It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulsating low-frequency sound in SoCal driving me nuts!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I don't know if this is the right spot for this topic, so please move if need be. I honestly don't know if this is something sinister that I should be frightened of, or it it's something physical that I should embrace. I'm not
one who is well-versed in Eastern philosophy, but I've read up on Kundalini sounds. Needless to say, I'm desperate to find out what it is.

For the past few months, I've been woken up in the middle of the night with this low-frequency woo-woo-woo sound. It would happen on and off, and my other family members have experienced it as well.

However, the past three days have been NON-STOP, but apparently I am alone in experiencing it this time. Even now, as I sit here, it's annoying the heck out of me. I've resolved myself to sleeping with earplugs.

I live in Southern California, btw. Is anyone else experiencing this? I also have been getting excrutiating headaches between the eyebrows in conjunction with this. It should be added that I don't generally get headaches. This pulsing is physical....I literally FEEL the pulsing in my ears....mostly my right ear. I hope someone else out there knows what I'm talking about.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
dont know if its related, but there has been a few more threads and posts started about strange noises. use your judgement on them please. i dont want to send you to some thread tyhat gets you upset, or drawn into a wacked topic, though.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by guinnessford

I've seen a few of them, but I didn't want to put this there. I wanted to localize my request in the title.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
During the Cold War wasn't there a transmitter, or several, in Eastern Europe that pulsed a very low frequency wave towards the West?

I seem to recall it was supposed to cause depression and illness to people?

Although all things considered it could be they're looking for the brown note again.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I know how you feel.

I'm not in Southern California, but I've got neighbors with an off balance ceiling fan, and the resultant cyclic pulse is not only keeping me up at night, but I've developed excruciating headaches to boot.

Seeing as how the apartment managers refuse to send maintanence to balance the fan, and the neighbors have refused to turn it off (it goes 24/7)...I've had to resort to some of those foam ear plugs to help dampen the noise.

It helps a bit, but I can still feel the "pulsing" in my head.

Wish I could be of more assistance aisde from recommending the earplugs.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
You might want to ask some young children in the area.

Most adults do not hear at the same frequency range as children and those frequency sounds that fall outside of the average hearing range of an adult can often be heard by children or animals.

Ask the kids and watch for abnormal behavior in the animals.

I empathize with you because I can hear some sounds outside of what is considered a normal range and it can be very painful or just annoying.

Good Luck

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
ther have been 2 others about low level earthquakes too. may be related? and the spy plane? supersonic i believe it was said to be. is it a constant, unchanging pitch, or something thats changing with distance and speed?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rob37n

I'm in my upper 30's, and my son does hear it at times. However, I discovered early on that my hearing was above average. I recall sitting in a restaurant a few years back, hearing this horrible high-pitched squealing noise that REALLY bothered me. I kept asking my spouse and son, "don't you hear that???" But they did not. I finally flagged the waitress down and inquired about the noise. She said, "Wow, you hear that?? Only about one out of a thousand can hear it - it's the waffle machine in the kitchen." Apparently, nobody notices it, but the few who do, REALLY notice it, and it prompted them to look into the frequency of the pitch because those few people who noticed it would request to move or even leave the restaurant because it bothered them so much.

So having said that, it's only one example of how I hear things that others don't normally hear. As far as this pulsating sound, I'm at a loss.

I've never heard of low-frequency waves being directed at the west coast...no kidding??? Well, everywhere I've moved, there have been a "change" in sounds that accompany the new location. This one bothers me to no end. Short of sound-proofing my home, what can I do to test if this is really what's going on?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

Trust me, I've torn my home up looking for anything that might cause the house to naturally resonate the frequency....a neighbor's car, the washing machine, etc. But we live in a rural area, and my nearest neighbor is about 150 feet or so from my house, and he's never home. The next closest one is about 200 feet away. We've been here almost 2 years, however, and this has only recently gotten worse.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I live in Southern California.
I dont hear anything
Maybe because my hearing isn't... 100% because of loud rock music constantly.

Or maybe I've just tuned it out.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It could be an electrical device, like a fan or fridge, or a pool nearby? I also have an irritating neighbour who's obsessed with power washing and running his diesal truck at 4 am. The homeowner before him was obsessed with vacuuming his roof, I kid you not ... never did understand that. Maybe you have a neighbour who does night-time cleaning chores?

I once had a high pitched sound in my basement, it was driving me nuts, couldn't figure out what was causing it. One by one I unplugged every device and found it was the satellite receiver. My husband couldn't hear it and I was "you've go to be kidding me?". He also couldn't hear the wonky fan he kept turning on, that had a whirring sound. Some of us just may be more sensitive to noises.

I should mention another annoying sound we had, ended up being the water main in our street, most likely caused by the power washing manic. The city fixed the water main and the sound was finally gone.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by violet]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I would recommend as previously stated, to go to your main circuit breaker and turn off everything. Then you will know if it is an electrical appliance.

And have you ever wondered weather it is a under earth boring machine digging secret tunnels under your town? It would seem they would make a lot of low vibrations that would last as long as they are making tunnels.

new topics

top topics

join