It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug warrants net 17 arrests in Oklahoma City, Lawton

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The many callous remarks, insults and innuendo made by posters on this thread have convinced me of one thing: I will never post another story about anything on ATS.

Some people accuse me of lying because they don't want to believe what I say. I talked to an agent at OBN today who confims that it happened just like I said it did, and that they did nothing wrong. They did not have to read or give my wife a warrant and were legally correct in entering by having an arrest warrant that they did not have to show. Had no one been home, they could have kicked the door down and still not have violated my "rights." Had that happened, my 170 pound Pitbull would have attacked them and been shot. Also my ADT security system would have called the police. Ha. It could have been worse since my wife had time to put our dog into his inside cage.

The OBN agent told me that it is the county District Attorney's office that prepares the warrants, so my grievence is with them. This very polite OBN agent and I had a nice talk and I won't be suing anyone for anything, not that I could win anyway. It's a shame that armed invasions can be legal against innocent people for any reason. I may yet run this one by the A.C.L.U. for their thoughts.

Again, in light of all of the totally unnecessary petty, vicious and slanderous remarks against me, I have no further comment and consider this thread closed. I appreciate those of you that understood my anger and my position in this matter.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAvenger
The many callous remarks, insults and innuendo made by posters on this thread have convinced me of one thing: I will never post another story about anything on ATS.

Some people accuse me of lying because they don't want to believe what I say. I talked to an agent at OBN today who confims that it happened just like I said it did, and that they did nothing wrong. They did not have to read or give my wife a warrant and were legally correct in entering by having an arrest warrant that they did not have to show. Had no one been home, they could have kicked the door down and still not have violated my "rights." Had that happened, my 170 pound Pitbull would have attacked them and been shot. Also my ADT security system would have called the police. Ha. It could have been worse since my wife had time to put our dog into his inside cage.

The OBN agent told me that it is the county District Attorney's office that prepares the warrants, so my grievence is with them. This very polite OBN agent and I had a nice talk and I won't be suing anyone for anything, not that I could win anyway. It's a shame that armed invasions can be legal against innocent people for any reason. I may yet run this one by the A.C.L.U. for their thoughts.

Again, in light of all of the totally unnecessary petty, vicious and slanderous remarks against me, I have no further comment and consider this thread closed. I appreciate those of you that understood my anger and my position in this matter.

Dude, you made claims that are clearly false in the video you posted, what did you expect? You claimed they were banging down the door, but the video shows them simply knocking. You came here because you thought everyone hates authority and thus, everyone would be on your side. That didn't happen so now you are crying and saying "I'm going home." Sorry but you will get and deserve no sympathy.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I doubt that they were looking for your nephew, I'm sure they were well aware that he was in custody. Sounds like they just wanted an excuse to see the inside of your house dude. They did do a "room to room sweep" to clear it right???...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

He's upset becuse the cowboys that call themselves police didn't do any sort of due diligence before their raid. If they performed their jobs they would have found out before the raid that the person was already incarcerated.

It just shows a lack of intelligence on the part of the police.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Come to think of it. If it were me, I'd do my own search of the house to make sure they didn't 'drop off' any 'evidence' for future use.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Somebody would have been shot, accidently of course.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I don't remember an arrest warrant as permission to enter...a household..
That is what a SEARCH warrant is for.....correct me if you will?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

reply to post by jd140

No search warrant was presented or even asked for. They bullied their way in and did what they did. They did not leave as much as a business card, much less a search warrant. My attorney says they can can do so if they had an arrest warrant at my address. I am not claiming an illegal search; I am claiming cop stupidity in looking to arrest someone they have had for months and totally unnecessary terror tactics against an innocent citizen.

[edit on 3/7/2009 by TheAvenger]

I'm not seeing any bullying in that video. I saw a warrent handed off and them entering and then leaving. You are over exaggerating and that leads me to believe you are lying about the rest of the story.

I agree that the OP is totally blowing things out of context.....I too, see the police showing a warrant after KNOCKING patiently on the door...they didnt kick in the door, they do NOT push it in and bully over anyone.....they POLITELY stepped to the side of whoever 'let them in'......and no jackboots on a single one of them.
Over & over the OP is making mountains out of clearly LEGAL molehills....we can see all of this for ourself in the video and I am calling BULLOCKS at the OP for posting lies & trying to get folks all riled up his fraudulent claims I think are clearly against T&C....
You will NOT knowingly post things that are false and misleading.....
Yet that is exactly what the OP is doing here, hoping folks won't pay as much attention to what they can clearly see with their own eyes, and just go with him on his overblown off the charts exaggerating post...

If they had not been housing their criminal nephew at SOME point the police would never have any reason to even want to bother them at all.....police only search for people at their KNOWN ADDRESSES, and not the different addresses of all people related to the person.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkpraetorian

Originally posted by Darkpraetorian
I'm sure they were well aware that he was in custody. They did do a "room to room sweep" to clear it right???...

BINGO!!! They were on a fishing expedition. Why didn't I think of that, there's no way in hell that they were so stupid that they didn't know the nephew was in custody. It was an ruse to skirt around the Constitution and search a house for contraband, all along playing dumb - thus no civil rights violation.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Some people accuse me of lying because they don't want to believe what I say.

YOU DID LIE, YOU GOT CAUGHT, MAN UP and STOP this BS!!!! I would be pleased if you would NOT post on ATS again. When you come on here, post a video and OUTRIGHT LIE about what happened because you wanted sympathy, stars, and points from fellow cop haters, thats pretty sad. Whats even worse is those with the IQ's here actually stared your outright lies because they are just like you.

You bashed cops, called them names, lied about what they did, etc...and that was SUPPOSED to be ok....but the minute YOUR ridiculed then its wrong, and makes you NOT want to post here again...what are you 12!

Originally posted by SpacePunk
He's upset becuse the cowboys that call themselves police didn't do any sort of due diligence before their raid. If they performed their jobs they would have found out before the raid that the person was already incarcerated.

It just shows a lack of intelligence on the part of the police.

Lack of intelligence, read some of your posts, you might not want to throw stones to hard there bud. I agree they messed up, not denying that, but let me guess YOU have NEVER "screwed up"?

Originally posted by BostonTea
Somebody would have been shot, accidently of course.

Yeah I can see your going to contribute to ATS in such a good way!

Originally posted by antmax21
I don't remember an arrest warrant as permission to enter...a household..
That is what a SEARCH warrant is for.....correct me if you will?

Yes it is. An "arrest warrant" IS permission to enter a home WITHOUT consent if its at the address thats on the warrant. That address comes from, guess who, the suspect/fugative. So either the nephew was living there and selling the drugs from this house OR when the warrant was issued that was the residence on file given by the nephew.

A "search warrant" works the same way. You have to have PC to get it from the judge, then you can list ONE address on the warrant, and that address is either the place of residence, or an address that was at some point provided by the suspect.

There are a TON of myths out there about a lot of things we do. Just like MOST people actually believe that whenever they are arrested they HAVE to have their Miranda Rights read to them, which just isn't the case.

Originally posted by verylowfrequency

BINGO!!! They were on a fishing expedition. Why didn't I think of that, there's no way in hell that they were so stupid that they didn't know the nephew was in custody. It was an ruse to skirt around the Constitution and search a house for contraband, all along playing dumb - thus no civil rights violation.

Not going to agree here, and this is why. They time frame of this search was VERY short. Which means they checked all common areas where a PERSON could of been hiding. They weren't opening drawers, shoe boxes, lifting the back of the toilet tanks, opening the sugar jars, etc. NOR were they allowed to on an arrest warrant.

Now I will agree that while in the house, and with the nephew being a dope dealer, they did do a PLAIN VIEW search as they looked for him to see if any dope was laying around on top of dressers, tables, etc. But don't go blowing this out of context like mr avenger.

[edit on 3/9/2009 by rcwj75]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Much more eloquently stated than I was able to come up with.....

BINGO for you RCWJ...........spot on.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
The problem I have with this is just how many man-hours were put into this operation? My low-ball guesstimate would be at least 3 hours per man and how many were there carrying out this raid on such a desparado? It's way past time the law concentrates on real crime and leave the gardners alone.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
Why do Americans assume they have any rights at all?! Your "Freedom" is an ever changing phenomenon. It just so happens that freedom is low man on the totem pole at this time. What to do?

That's what you get when the Constitution goes from being a written contract to a "living breathing document."

Changing the Constitution though any other means than Article V is insurrection or tyranny. In both insurrection and tyranny, the Second Amendment applies.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAvenger

Seems to me that the cops are doing anything they can to make money to save their asses from being shut down due to a lack of state funds. You need to take a copy of this to your lawyer and make an ass load of money off these PIGS. They've no rights going into your home like that. No Warrant!?!? Nazi's indeed... These PIGS needs to be put in their place. I say 5 million per PIG that invaded your home and Jail time. They also need to be kicked off the force.
Seeing stuff like this really pisses me off. That's why I left the country. Not worth living there anymore.
The sad part is that this will be an increasingly common occurrence. The PIGS will take what they can, when they can. They know you don't have the money to pursue this in court. Soon it will be war in the streets with them. The people will start killing them off when they start crossing that line once too often.
This is just the beginning..

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoPardus70
Seeing stuff like this really pisses me off. That's why I left the country. Not worth living there anymore.

Well besides you being blind and obviously DIDN'T watch the video..or did and well, I won't comment...there is ONE good peice that comes from your response. I highlighted it....one less to deal with.

[edit on 3/14/2009 by rcwj75]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join