It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug warrants net 17 arrests in Oklahoma City, Lawton

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I find this whole thread rather... infuriating to say the least for several accounts.

Firstly, this is obviously a topic of emotion for a number of people and I would like to ask some people to PLEASE settle down and keep things calm

Secondly, I am sorry for TheAvenger, but I do have to agree with the nae-sayers. There really does not seem to be any jackboot trooper activity going on here... at all; and they really do appear to have a valid warrant ( or, what ARE those papers the guy is showing.. Sports Illustrated cover pages?? ) They appear to act very civily from the moment the cars pull up until the time they leave.
But, apart from that I would like to raise an important issue that I think people should consider...
When the streets are full of crime activety, people scream "Where are the police?.. Why arn't they doing anything?".. well, here you have a case of the police atleast TRYING to clean up your streets.. they make ONE mistake and all hell is to break loose because of it??

Please remember, the police ARE people too.. yes, thats right! They too have family, loved ones.. and are US citizens who in general, just want whats right for everyone.

I live on the opposite side of the world, and I guess I see something different to alot of you 'locals' to this forum... but really, where would society be without the police?... Sometimes I think the 'conspiracy' aspect of things here keep people from thinking rationally... and it feeds a 'They're ALL OUT TO GET US' mentality.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Well, then a Star is in order!

Understand, fair enough, about the hypothetical.

If the video shows something contradictary to Avenger's story, again, fair'nuff, and I'm not qualified to say, since I didn't view it. (Do you have that high-speed?)

As for cops gathering around me, I wasn't guilty! I didn't do it! "Don't taze me, bro!"
If you see me around here, you'll know I joke around alot! But, no, you're right- and I agree, guilty beware!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

what dont you understand about the guy already in jail,and the raid proceeded anyway?
i didnt say they did anything procedurally wrong, but they just should not have been there in the first place.
SO ...EVERYTHING WAS WRONG...GET IT?

stupid people with guns and badges are dangerous.and zealots are worse.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Spectre0o0]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I cant find any info, on exactly what drugs these people were involved in.
Or, how much drugs were seized?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Isn't this part of the new laws inacted by the "Patriot Act"? Cops do have way too much power and it always seems to be used for minor offences. I would be impressed if they actually did this to gangs but just regular folk's with only pot charges seems really stupid not to mention the money all that cost. DUMB

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Why dont you post a few hours of what go's on in the traffic in and out of your drive? or put a voice recorder on you for a few day's? by you having a cam setup in the first place, tell's me that you were just waiting for this to happen, but that is just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I was convicted of dealing drugs back in 99 when I was 19 and I can tell you that if you signed papers for your nephew to be paroled to your house, then you have no recourse against the search. It is in the paperwork you signed that as long as he is state property, they have the right to search the residence (your house) where he is staying.
That being said, it still sucks. I was released early due to good behaviour on a electronic monitor for a month and the stupid parole officer forgot to put a fresh battery in the anklet. Low and behold I had SERT (sheriffs emergency response team) officers in heavy duty bulletproof armor and AR-15s banging on my then girlfriend's door where I was paroled to at 3AM 2 days after my release from jail.
If you don't want it to happen again, refuse to have him paroled to your house. Otherwise it is something that you could have to deal with in the future. I learned my lesson and haven't been in trouble since.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAvenger

There are hundreds of news stories here that the MSM do not cover. These are important stories for many of the members, including this one.
The jack booted thugs do the same kind of thing in Canada.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Ruining people's lives over a few leaves is retarded. Putting people in jail for it is insane. We put non violent criminals in jail.....that's the answer to everything....how stupid.

Those cops knew your nephew was in jail. They used the situation as an excuse to check you out and as a real training practice(here's how it's done in real life boys). They are turds. They should be given 3 month suspensions and embarrassed on television(faces shown so we can all see who the turds are).

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Sorry, I find most radical Darwitt attacks on creationists offensive too, and your post about some evolutionist speaker being turned down has nothing to do with what happened to the OP.

What happened to the OP has happened to hundreds of thousands of Americans. In fact, it's coming to the point where it's more likely going to be a gang of thug cops that breaks into your home before the real criminals do. That's right people. We have more reason to fear the cops than we do the criminals. Bullies love to be feared, so they fear monger.

[edit on 7/3/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
If we are going to preserve the American way of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, acts like this must be declared a form of treason against the people of America.

I hope you got their names for future reference. Someday we may have a truly peaceful and just society run by a just government that will be hunting down these thugs in the same way the nazi thugs were hunted down.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I'm sorry this happened. I'd be thankful no one got killled.

Not that im doubting your story or anything, but is there anything you are leaving out? I'm just asking because 90 percent of the time with a story like this the OP leaves out some facts that later come out.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Ya know, much as I want to say cops are pigs, and point out how over the line they can be, I'm just not seeing it here.

I smell troll.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75

Originally posted by FRIGHTENER
UPDATE

On behalf of TheAvenger, through U2U messaging, he sent me a link to the Oklahoma Dept. of Corrections, containing his nephew's name, and D.O.C. number.

Frightner...this means nothing. This thread was nothing more then lies. He lied about how they acted, what they did, wasn't even there yet "knows" all this crap. The video actually hurt him, and proves he's full of it. The only thing that showing his nephew was actually locked up at the time of this knock and talk was that the cops screwed up by NOT calling and checking. It doesn't give TheAvenger the right to LIE and bash the cops about things that OBVIOUSLY didn't happen...and his OWN video shows that.

it does show a cops ignorance about just showing up. I understand a cops viewpoint like a criminal would lie for a criminal though.

So can we all agree and legalize the plant?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I don't understand why the Oklahoma State police can't be held liable. Your' nephew was in custody of the State, which makes the prison unit he is at his legal residence ( you write him at that unit, with his inmate number next to his name on the envelope. )

That falls under illegal search and seizure. That was not his residence, it is yours.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
Ya know, much as I want to say cops are pigs, and point out how over the line they can be, I'm just not seeing it here.

I smell troll.

I don't smell any troll here. But I am not sitting next to you. Perhaps take a shower and see if the troll smell leaves.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
All the cops owe you is an apology. They were obviosuly doing a drug raid involving many known drug sellers in the area and someone screwed up not realizing your nephew was already in jail. Nothing illegal, just an innocent mistake. They should apologize to you, you should accept it, and then move on with your life.

Had they broken down the door, rough housed your wife, damaged your goods, searched your cabinets and drawers, etc. then you would have a reason to be upset. Since they basically just did a walk through, then i think they did the job they were suppose to, except for a paperwork screw-up. You ahve already put more effort into this than it is worth.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Sounds like there was a mistake in searching the house...but the OP was full of it when it came to his description of what occurred and the video he posted proves it.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAvenger

"My nephew sold a few bags of weed to get in trouble he was in and has no history of violence. It takes a swat team-like response to try to arrest one small 20 year old kid who is already in state custody?"

Got to show some innocuous 'numbers' to attempt to validate the massive public funds allocated to keeping the System's revenue-generating beneficiaries in the Incarceration Industry operating at high-efficiency.

All the while, the main menace, the trillion-dollar State-Sponsored, International Narcotics traficking and Narco-Dollar laundering business continues unabated.

JMHO.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
As far as the nephew thing goes, they may have known full well he was, but "accidentally" screwed up because they suspected other activity there (friend of your nephew operating out of that home or something). While that does suck, the police do try to do what they do, to get drug dealers off the streets. I saw no abuse however, it looked calm and professional.

This happened to me once in a roundabout way. The FBI showed up at my place, because I lived in a spot where someone had built four flat homes pretty much side-by-side with a central area. They were surrounding my place when I was walking up to my place from work. There were certainly more than 7, and well armed MUCH more seriously than your "squad" of officers. I approached one and asked if he needed something. He asked if I lived in this home, and I told him yes I did, but they probably wanted the house next to mine, that's where a bunch of loud, obnoxious folks lived (who had actually previously cut a line to a lamppost outside to 'steal' my electricity). They were looking for a friend of theirs who was a drug dealer (apparently local cops handle if the guy is local, FBI has to handle it if the person is from out of that jurisdiction).

So they screwed up as well. Wrong home for cripes sake. But... they were professional, they quickly got the right house, and the right guy, no shots fired, no one hurt, they were apologetic to me, and I was needless to say, impressed with their professionalism. Of course, that's the FBI... not your local cops... but imo, they handled it well.

OP: What was that paperwork? Does your wife know?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I had a similar occurrence where while I was not at home an Officer came to the wrong address and tried to break in to my home. That was about 14 years ago in another State.

What worked for me was their fear of Political repercussions because when I asked for a written apology to stop me from going to the media and filing in civil court; the Officer, on audio tape told me "Everyone who lives in the country is a F___ing Criminal of some kind". In that State it was legal to tape on the phone. I knew about it from my work.

After quoting the tape to a higher up, the Officer made an apology and I got a letter of apology from the State.

My point in all of this is that it turned out to be one persons fault and nobody else in the Dept. was to blame. I would have been a hothead and wrong myself had I blamed the entire Force. Everyone cooperated and was apologetic except the Officer, who lost his job because neither I or anyone else believed him. He was on the wrong street and at a house with a different number. Nobody bought that.

Those Officers showed no sign of heavy handedness in that tape. In fact they were quite laid back. You should direct your anger at whatever entity sent them there. They were just doing their job, not knowing your Nephew was in jail.

I wonder, what did your Nephew do to cause that? Surely that did not come about for no reason? Was it about a crime he committed before going to jail? You should be very angry at him for bringing that on you. In the end it was he who caused it somehow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join