vision googles that are so sensitive that you can see the shadow of power lines on the ground on a moonless night, and now, laser weapons have been developed and the Navy has began installing such weapons on their ships.

Naval Laser Weapon

We are even developing new types of unmanned attack aircraft that will also save lives in the future.

Unmanned Attack Aircraft

In other words, we now find ourselves in a very unconventional worldwide war on terror, whereas, we are developing new advanced, exotic technologies that will take the place of humans on the battlefield, hence, saving many lives in the process. However, such advanced technology have valuable uses that can save lives within the civilian world as well. I have worked in the defense world for the Air Force, Navy, Army and with defense contractors for well over 40 years and understand the danger facing us today.

In this new day and age of worldwide terrorism, I have to say that we have no choice but to confront those whose intent is to destroy us and our way of life. I am realistic that the war will take some time, but on the same note, I do see a positive outcome.

edit on 3-12-2015 by skyeagle409 because: (no reason given)

(post by anti72 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join