It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepare for the Depression? Myth or Fact..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I have watch it on tv.
I have read it in newspaper's.

But i can not even phantom or have seen anyone personally in trouble from all this yet.
It's almost like Hearsay that has spread fear and causing the market failing and people not spending.

I know this is a conspiracy site...and you all will 99% say yes you fool..buy a tent canned food's ect.

But are you talking from experience or from the hype.

Basically give me the answer's in lay men term's big drawn out reply's..will only draw more attention to hype in my understanding.

Talk to me as if you was trying to explain this to your younger brother..Because you didn't want him or his kid's..to starve in a few month's..or go without shelter.

Do i stockpile food?
Buy tent's gear ect...

If it is gonna happen..What do i do...
The shear fact of starving and no home for my kid's...Make's me curl up in a ball and hate the world.
Thanks for Your reply's in advance.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by TheAmused]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I think a reasonable amount of preparation for any type of emergency is a good idea.

However as far as preparing for a depression, well, I'd love to hear some suggestions myself.

My best bet is packing up the wife and kid and heading to the parents where there is land to farm and animals to hunt.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

My brother-inlaw lost his job at Stelco, does that help you ?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

There is a good chance that we could fall in to a depression. Something along the lines of massive unemployment, super high crime, military enforced curfews, food vouchers, food lines, disruption of electricity and water, problems with accessing medical and dental care.

Most people agree that you should get out of the city. However, a large number of people will be doing just that.

Preparing for this is going to depend on how much money you can spend and where you live, etc.

I have decided on staying put for the above mentioned situation. However, I have solar, ok water supply, chickens, and a garden. We have also been stocking up.

The problem will be defending it and I need to spend money on some physical security upgrades. I also worry about the gov taking what I have.

Not sure if you have ever been to a third world country, but I am assuming something like that.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Would you rather make all those preparations and then have the economy do an about face and go right back to being in great shape....

Or would you prefer to not prepare and then have the entire system come crashing down around your ears leaving the country in smoking ruins governed by chaos?

Most survivalists tend to be of the mindset that its better to be prepared and never have to use the gear/food/etc than to be caught with the pants down in a very bad situation.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Look up, watch and listen to Peter Schiff.
Our love for money is bringing the rest
of the worlds economies down with it!
Does THAT explain it?
Look up Zimbabwe and their problems.
Or watch for the pink slip in the envelope,
then watch how in a year or two how
bare the store shelves will be.
We will have worthless money so we
couldn't buy anything anyway.
Ever hear of the illuminati?
NWO plan proceeding on schedule.....
War couldnt break us, so........money will.
Dollar has to fall first, so everything else can.....

P.S. BUY FOOD

[edit on 6-3-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Please check my reply on "America, just how much time is left" thread (here in skunkwoeks) America today has posted the worst unemployment figures for 25 yrs.
Apparently when floppy eared Bush was waging war accross the world, he wasn't checking Americas monthly paycheck.
We are now fast approaching a world depression, make no mistake about that. but they dont want to say that just like they dont want to say ET's exist. tossers....
It is time to stop being spoon fed by these dispicable governments and time to start holding weekly meetings with your neighbours and planning your own way forward.
PEAACE,
RK

top topics

join