It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I need help from anyone who knows specifically about NZ immigration laws.I have researched a lot and have talked with many people but the further i cast my net the better information i can gather.
A brief run down:
I have a friend in Thailand who i have known for a longtime due to them studying briefly in NZ.I have just come back from Thailand where we did alot of touring and had a blast.My friend has a bachelors degree but there is not a lot of good work where they live hence they would like to come to NZ for work and later residence ship.From what everyone has told me they need to come in on a visitors visa for up to 3 months first and than while here apply for a work permit?If anyone could u2u me any help would be much appreciated.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Azador

Good luck to your friend. NZ immigration service sucks the big one... They are slow and so much paper work... I had american friends try for residency... took ages...

Have you looked at the NZ immigration website? Lots of information there... otherwise your probably better off ringing them up and having a chat on the phone...

www.immigration.govt.nz...

Good luck once again...

MW31

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Yes i have been studying the website and ive rung immigration and a consultant.But the general message i get is they are very slow and confusing and hit and miss on whether people get accepted.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Azador

Yes, it is difficult to ascertain which way any application will go. The only option for your friend to do is to just go for it and hope that they get lucky.

Unfortunately our immigration system needs revamping...

MW31

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Thats what we are doing hit and hope lol.I just dont want alot of time and money wasted

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Azador

Yes, I understand your fustration for the unknown, it was the same for my american friends. But it was wonderful when the gained their residency status.

Good luck!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Azador

You should speak to the New Zealand Embassy in regards to immigration.

new topics

top topics

join