It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phone call from Washington DC?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Maybe I am being paranoid here, but having just finished a long road trip and frankly, sticking my nose in government business getting a missed call from Washington DC has me wondering what the source of the call is.

I have been resting/recovering from that trip, so honestly I haven't payed any attention to my cell phone until a short time ago, when I found a missed call from yesterday...

I tried several times to return that call and can't get through, it is impossible.. After trying to find the source on the internet the most I could get is that possibly came from a cell phone in DC?

Anyone know of a good way to find out exactly where a call like this came from?

Maybe it means nothing and I am being paranoid but after recent events and personal experiences I'd really like to know where this call came from.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Thats probably from one of those poling groups in DC. I got two in the last three days wanting to ask my opinion on the health care debate and the idea of bailing out GM & Chrysler again! Mostly robot dialing programs! They only use those numbers for one-two days then change them to prevent problems from crazies that call back and try to tie up the lines.

Zindo

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Seems there's reports of this number being connected with one of those incessant, nagging "this is your last chance to extend you auto's warranty" crapolafests...

whocalled.us...

NAME UNAVAILABLE 2008-09-15
Car Warrenty SCAM!!! 202-527-6028 2009-03-06
202-527-6028

I personally wouldn't be too concerned as the number is most likely contrived, fake, made-up, whatever.

just another 1-800 DON'T PICKUP in my opinion.

[edit: to add]
www.google.com...

[edit on 6-3-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Your edit explains mine!

Thanks!

Funny thing is I did a reverse search of that number and got a DC location and that is what made me wonder what it was.

Case closed!

[edit on 6-3-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Yes, that is what it is, an automobile warranty scam which will come into your cell phone with various numbers. There is no set number for this scam, I have received the same call on my cell phone under a variety of different numbers. I have answered everyone of them too, and it is the same old message, "This is the second notice...your warranty is about to expire..."

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Yea, my phone too.... I answered it and it was a fund raiser for Ron Pauls Campaign for Liberty --- you know me Mr. Money Bagless - donated $25 bucks for more of the same... I guess....

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by BornPatriot
Yea, my phone too.... I answered it and it was a fund raiser for Ron Pauls Campaign for Liberty --- you know me Mr. Money Bagless - donated $25 bucks for more of the same... I guess....

I got that call. But I just looked on my caller ID and the number is different than the one above. Still a 202 area code.

But I had like someone call me and then ask me to listen to the pre-recorded message. So they probably have more than 1 phone line/caller doing it I'd guess, which would explain the different number.

My call was on 03/03/09 around 9am.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
My favorite was getting a call from Washington DC : 202 000 0000

I always check these two sites first when I get interesting calls on the caller id:

800notes.com...

whocalled.us...

new topics

top topics

join