It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what if the "nuclear option" fails?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
So finally the uk Bank Of England has given the go-ahead to start the untried and desperate measure of quantatative easing,with interest rates virtually being slashed to zero now. But what happens if this "last chance saloon" tactic does'nt work? There seems to be nothing else left to try, so what the hell happens next? Will the economy become bankrupt and will that mean savers will lose all their money? Will the IMF intervene? Sorry I'm no expert on this but it really does worry me that we could end up in real dire straits here, at the very least with massive inflation.Any input on this would be greatly appreciated. I have started stockpiling food in case imports get really expensive but unfortunately my funds are quite limited. I'm getting pretty scared here.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
i believe if the shtf literally all money will be useless, no matter how much you have. so we will all be in the same boat regardless of how much loot youve got saved! best of luck, and stock up on pork n beans!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by guinnessford

But if all money becomes useless that has to be the end of capitalism -full stop. So what happens next apart from massive social unrest which is bound to happen? Will the people take control?

new topics

join