It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Journalist Shares War Secrets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
In an exclusive interview with correspondent Mike Wallace on 60 Minutes, legendary journalist Bob Woodward will discuss his new book in which he reveals the secret White House plans to attack Iraq. The interview will air Sunday, April 18, at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

Woodward interviewed 75 of the people who helped prepare for the war, including President Bush � the only source who speaks for attribution -- in the upcoming book, �Plan of Attack,� published by Simon & Schuster. Both CBSNews.com and Simon & Schuster are units of Viacom.

In the interview, Woodward talked about how the administration was able to finance secret preparations for the Iraq war.

"President Bush, after a National Security Council meeting, takes Don Rumsfeld aside, collars him physically and takes him into a little cubbyhole room and closes the door and says, 'What have you got in terms of plans for Iraq?' What is the status of the war plan? I want you to get on it. I want you to keep it secret," says Woodward.

Journalist Shares War Secrets

[Edited on 17-4-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
WASHINGTON (AP) - President Bush secretly ordered a war plan drawn up against Iraq less than two months after U.S. forces attacked Afghanistan and was so worried the decision would cause a furor he did not tell everyone on his national security team, says a new book on his Iraq policy.

Bush feared that if news got out about the Iraq plan as U.S. forces were fighting another conflict, people would think he was too eager for war, journalist Bob Woodward writes in ``Plan of Attack,'' a behind-the-scenes account of the 16 months leading to the Iraq invasion.

The Associated Press obtained a copy of the book, which will be available in book stores next week.

``I knew what would happen if people thought we were developing a potential war plan for Iraq,'' Bush is quoted as telling Woodward. ``It was such a high-stakes moment and ... it would look like that I was anxious to go to war. And I'm not anxious to go to war.''

AP: Book Alleges Secret Iraq War Plan

[Edited on 17-4-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
King georges ship is sinking.
It seems every day a new book is released.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by aware
King georges ship is sinking.
It seems every day a new book is released.

It will be interesting to see what Bob Woodward reveals in the interview.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
clark and this guy, its all just more mam scam for the roob scoobs, more books to make these evil sorcerors more powerful and wrap us up in their lies.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
20 April 2004

A new book on the run up to last year's invasion of Iraq has rattled the White House with the most detailed account yet of the deep divisions within the Bush administrations over the war. Implicitly, it raises the question of why Colin Powell, Secretary of State and the chief in-house sceptic about the war, did not resign once it was clear he had lost the argument.

In a sign of the administration's agitation, top officials, including Condoleezza Rice, the National Security Adviser, have publicly taken issue with key aspects of the account provided in Plan of Attack by investigative reporter Bob Woodward, published here yesterday.

White House reels from Woodward book

new topics

top topics

join