It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Re: Lights above London, NOW! (Need Independant Confirmation)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I have a Nokia N95 with a 5 megapixel camera - it takes excellent photo's in day time, but night shots of the sky - its absolutely useless. I have tried various settings, but a waste of time. I also want to be prepared if something comes my way, but I do not feel a cellphone camera is the solution.

Just my opinion.....

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I wish I were in London to experience it but oh well, star and flagged anyway

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Threads like these in my opinon are not a waste of time for the OP in any honest attempt to call an ATS'r with a camera out to take some pictures. All it takes is for it to happen once and we've got a great conversation that will attract the best of ATS. I love this site...

and I still cant get my stupid avatar to center..

[edit on 7-3-2009 by The Undertaker]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
What's with these threads lately?

They truly are hollow and pointless....

This is Truther all over again.....asking us to "believe"...

yeh yeh

just another kid punching above his weight with his imagination

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Did anyone check Twitter for independent sources?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
oh no not again, admin does recognize whats going on? No?

Another no information thread, JUMPED ON!!! SPREADING, WILDFIRE

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Undertaker

and I still cant get my stupid avatar to center..

[edit on 7-3-2009 by The Undertaker]

Hi there,

I had the same problem a while back. The problem was pointed out by a Mod that it was to large so i had to resize it.

The size of your avatar should be, as quoted to me >

the maximum members are allowed is 160px X 320 px at a file size of 70k and up to 160px X 400px at a file size under 50 k

Do you have the relevent software to resize your image? If so, resize it and upload it to you ATS account......if not, feel free to email me the image and ill resize it for you

[ sorry for being of topic MOD, just helping a member out
]

IP

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Jeez, can't you at least just take a picture?

Any cheap cellphone will do until you get the video out.

I can't believe the nerve of some of you people posting crap like this, and asking us to trust your word. Post a freakin picture!

Why is it that every crazy person that sees a UFO doesn't have a Moto Razr on hand or a cellphone with a camera? Are you all hillbillies?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by The Undertaker

Try resizing it...160 pixels width is the limit...

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ScaredCabbage

What's funny is how yer all still here!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
I can't believe the nerve of some of you people posting crap like this, and asking us to trust your word. Post a freakin picture!

Why is it that every crazy person that sees a UFO doesn't have a Moto Razr on hand or a cellphone with a camera? Are you all hillbillies?

Thank you so much to adding to the quality of this thread with your intelligent words like 'crazy' and 'hillbilly.' ::smirk::

This fellow ATSer has over 68k points. ::looks over at yours:: Hmm. Perhaps you should re-read the OP. He is simply stating he is seeing something unusual and is reaching out to our global network requesting Londoners to take a look outside. I can't think of a better resource for this other then ATS. And somehow, I don't think you'd be satisfied with a cellphone pic - those aren't the best in quality especially at great distances.

I am sick to death of posters coming into threads and posting character assasinations. This is childish, uncalled for, and adds nothing *nothing* of vaule to the thread. There are plenty of topics on ATS that may actually interest you and that you may have something intelligent to offer. Please, go find one. ::points to the door:: Congrats, I have my first Foe. EDIT: Changed my mind, I'm not going to 'foe' you that's for 'respected foes', I'm going to make use of that nifty ignore button.

Edit: typo
2nd Edit: amendment

[edit on 3/7/2009 by Whisper67]

[edit on 3/7/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I like how no one else has seen it or captured it on cellphone/camera. Sounds like Chinese lanterns to me.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by KIRKSTERUK]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I really feel for the OP here. I believe him. It seems that he has seen something that he doesn't know what it is and was after verification...He is NOT saying - I've seen a spaceship.

As for the whole 'evidence now, or you're a liar' mindset that some of you are showing here - get a grip.

I know that if I was out and about and saw something there would be no way I could get a picture. My phone doesn't do video, the camera is not too hot and I do not own a video camera. I'd probably do exactly the same thing that the OP has done here.

Some of you need to get down off your high horses and calm down. No wonder people are afraid to talk about these things. You accuse him of being a 'kid' yet you post in an immature and ill-considered manner. You are downright rude (I would like to point out that is not aimed at any one member - more a group of members who do a smiliar thing) and are essentially flaming a guy who has asked for help.

Would you run into a london pub asking if someone could come outside to film a UFO on their phone and then send you the footage? I know I wouldn't - instant head kicking moment material that!

It's quite frankly pathetic and makes me rather angry indeed.

We don't all walk around tooled up to film anything that might happen.

Some people do hoax, but you can smell that a mile off, usually.

In this case, some of you need to take a step back, look at yourselves in the mirror and ask yourself long hard questions about how you treat and interact with your fellow members who are here for exactly the same reason as you - to learn. We are not here to be abused, called liars and made to feel inadequate.

Peace (ish)...

MGGG

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by machinegun_go_go
Some people do hoax, but you can smell that a mile off, usually.

Couldn't disagree more with that comment.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by KIRKSTERUK

Really? There do seem to be patterns that occur with a hoax. Just take a look around ATS and you'll see it.

Care to elaborate on what you mean?

Edit to add:

And, to quote a phrase often used by online hoaxers, I'm going out now so won't be able to reply for a while...(hands up who's seen that one before :up

[edit on 7-3-2009 by machinegun_go_go]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Hey there everybody....
It's my birthday, and rather than sit inside, I'm headed up to Camden. I wanted to add to this thread before I left, and I will recheck it when I get back...

Some things to remember;

1) I watch the sky 3 times as much as you do. I know this to be true.

2) I can confirm TWICE in my life seeing UFO's of extraterrestrial origin.
I can add to this list at least 5-7 sightings that are unexplained.
I can add to that list at least 100-200 sightings that I later debunked on my own.

3) I will, without any delay, post a thread when I return to the states that shows the difference in my cameras, and what this means to us all.

My point?

Look people, I don't need your points, okay? I came to this site years ago for the UFO's, but stayed for the political discourse. I have never recieved an "applause" for writing about a sighting, but have gotten many for my witty and original musings.

Some of you have been very understanding and supportive, and it looks like I need to add some friends, but others....well, not so much.

So please, read my history! I have already made availible to all of you my equipment list... yes, my video camera died yesterday, but my two other cameras would not pick up lights in the dark sky. Anyone who thinks otherwise should head outside and try it. I will be posting the aforementioned thread next week, just to give an example of why some of you are very wrong on the whole, "snap a camera phone picture".

I already have the best camera phone money can by. Guess what? It's still crap!

So to end this rant, I am in London, and have been skywatching due to the fact that so many people have been posting on sightings here. My verdict?

They are onto something.... Just don't know what...

For those of you who may question this, please read my previous posts and threads, and realize that I am a thirty year old man, a writer, and a radio host, who has travelled at least twice, (to texas and the high desert) to follow up on group sightings. And that is just since I joined this site...

Deny Ignorance. That is the motto, no? I only came on to get some others outside.... an airraid siren if you will. I appreciate those who were and are supportive, and pity those who wasted your own time posting drivel on my thread.
I am here for all of you, not just YOU in particular.
I remain ever vigilant, and llok forward to my Camden trip today. I will still carry the two cameras I have, and will hope to one day get a crystal clear picture to post on this site.

Then I'll only have to sit back and be called a Hoax, bird-watcher, attention seeker, and all-over bad guy.

Gee, I can't wait.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I would like to point out, that Hyde park is very close to Buckingham Palace, and should have restricted air space, just like in DC, there really shouldn't be any Aircraft in the area, so what you saw OP could well be something.

It's no wonder that when members see something, or film something, that they refuse most of the time to post them on ATS.

There appear to be a group that move from UFO thread after UFO thread, simply to flame the OP's and anyone who rally to support them, this has been going on for quite some time, and I know others have noticed.

That crap is just ruining it for those of us who take this seriously, there have been many many threads about sightings without pictures or Video's, they seem to slink away after brief discussion, but driving these kind of threads to the top IMO is deliberately being done to put the subject down, don't feed these people, we don't need them, all they ever do is cause problems, and hardly ever come to threads like this unless they can get a rise out of people, name and shame them, IMO that's the only way to stop them, then everyone will get a heads up to who is doing this.

I'm sorry you couldn't get any pictures OP, don't give up they will be back, seems several UK cities are getting regular events recently, it will come (evidence) we just have to keep trying.

And for those who keep complaining about waiting for two days for a video, you think your hard done too? some people have been waiting over 30 years, so stop complaining, if one of those members does come up trumps, I feel a lot of those complaining about a 2 day wait, wouldn't hesitate to jump on the band wagon screaming I was there when the evidence came to light, such and such are a friend of mine ETC, just like everything else in this messed up World, it's becoming a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Fighting back against these people with dignity, is defending yourselves as much as those being attacked, one of these days it will be you with the Video or pictures, will you post them?

Perhaps UFO's are the new target to what Neformore was talking about?

A Conspiracy Against ATS

[edit on 7/3/2009 by azzllin]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

If you're in Camden - find the Dev pub by the Asda. Round the corner from the World's End. You may find like minded people in there who may have seen something.

Alas I don't live in London, or I'd buy you a pint and discuss last night's events with you. I'm oop north.

Don't let them grind you down mate.

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Opposite the royal albert hall,is the Albert memorial in kensington gardens, they actually face each other, if you had taken a photo of these lights with the memorial to one side of the picture, even though the lights never showed up,it would have showed that you were where you say you were taking the photo.
Normaly there would be no reason to take a photo of this at night , (thats why it would have given your story more weight)(do a search on the net for those of you that have not seen the memorial ,its really impressive ),mike

[edit on 7-3-2009 by stmichael]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Cheers, and thanks to the two above me... you are obviously the members I seek out...

Just a thought, however...

When did I ever say that there were multicolored lights?

When did I say I had a video or any other " proof"?

This was an APB people, that was all. I had two cameras with me, and a cell-phone... trust me when I say that they were both quite useless... I will post the last pic I took of the monument, and in it, I saw the first light... but guess what? twice as bright as a star, AND STILL NOT ON FILM!

But again, thanks for the support, I will be outside again tonight... (Nice and cold here, unlike Santa Barbara)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join