It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3.3.09 "non-earthquake" Rattles *Solved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I have read numerous reports of strange activity on March 3rd 09 and I believe it has to do with '2009 CT' an asteroid that came closer to the earth than any object ever in recorded history. It missed us by a mere 38,000 miles (closer than the moon) and was traveling at speeds over 52,000 miles per hour. Given the exact material of the object is in question, I personally believe that many of the disturbances that day could have been result of that object passing through our earths magnetic field. Any opinions?

Object Name: (2009 CT)
Date: 2009-Mar-03
Miss Distance (AU) 0.1791
Miss Distance (LD) 69.7
Estimated Diameter: 320 m - 710 m
H (Mag): 19.6
Relative Velocity: (Km/sec) 23.45

NASA Source
Source

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Jhathaway

I am not sure that a shock wave can carry through the vacuum of space.Could be wrong though.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
reply to post by Jhathaway

I am not sure that a shock wave can carry through the vacuum of space.Could be wrong though.

I am pretty sure it can. Not 100% but pretty sure

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by foremanator

I stand corrected

Shock Waves in Space
How can shock waves travel through outer space when there is no air in space to carry them?

Well, space is not in fact empty. It is filled with tenuous (and in some places not so tenuous) plasma. This plasma is much like our atmosphere and shock waves can in fact travel though it.

Dr. Louis Barbier
(November 2001)

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
There is no such thing as vacuum. Vacuum is a principle. Like space.

Celestial bodies resonate. It is known as Laplace Resonance.

Take a look:

en.wikipedia.org...

In celestial mechanics, an orbital resonance occurs when two orbiting bodies exert a regular, periodic gravitational influence on each other, usually due to their orbital periods being related by a ratio of two small integers. Orbital resonances greatly enhance the mutual gravitational influence of the bodies. In most cases, this results in an unstable interaction, in which the bodies exchange momentum and shift orbits until the resonance no longer exists. Under some circumstances, a resonant system can be stable and self correcting, so that the bodies remain in resonance. Examples are the 1:2:4 resonance of Jupiter's moons Ganymede, Europa, and Io, and the 2:3 resonance between Pluto and Neptune. Unstable resonances with Saturn's inner moons give rise to gaps in the rings of Saturn. The special case of 1:1 resonance (between bodies with similar orbital radii) causes large Solar System bodies to clear the neighborhood around their orbits by ejecting nearly everything else around them; this effect is used in the current definition of a planet.

Except as noted in the Laplace resonance figure (below), a resonance ratio in this article should be interpreted as the ratio of number of orbits completed in the same time interval, rather than as the ratio of orbital periods (which would be the inverse ratio). The 2:3 ratio above means Pluto completes 2 orbits in the time it takes Neptune to complete 3.

What exactly the idea of "shock wave" means? One cause affects the closest particle, and this particle transmits energy to the next one. We are used to think shock waves in "thick" environment, like air or water, but in space "next object" may be very far. Nevertheless, it still works

[edit on 6-3-2009 by DangerDeath]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jhathaway
I personally believe that many of the disturbances that day could have been result of that object passing through our earths magnetic field.

The only question I have is, if this is possible and is the case.. how come it was localized?

You would imagine that large shock waves in the atmosphere would disturb large parts of the planet.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
As Sir Isaac Newton stated, “We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances.” Therefore, I must ask-- is it really only coincidence that both strange, unique, global anomalies and Earth’s closest, largest, asteroid near-miss just happen to coincide almost simultaneously? I believe the simplest answer is that these two events were connected.

Regarding the ‘Vacuum’ idea; I never suggested such a thing. I was referring to magnetic and the earths own magnetic field.

Our moon’s orbit supports tidal changes and stable axial tilt here on Earth. Are we to believe that an object that soared between the Earth and Moon couldn’t have somehow temporarily displaced our magnetic field? As there is no real way of identifying the various materials within the asteroid, this is really just a theory; however, depending on what compounds/ore made up the asteroid, I believe it’s a possibility too coincidental to ignore. Localized anomalies could have something to do with the trajectory at which this object passed us, or, minerals deeper in the earths crust.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by Jhathaway]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Intruiging. Tunguska sized rocks are supposed to hit every 100 years so i hear. This was right on time. So how come this one missed? Or maybe this is a precurser to an iminant strike. Incedently, I dont think this had anything to do with the rock. I have no evidence, But i just dont. Y'know. Why only there and not world wide?. It doesnt make sense. Not saying this didnt have anything to do with our maybe defence from the rock. Maybe we did some craziness and bounced the bitch off. Who knows. Maybe thats what harp is for. Strengthening the earths protection against the 'elements'.

[edit on 3/6/2009 by Matt.Trakker]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

This is not the path of the recent asteroid; however, it gives you an idea how the locations of events could have been related.

new topics

top topics

join