It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would you think there are such things as aliens?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
The reason we do not use the UFO, it won't go far according to
Einstein or Tesla.

I've watched you play this game for a long time now.
I'm really getting tired of watching as you attempt to be Nikola Tesla.

You are not Nikola Tesla.

Einstein and Tesla both thought space travel was possible. In fact, who exactly do you think it was that came up with the idea of Warped SpaceTime? Einstein flat out said that Wormholes would work, and so would using a large enough variable density (for example creating a localized black hole) to warp space time around a craft.

It's intellectually dishonest of you to attempt to single handedly speak for Einstein and Tesla.

Neither of them would agree with what you are saying here, and both of them would argue strongly against your German Nazi Advanced saucer theory (mostly due to the observable evidence that 1- Germany LOST WW2, never ONCE employing one of these supposedly indestructible devices in the war effort, and 2- In the 60 some odd years since, ZERO evidence of this programs has come to light.

The German Flying Saucer Program didn't even use Jet Engine technology, it was propellor tech. Anyone looking at the spec sheets for the craft can deduce that in under 10 seconds. Of COURSE propellor tech won't take you out of Earth's atmo.

Tesla was actually exploiting free energy from the Earth's ionosphere.
Don't pretend like the man would have argued against the possibility of space travel. Especially don't try to do so without a quote to back up your claim.

You are not Nikola Tesla, and no amount of cryptic message board poetry posts will convince anyone here that you are.

Speaking for yourself will be much more productive for you than attempting to speak through the voice of a dead genius.

-WFA

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Hypothetically though if these are alien craft id think they would be Artificially Intelligent probes(not have aliens inside them) that scour the galaxy and send back information,if anything very interesting was recorded then aliens would have a manned ship sent to investigate.

This theory pleases those who insist that there is absolutely no way to travel faster than light (or bend the rules by raising the speed of light somehow). It also makes up for what would probably be short lifespans (though who knows how long aliens have extended their lifespans?) Anyway.... artificial intelligence that can think for itself. A race sends out a whole bunch of them..... and they don't need food or water. They can even replicate/repair themselves if necessary. This is a way that aliens could explore without actually exploring in person and it shoots down arguments that "it's too far to travel" between the stars or that "aliens wouldn't live long enough" to make such a journey.Granted, I think most alien races would find a way to break light speed or something (just my guess though, as good as anyone's), but artificial intelligence is an excellent alternative!

But then, the artificial intelligence would be just as alien as his/her/it's creators.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by GrayFox]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by GrayFox

I dont think aliens would use propulsion for vast distances,scientists have already teleported an atom.Quantum entanglement,every atom is connected to every other atom,so im thinking they may have the tek to instantly teleport larger objects ie you could teleport to 1000 light years away instantly,even biological life could be transported this way since its instant ie you wouldn't die in the process.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I think i have seen UFOs but i was to drunk to get a photo.

I have lived around a lot of aliens most of them were ether illegal from south of the border or alien from asia.

oh well its 4
:
IN
the
mor
n
ing
ti
me
to
go
to
bed
and
sleep
it
off.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
its a mathematical impossibility for there to not be any other life. full stop.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by bfitz92]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Reasons that I think there are aliens from other planets.

-Edgar Mitchell

-Other astronauts, that have talked about it.

-Some of the audio evidence... Frank Borman's bogeys at 10 o' clock comment.

-Various accounts of other credible people who say they have seen, been abducted by or otherwise encountered aliens.

-The stacks of UFO vids.

-The amount of space out there, and the existence of other planets, stars, and celestial bodies.
-Family members that have had very close encounters with alien or advanced military craft.
-Ancient art that contains UFO's.

-The cave paintings with UFO's.

-The book of Ezekiel, and the account of what ever kind of UFO that was in the first part of the book.

-The tails of flying "angels" the Bible.

-The South American stone carvings.

-All the evidence of, and writings of Giants.

I think that the Universe is completely filled with life, and there are more planets that have life than planets that do not have life.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by bfitz92

No, it's not impossible, it's just very unlikely.

[edit on 7/3/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by GrayFox

I dont think aliens would use propulsion for vast distances,scientists have already teleported an atom.Quantum entanglement,every atom is connected to every other atom,so im thinking they may have the tek to instantly teleport larger objects ie you could teleport to 1000 light years away instantly,even biological life could be transported this way since its instant ie you wouldn't die in the process.

Yep, that's a good alternative! They'd have to originally send a probe with equipment though. Unless the aliens would discover a way to teleport something somewhere without a receiver device of some sort on the other end. But teleportation and wormholes would almost surely be prime choices!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Why do I think the existence of UFOs and aliens are a fact?

1. The number of reports that come from extremely respectable sources who have seen or encountered UFOs, including, but not limited to: scientists of many disciplines, engineers, civilian and military pilots, political leaders, military leaders, military personnel, police officers, astronauts....just to name a few.

2. The massive amounts of government documents, many still classified, that contradict the offical line that UFOs do not exist.

3. Many scret bases and government projects, at least the few we do know about, seem to be focused alot on this.

4. Consitency of the reports. In the credible, respectable reports of UFOs and aliens I've seen, the descriptions of the accounts tend to follow patterns that cross national, racial, linguistic, and ethnic boundaries. People not exposed to western culture and technology are still reporting the same thing seen in more developed countries.

5. The sheer number of cases that have never been satisfactorily explained.

6.Reports of the more exotic technologies we possess that state they might have been reverse engineered. These tend to come from very reliable sources.

Thats just a short list. Looking into individual cases simply fleshes out what I've already stated.

The OP was not written very well or coherently, so I hope this answers the question.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I sometimes feel that when threads pop up questioning things in almost a clinical manner, the main purpose behind them is to gauge various responses so the cartel have new tools, to direct their disinfo campaigns in new ways to try and steer public attention away from various topics.

They wont succeed however. Not when it comes to this massive effort. Too many people have been affected by their enoromous "secret" already. But it goes further. While technology has been given, and perhaps even non-interference broken, one always wonders if they're being given enough rope to hang themselves with, for this abuse of both citizens, resources and the ecostructure of this planet to benefit a tiny minority has probably come very close to breaking some major cosmic laws. This is how I see it.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
You can be uncertain about the validity of claims of aliens and alien abductions because, so far, no evidence has been presented to support them. But the reality of UFOs is an uncontested fact. Don't rely on hearsay, rely only on the millions of photos, films and videos. And even though an unknown percentage of those photos, films and videos have turned out to be hoaxes, you still have the balance of real, unknown objects that do not resemble nor behave like human constructions which have been "captured" by cameras/camcorders, both amateur and professional.

Taking it further, while I do not accept the reality of aliens based on no evidence, one has to consider that something or someone is behind the reality of UFOs. We have no concept of what's behind UFOs but we have to understand that humans build Remote Controlled Vehicles and UFOs could be ROVs. If they are not actually "piloted" by some kind of being, they must be controlled by someone of something located somewhere. This somewhere is just as big a mystery as the UFOs themselves.

Originally posted by majestictwo
(snip)
I have never seen a UFO...

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Learhoag]

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Learhoag]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Regardless of what people believe, it has nothing to do with reality. Beliefs are created by mental conditioning. Mental conditioning doesn't create life anywhere in creation; only wishful thinking does. It doesn't matter if scientists such as Drake create a formula which has no bearing on reality. What you have to accept as real is that there is no evidence of any other human-types anywhere in creation. We are it. Life is simpler when you accept reality, OUR reality, for that is all we have. Our reality allows us to construct non-real reality!

Originally posted by Pimpish
reply to post by majestictwo

Oh and don’t say it’s because there are that many suns and planets and galaxy’s it’s got to be true, it doesn’t have to be true.

Why throw that in there? That is exactly why many people believe that there HAS to be other intelligent life out there, the odds.

You may want to take a look at this: en.wikipedia.org...

I'm no mathematicion, but from my understanding there is not a question of IF there is other life out there, but WHERE that other life is.

*EDIT* Typo

[edit on 6-3-2009 by Pimpish]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
What crap!
[

quote]Originally posted by Amaterasu

EDIT to add: About The Terra Papers...

The Terra Papers were written as a term paper in the late 1960's. They were written by a Hopi, Robert Morning Sky, who was taking a course in Origins of Religion, and he needed a topic for his term paper.

As it turned out, his grandfather was amongst six Hopi who witnessed a UFO crash on Hopi land in 1947 and were the first to arrive, rescuing an ET by the name of Bek'Ti. They brought the ET back to their village and when the military showed up (just after they hid the ET away), they pointed in the direction of the crash and otherwise played it as if they had no clue about what came down "over there." The military bought this and left.

In thanks and trust, for being rescued, nursed and hidden from the military, Bek'Ti gave the Hopi the history of Earth, complete with holographic gadget for visuals.

The knowledge was to be held in trust until it came out in the general infosphere via some other route.

Because Von Daniken came out with Chariots of the Gods?, and because what he wrote closely paralleled much of what Bek'Ti taught - AND because Robert needed a term paper, he petitioned the Elders to release Bek'Ti's story as it related to the work of Von D. Permission was granted, and thus The Terra Papers were written and submitted.

When reading the Papers, it is good to know that they PREDATE Star Wars by a number of years. There are elements that will remind you of Star Wars. I suspect that is because it is likely that Joseph Campbell, one of the lead authorities on human myths and legends, spent a long while with the Hopi and may have been introduced to Bek'Ti's information.

And Joseph Campbell was a close friend and mentor of George Lucas.
[edit on 3/6/2009 by Amaterasu]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I own the Brooklyn Bridge and will make you a deal you can't refuse. Do you believe me as you believe that the three videos are the "real deal"?

Originally posted by organism315
There are only three videos of aliens, that I believe are the "real deal, Holyfield".

Those are:

Dr. Reid's "Blinking alien" video and related videos.
Dr. Reid's videos

Stan Romanek's "Alien in the window"
Stan Romanek's video of alien in the window (infra-red)

And, "Alien interview" from the unknown source that smuggled it out of A-51.
Alien Interview Video

--- for the record ---
O-315

There are several other videos that I've seen that are non-convincing, but interesting, in my opinion, too. But, most of those are night-shots of things seen in Central and South America, and are hard to make a clear determination about.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Richard Dolan is just another UFO author. He got everything he writes about from other, known sources; he didn't create anything or wrote anything out of personal experience. Back when he was first expressing his views in public I had to write to him and tell him that the cropped photo he was using of the alleged Washington, DC UFOs over the Capitol actually showed the street lamps reflected in the camera's lens! And even though he has no evidence to prove a UFO "crashed" near Roswell he believes the popular fantasy.

Appreciate his research if you must but don't treat him any different than you would any other author for they all must color what they write about. Do your own research.

Originally posted by Diplomat
You should read the book by Richard Dolan titled UFOs and National Security, or something like that. I don't see how anyone could read that book and then not realize that we have been visited for a long time now. It's all documented by our government, military, etc.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Hi, inquisitive persons.

As I have often said elsewhere:
About UFOs, here are my finds/thoughts, that I did NOT invent:

1- Some UFOs come from someWHERE.

2- Some UFOs come from someWHEN !

3- Some travel by moving.

4- some travel by thought.

5- all in the universe is entangled. [What the BLEEP!? down the rabbit hole].

6- There exist: space/time & time/space,
meaning:
**WE** can move 3 ways in space, in one time line.
**THEY** can move 3 ways in time, in one space. (without moving).

7- One day, science will tell us:
! All universe's matter is made of solid light !

8- The new ***theory of everything*** !
www.ted.com...

9- Some UFOs are build in a factory by 3rd density entities, like us.
Some UFOs are "though formed" by the Xth density entities !
Some entities don't even need UFOs.

10- and stuff I forgot. . .? B-)

And if I may add : read the Ra material of my signature, and the
[My Favorite Sites] box in my profile, and you will have A LOT of answers !

Blue skies.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Now your one of the few who has actually answered correctly. To simply answer because there are lots of suns,and galaxies is not what I’m looking for. However you have answered brilliantly and I will follow up some of your answers
Thanks and a star for you
MJ2

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Learhoag
Mental conditioning doesn't create life anywhere in creation; only wishful thinking does.

I would summarily disagree. As an Engineer, I can tell you from firsthand experience that wishful thinking doesn't create anything at all, let alone life in the universe.

But I know what you meant, and you're wrong there too. The universe exists independently of human thought and emotion. How you feel about the universe has absolutely no sway on it's reality.

It is unfortunate to find that reality also seems to have no sway on your own personal universe.

Ignoring evidence does not make it go away.

It doesn't matter if scientists such as Drake create a formula which has no bearing on reality.

Drake's equation in fact for the first time included every vairable (known to date by humans) that would influence the development of life.
This has extreme bearing on reality. It is in effect, an equation describing reality, as best we know it.

And it does matter. It matters a lot.

What you have to accept as real is that there is no evidence of any other human-types anywhere in creation.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

In fact, mainstream science predicts life, even intelligent life, in existence on planets around other stars.

Or did you just think that the evidence of other planets with the habitable zones of other stars should just be ignored because it doesn't fit into your worldview?

I'm sorry, that's not how it works.

In the clear fight here between yourself and all of human science and understanding, I'm officially placing a high wager that you are not going to win.

-WFA

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Now your one of the few who has actually answered correctly.

I didn't realize that there were incorrect answers here. If I recall correctly, your topic title reads clearly:
'Why would you think there are such things as aliens?"

We've answered you simply, because Sol is not the only star. Because Earth is not the only planet. We know these things to be true.

Since the environment for life exists, and we know that life exists here on our own planet...

My question to you is then clearly:
"Why would you not think there are such things as aliens?"

Is it because you don't 'believe' in other planets revolving around other stars?

Is it because your religion or worldview sees the existence of Aliens as some sort of threat or insult?

Is it because you don't like your Science Teacher?

To simply answer because there are lots of suns,and galaxies is not what I’m looking for.

Well then my friend it appears that Aliens are not what you are looking for either.

Because lots of suns and galaxies is what one would be interested in if one were looking for evidence of Alien life.

However you have answered brilliantly and I will follow up some of your answers
Thanks and a star for you
MJ2

Sorry, I guess I'll try to be more brilliant next time in order to get your attention.

L.O.L.

-WFA

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Thanks Skadi_the_Evil_Elf.
Your right my OP is somewhat incoherent I will apologize for that to you and everyone else. I have already been told this earlier and scorned vigorously for no question marks. Although it’s no excuse the only question is in the title. The others were rhetorical questios and yes they should have question marks to make sense of the post. Again I apologies to all.

Many posters are right; the universe could be teeming with aliens. I wanted to know why if you have never experienced them you think they are here right now. For me anyway, just because there is the possibility doesn’t make them be here. I wanted to know why people thought differently to me ultimately giving me a clue to if I am right or wrong.

You also gave some great answers which I will follow up – a star also
MJ2

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join