It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Israeli Satellite Photos of Columbia Breakup

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Good evening. My father in law has an e-mail (that I have not seen yet) that has images from an Israeli satellite. These images are a six image collection of the Columbia breakup. He is very technical and analytical in nature and has studied these and thinks these are legitimate. I followed the CAIB investigation and read parts of its findings document; but have not heard about these images before. I did a quick search on ATS but found nothing. I have not searched Google yet but I am curious what anyone else knows about these images. If anyone is interested in them I can e-mail them or post them on my website this week when I receive them. I won't have them until he e-mails them from his work account.




posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
hopefully he emails them soon. i'm interested in this one.



posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I can't wait till you post the pictures, so we can get the reactions from other members.



posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I am going to be soooo pissed if it has a War of the Worlds saucer Photoshopped in



posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Sorry to say but you may be disappointed. Space.com reports that the photos are fake.



One set of images making the Web rounds were purportedly taken by an Israeli spy satellite. Clearly, the pictures do not match up with the known facts, including ground video taken of Columbias fatal dive across multiple states.

Photoshop slop

According to one investigator on a NASA team studying the Columbia accident, this type of "Photoshop slop" only helps to undermine the serious work of investigators, and fuels "the conspiracy nuts out there."



posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Sorry to say but you may be disappointed. Space.com reports that the photos are fake.



One set of images making the Web rounds were purportedly taken by an Israeli spy satellite. Clearly, the pictures do not match up with the known facts, including ground video taken of Columbias fatal dive across multiple states.

Photoshop slop

According to one investigator on a NASA team studying the Columbia accident, this type of "Photoshop slop" only helps to undermine the serious work of investigators, and fuels "the conspiracy nuts out there."



Damn, afraid of that. When I heard the descriptions ("windows blown out", "engines exploding") I thought it was a photoshop fraud. But I don't dismiss until I see. Besides, I doubt such high-quality images would be released as they reveal the power of the satellite.



posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by titian
Damn, afraid of that. When I heard the descriptions ("windows blown out", "engines exploding") I thought it was a photoshop fraud. But I don't dismiss until I see. Besides, I doubt such high-quality images would be released as they reveal the power of the satellite.


Yeah, Im still interested in the photos. I would like to see them out of curiosity. Are you still going to post them?



posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   


Sorry to say but you may be disappointed. Space.com reports that the photos are fake.


Or maybe thats what they want you to believe.



posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
yeah, i still want to see those pictures!



posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I actually had the photos a while back - a friend e-mailed them to me - but have since deleted them because they where obviously fake, and it was sick that anyone made something like that up.

For those that have seen them, considering the shuttle is moving at such a phenomenal speed, it is rather unusual that it does not really change it's relative position to the Earth in the sequence - also I doubt any satellite could move to track an object travelling that fast.. - but I am not an expert so I could be wrong!!
Also the altitude of the shuttle appears to be so high, that together with the distribution of the wreckage caused by the large explosion in the images, that I would not have thought we would have seen the pattern of debris that occured.

Just my opinion anyway!!



posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
I actually had the photos a while back - a friend e-mailed them to me - but have since deleted them because they where obviously fake, and it was sick that anyone made something like that up.

For those that have seen them, considering the shuttle is moving at such a phenomenal speed, it is rather unusual that it does not really change it's relative position to the Earth in the sequence - also I doubt any satellite could move to track an object travelling that fast.. - but I am not an expert so I could be wrong!!
Also the altitude of the shuttle appears to be so high, that together with the distribution of the wreckage caused by the large explosion in the images, that I would not have thought we would have seen the pattern of debris that occured.

Just my opinion anyway!!


Oh, now I remember those pics. If they're what I remember, they are actually scenes from the movie "Armageddon"



posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
...helps to undermine the serious work of investigators, and fuels "the conspiracy nuts out there."

So, like... that's us, right?


DC



posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Here are the pictures...

www.boycottwatch.org...



posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

in the images, that I would not have thought we would have seen the pattern of debris that occured.

Just my opinion anyway!!


Oh, now I remember those pics. If they're what I remember, they are actually scenes from the movie "Armageddon"


Yeah right, that's it!! I knew they looked familiar when I first saw them!!

That explains the 'streaks' in the photos going behind and infront of the shuttle!!



posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
Here are the pictures...
www.boycottwatch.org...


OMG, That is so bad!!!



jra

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
They are definately not real. Totaly looks like something from some Hollywood movie. Just look at the size of tha fireball. Only in Hollywood do you have giant fiery explosions in space


Plus there is no way a satillite could take a pic like that. I'm sure that email was started by some kid wanting to play a sick joke.



posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
If I saw those photos I would have known it was from the movie armaggedeon, I thought it was going to be low-def pictures.



posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
If I saw those photos I would have known it was from the movie armaggedeon, I thought it was going to be low-def pictures.


that's exactly what i was expecting to... whoever made this email up should be
from life.



posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Surely not, I wouldn't have expected space.com to call that 'photoshop slop'?

Those went around the week after the Shuttle died, even then I don't think anyone fell for them. (Or rather, anyone who did, deserved to
)



posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Thanks for posting the link. I just looked at them and can not believe Fred (father in law) fell for these. I already sent two links debunking these and I plan to give him more hell.

Thanks guys/gals.




top topics



 
0

log in

join