It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something growing on Mars

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
after this last page i forgot what the op was.

deflect much?

jeeze, obviously it is nothing we can deal with.

i say it's oil leaks.

then again i am not the genius like you chumps.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

NASA says (officially) these features are created by a thin crust of frozen CO2 melting, and exposing the darker soil underneath the melt.

I'd say they are more like huge patches of seasonal biological growth, probably lichens or similar.

There is plenty of H2O and CO2 to supply the gaseous and liquid requirements..

One confusing thing regarding the 'hunt' for water on Mars, is that they kept on stating that they were searching for it, whilst at the same time, releasing images from Opportunity of a cloud filled Martian sky!?

For all those thinking it was clouds of CO2, that's not the case..NASA themselves describe the clouds as being H2O...doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

So..strong likelihood of oceans and life existing long ago + existing water, CO2, sunlight. Put them together and what do you get?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Actually Fooks, you do yourself an injustice.

The theory that millions of years ago, oceans and life were abundant on Mars lends itself perfectly to there being massive oil deposits on Mars.

The image that is touted as being right angled blocks, stacked one on top of another (by Tom Flounders i think), actually looks like oil geysers, the right angles look like oil stains fanned by the wind.

You might be a genius after all!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hi spikey,

Originally posted by spikey
The image that is touted as being right angled blocks, stacked one on top of another (by Tom Flounders i think), actually looks like oil geysers, the right angles look like oil stains fanned by the wind.

You might be a genius after all!

metaresearch.org... , Dr. Thomas C Van Flandern. His recent death was in my opinion a great loss to everyone who likes alternative cosmological models/interpretations.

Not sure about oil geysers but out gassing of any sort, even water heated due to geological activity, would be sufficient cause for great excitement. The meta research website is in my opinion a fantastic resource so since your still getting the name wrong you absolutely need to spend more time there!

Thanks for allowing me the free advertisement....

Cheers,

Stellar

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I talked to a NASA scientist about how sterile our equipment we sent to Mars was. He informed me that there were areas that were not sterile. We all know how tenacious life is. I propose the whole planet is covered with our life by now. Even things we sterilized were exposed to our spore filled atmosphere before going to Mars. I predicted a visible green ring of brachiopods across the planet. This will do for now.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by realeyes
Where did the growth come from? Is it possible that bacteria/organisms can survive traveling from one planet to another? Could simple life forms from earth have been sent out into space from an impact and possibly reach Mars?

Bingo!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join