It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Cops seal off UIC building - Shots fired

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Chicago Cops seal off UIC building - Shots fired

www.chicagobreakingnews.com

Chicago police were investigating a report of gunfire at a building on the University of Illinois at Chicago campus this afternoon. But there's no evidence that any shots were fired.

About 2:40 p.m., there was a report of someone hearing a gunshot coming from the Student Services Building, located at West Harrison Street and South Racine Avenue.

"The ongoing search turned up no physical evidence of a gunshot in the building," said Mark Rosati, a UIC spokesman. "No gun was found....no shell casings....no injured people," he added.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I saw the choppers and whatnot from my lunchroom in downtown Chicago, I wondered what was going on, and just checked online now, and lo and behold...

The scary thing is, that where this campus is located is right next to the L-train system. If someone was firing and wanted a quick getaway, it's right there for them... plus we're getting into rush hour now... I really hope it's a false alarm...

I'll keep you updated as best I can.

GU

www.chicagobreakingnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It says no shots fired man... Your title was a little misleading... But still interesting...

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Another example of our nanny society. Someone probably heard a tire explode and quickly dailed 9-11. It's good to see that the police took it seriously though.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
Another example of our nanny society. Someone probably heard a tire explode and quickly dailed 9-11. It's good to see that the police took it seriously though.

Sadly, I don't blame them for dialing 9-11 for once.
Too many college shootings are happening these past couple of years.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Maybe someone was playing a shoot' em up movie and it scared the wits out of someone in the next room.

top topics

join