It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel stands firm on demand for domestic JSF content

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

Originally posted by C0bzz

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by C0bzz

haven`t seen to many F-35`s dropping bombs recently in Afghanistan recently.....

... your point?

my point is that the F-35 as of now is a paper tiger , they`ve built 4 of them to test , whilst the `phoon and gripen have both allready been deployed in operations.

so you say `neither are better strike fighters` - , which is quite obviously rubbish - the F35 is a prototype only, whilst the other 2 have shown they can blow sh1t up.

Yes the F-35 has only completed 2% of testing with major doubts about the financial feasability of the project with many concerns about delays and such and such. Quiet obvious really. And I presume we should never compare future combat systems with current ones too? Guess you could say A-10 is superior to Eurofighter just because it's cheaper and dropped loads of bombs.

In a world where the F-35 is fully in service, it will be a better battlefield striker than either the Gripen or Eurofighter; as it will be doing the role it was specifically designed. Didn't know BF-1, BF-2, and AF-1 were regarded as 'prototypes' either? They are SDD aircraft.

[edit on 7/3/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This is one they may not get away with.

You cannot simply pull out parts and replace them. Its involved when you are talking about the level of avionics integration the F-35 has.

Nor can you at this stage add isreali eelctronics to the production airframe. It would not only delay production, but the member nations simply would not have it. Many countries are already re-thinking thier buy and this would be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Thier election of an ultra right wing government who has basically told the US to sit on it and rotate in regards to settlemens will not help thier cause no matter how powerfull thier lobby is.

Lastly as mentioned Israel has that nasty habbit of selling our advanced technology to whomever. That is one reason they should never get the F-22. The F-35 is iffy as well IMHO. Fromt he LAVI to rumors that the Chicoms got thier hands on a Arrow system courtesy fo the Mossad.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

When was that photo taken, maybe 1979?

This is what I was talking about.

and

This from the IIAF site itself

Imposition of a strict arms embargo against Iran by the West caused a severe spare parts and maintenance problem, with many pilots and maintenance personnel following the Shah into exile. As a result, by 1980 the Iranian Air Force was only a shadow of its former self. This embargo was to have an especially severe long-term effect on the Tomcat fleet, since the embargo prevented the delivery of any spares.

Source

Then they had to start smuggling parts, cannibalizing other f-14's, and retro fitting with Soviet parts to get the fleet back up.

Anyway this is kind of unrelated to this thread except the fact as to why the Israeli's would want some of their systems aboard.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by nonnez]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

lh6.ggpht.com...

us.airliners.net...

Iran has around 55 F-14`s available for combat operations - and it doesn`t matter how they kept them flying despite the illegal US sanctions - they did and are a widely regarded platform.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Some more pictures....

Airliners.net-1

Airliners.net-2

Ai rliners.net-3

[edit on 8/3/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Obviously you miss my point. I am done here.

Have a nice day!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Not so long ago I was against giving Israeli technology like the F35 or F22 but in view of recent world events I now think we should give them the lot F22s, Tanks even possibly Subs and a Carrier.

Someone has to stand up to the maniacs in Iran and Gaza and Isreal is a good ally and can be trusted with our best Tech.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nonnez

Obviously you miss my point. I am done here.

Have a nice day!

you said:

Remember the f-14's that were sold to Iran that basically sat silent because they were unable to service them and electronic systems that never worked. Ours (US) worked just fine.

and i (and cobzz) posted pictures that proved you wrong - the aircraft have been in service and fully functional since 1979.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamanator
Someone has to stand up to the maniacs in Iran and Gaza and Isreal is a good ally and can be trusted with our best Tech.

In what universe? Israel will sell our technology to the highest bidder if it gets them an advantage, and it doesn't matter what it is. Israel will do whatever they think will give them the biggest advantage, and they don't care what we have to say about it.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
The USA near enough paid for the LAVI , which ws then shipped , sholesale to china for use in there J-10 project.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join