It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG!!! What just happened in Melbourne ??

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR

Underground tunneling is a matter for skunkworks?

Yeah it is! That's the place where flights of fancy such as MIB's and Underground Tunneling require no proof. This Earth Tremor was a natural event and it's appropriate for it to be discussed as such - end of story.

BTW, it wasn't a 5.0 - it was a 4.6 - 4.7. Let's keep it to the facts instead of running away with ourselves. The beached whales and dolphins are an interesting parallel and perhaps we should be investigating more deeply into things like that instead and making this thread constructive.

IRM

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tim.vic.au

Did you see the helicopter around 12?

a low flying helicopter flew over my area at about that time (very, very loud). but it was behind a tree by the time I got outside so I couldn't see the markings.

It wasn't a police helicopter because it sounded different.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Can you fix that link, it takes me to the European - Mediterranean page

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by iced_blue

The Police (inc choppers) and the SES were out last night looking for possible damage - as reported on the radio, television, the newspapers and internet.

There are many prosaic answers for choppers flying around.

IRM

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Hey, that is the main page, then press the 4.0 and higher for a map.

But here is the "whole" map page - www.emsc-csem.org...

You can even click on the animated map, right under the map shown, it will take you as they happened quakes.....

Explore the site.....

Hope that helps!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I actually meant 12 today (mid day). sorry I didn't make that clear.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkitzoFrenic

Did anyone in the Melbourne City area feel that shaking ??? it was like a earthquake, our whole building shook like crazy with a weird rumbling sound in the distance ???

weeeird man that was freaky!!!

This definitely sounds like an Earthquake. The Rumbling is due to the Low Frequency sounds which emanate from Plate Movement. If you want an example of this particular effect, simply feel the effects of the Bass in your Car or Stereo, and notice how it Causes Vibrations which you can feel. This is Low Frequency sound.

I am glad to hear that you are alright though

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I'm sure there are many helicopters around. But these were unmarked/unnumbered Blackhawks, flying very low, less than 1000m above sea level, I was 250m above sea level at the time.

Like I said hopefully an unrelated SAS exercise southeast of Melbourne. Which is how I want to treat it until further evidence arises.

Tim

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

What time did you see it?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by iced_blue

I saw two of them traveling about 600m apart, at 11:20'ish. I live on the south eastern side of Dandenong Ranges.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

It's possible that we saw the same helicopter, I'm not sure about the time it was somewhere between 11:35 - 12.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SkitzoFrenic

I have family in Melbourne's SE [Melbourne is a city in Victoria, Australia for those who don't know] and they said they felt a very weird rumbling sensation last night. This was quite scary for people in the affected area as earthquake movements are not a regular occurrence.

For those interested here is more on the story, taken from The Age newspaper's online website:

Geoscience Australia, which monitors earthquake activity, said the tremor measured magnitude 4.6 on the Richter scale, with the epicentre at Korumburra, about 90 kilometres southeast of Melbourne.

www.theage.com.au...

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I think we here in Melbourne are trying to 'collect the set' of natural disasters. We need a flood here to get the free steak knives.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by inkbottle

How good would a flood be about now? we so desperately need rain. My garden is half by dead as it is, and I cant remember the last time it actually rained. Sure the last few days we've had some drizzle, a couple of showers lasting no longer than 10-15 minutes, but I mean RAIN, good'ol Melbourne rain I remember as a kid.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I didn't know you had 3 quakes in one day, apologies for not being caught up on this

Melbourne tremor 'one of three'

... it is quite remarkable that we get three of roughly the same size in the one day."

the age

Does seem unusual ...

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
www.seis.com.au...

have a look at this earthquake data. why are so many at 10kms deep? maybe there is some sort of underground tunneling operation going on or something.

I had a Sci Fi weird thought while reading this thread. Just gonna come out with it. No psy or anything. Just creative blue sky thought.

Deep EBE installations.

War for the planet.

Deep strike teams.

Tactical Nukes.

Installations retired.

As you were,

ZG

[edit on 3/7/2009 by ZeroGhost]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

Just because I'm American don't assume I'm making fun of you. I don't make fun of anyone because they're frightened of something especially earthquakes. So don't throw around all inclusive statements like "All you Americans" or else you can Jump.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Also try www.liss.org... for live-feed sesmic charts. BTW, if the ice shelf down below breaks off and falls into the ocean, Perth will be swimming back to shore!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheKingsVillian
Is anyone else thinknig HAARP or is it just my ATS stupidity?

Seriously?

lol you're not the only paranoid mofo here... that was one of my first thoughts (2 earthquakes in short order when I've never felt one here in my whole life? somethings probably up)

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I just hope that this is not a prelude to a large quake?

One I can handle, but two this close together nah no way, something is going on for sure. What that something is needs to be explained.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join