It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't let them tell you that "The Theory of Evolution" is a fact.

page: 36
<< 33  34  35   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
As any Master Craftsman knows, you need the tools to do the job!

Evolution is the Creator's master tool for creating life in all it's diversity.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by teapot

Your "Master Craftsman", is he/she/it a supernatural being? If so, why would he/she/it let cyanobacteria be the dominant lifeform on this planet for most of its history? And why would humans only appear at one second to midnight on a 24-hour clock of the planet's life?

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

Your "Master Craftsman", is he/she/it a supernatural being? If so, why would he/she/it let cyanobacteria be the dominant lifeform on this planet for most of its history? And why would humans only appear at one second to midnight on a 24-hour clock of the planet's life?

Algae may be the most enduringly prolific life form on the planet, but hardly the most dominant!

From photosynthesis to rational beings, only 23hrs 59secs in the making! Far beyond the scope of my natural ability. Seems pretty super to me.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Algae may be the most enduringly prolific life form on the planet, but hardly the most dominant!

From photosynthesis to rational beings, only 23hrs 59secs in the making! Far beyond the scope of my natural ability. Seems pretty super to me.

You dodged the first question, why a few billion years of algae?

You begged the second question, why wait so long to get humans on the scene if we're the crown of creation?

And your "explanation", isn't.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
all i gotta say is thank you for finally explaining that to the people that it is a THEORY. No matter what side you take, its a theory and thats it. BAC, i applaud you.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by deathhawk21

A theory based on hard evidence. And also an observed phenomenon.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by deathhawk21
all i gotta say is thank you for finally explaining that to the people that it is a THEORY. No matter what side you take, its a theory and thats it. BAC, i applaud you.

Evolution is a fact. How evolution works is still a theory. They worked out the difference between theory and fact somewhere around the Dark Ages.

The problem creationists have with evolution is that it takes time. They don't have time, the world is only 6 days old, or some other number, but not billiions, no sir, no way. We wouldn't be special if it was that old.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Im inclined to believe that smart people are evolved humans, while creationists that wont (or most likely CANT) believe in science that goes against god, are still trapped in a more primitive human body.

Im just happy to see them loose yet another argument, as always. In fact, i dont think i have ever seen them win, (and ive seen my share of post and videos). This leads me to think that they just wont, or maybe even CANT believe all the evidence we show them.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by Daniem]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

If you say so.

Is it beyond possibility that evolution and creation co-exist or are the same?

'Creationists' and 'Evolutionists' are equally intransigent in their dogma. Yet life is just not quite so rigid, is it?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Gawdzilla

If you say so.

Is it beyond possibility that evolution and creation co-exist or are the same?

'Creationists' and 'Evolutionists' are equally intransigent in their dogma. Yet life is just not quite so rigid, is it?

Nothing is beyond possibility. But I don't see where a "creator" is needed. There's no need for one in evolutionary theory. If you want to talk about abiogenesis, good luck with that. It's purely speculative and that's outside of science.

And before somebody pops out "nothing comes from nothing", may I ask "who created the creator" in that case? He/She/It didn't come from nothing, did they? Nothing comes from nothing, right?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
i must chime in and be simple
Evolution is the current best theory.
as a theory it will stand as long as it is failed to be dis proven, which it has, so this is the best answer so far.
but creationism in the traditional sense (6 days with a being in the sky) is not argued in a logical philosophical manner- rarely is.
Fact is irrefutable but any good scientist will say that we must be ever vigilant and attempt to disprove ourselves so we can learn more.
and so far not happening....great

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiorano
i must chime in and be simple
Evolution is the current best theory.
as a theory it will stand as long as it is failed to be dis proven, which it has, so this is the best answer so far.
but creationism in the traditional sense (6 days with a being in the sky) is not argued in a logical philosophical manner- rarely is.
Fact is irrefutable but any good scientist will say that we must be ever vigilant and attempt to disprove ourselves so we can learn more.
and so far not happening....great

Good points. Creationism is an attempt to give philosophy a hard science patina. It fails miserably and often quite embarrassingly. It's dishonest and that shows to anyone who has a grounding in science. As long as people put their opinions above actual fact we'll have problems like this.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by deathhawk21

I love it! TOO! This thread has OWNED the evolutuionist. The only posts I see on this last few pages are some sour grapes from whining evolutionist still word smithing in the wind.

Fact? Yeah riiight. Too many frauds too many debunked hypothesis being changed and with the latest discovery of the templates for design of each xcreature using the code in DNA that can make ANY of the animals intact just like the fossil record has proven.

Chuck Darwin's theory

RIP

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Agreed. evolution has been tested and observed.

the idea that a purley evolutionary process is responsible for the diversity of life we see on this planet is only a theory.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Evolution is not a theory. It is a scientifically proven fact.

By definition, a Scientific Theory is constructed to provide an explanation for an observable phenomenon, and to predict when and how the phenomenon will occur again.

So the Theory of Evolution is a working explanation for the phenomenon of Evolution.

I will, once again, post this link.
www.sciencedaily.com...

Please, before you attack science, try to learn what they are talking about, and the definitions of the words they use.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

How do you know?
What proof do you have?

And why would humans only appear at one second to midnight on a 24-hour clock of the planet's life?

Thats only if the theory of evolution is fact.

Who's to say humans didn't always exist?

You begged the second question, why wait so long to get humans on the scene if we're the crown of creation?

Who's to say humans didn't always exsist, since we're the "crown of creation?"

Originally posted by rhinoceros
A theory based on hard evidence.

Where is the evidence?

Originally posted by rhinoceros
And also an observed phenomenon.

Where is the observed phenomenon?

Evolution is a fact.

How the hell do you come up with it being fact?

How evolution works is still a theory.

No, the WHOLE of evolution is still a theory.

They worked out the difference between theory and fact somewhere around the Dark Ages.

So why can't you prove to me that its a fact TODAY?

The problem creationists have with evolution is that it takes time.

I don't care how long evolution takes, the thing is, is that there is NO PROOF of it being factual.

They don't have time

Why wouldn't creationists have time?

the world is only 6 days old, or some other number, but not billiions, no sir, no way.

What makes you think the earth can't be trillions yrs old or even longer, why does it have to be 6days-billions?

We wouldn't be special if it was that old.

Why wouldn't we be special?
Who's to say that we haven't always existed on this planet?

Who's to say this planet hasen't always existed?

Originally posted by Daniem
This leads me to think that they just wont, or maybe even CANT believe all the evidence we show them.

You, have yet to show ANY evidence to support evolution is fact, when IN FACT, it is only a theory, a theory that has no evidence in the proveness of being factual.

It's purely speculative

As is the theory of evolution!

And before somebody pops out "nothing comes from nothing", may I ask "who created the creator" in that case? He/She/It didn't come from nothing, did they? Nothing comes from nothing, right?

Where did your "singularity" come from?

As long as people put their opinions above actual fact we'll have problems like this.

The theory of "evolution" and "creationism in 6 days" is oppinionated, not factual.

Originally posted by hulkbacker
evolution has been tested and observed.

Nope, it hasn't!

Originally posted by hulkbacker
the idea that a purley evolutionary process is responsible for the diversity of life we see on this planet is only a theory.

Correct!

cont...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
...cont...

Originally posted by PieKeeper
Evolution is not a theory. It is a scientifically proven fact.

God man, would you quit preaching opinions and theories as facts...

By definition, a Scientific Theory is constructed to provide an explanation for an observable phenomenon, and to predict when and how the phenomenon will occur again.
So the Theory of Evolution is a working explanation for the phenomenon of Evolution.

The "phenomenon of evolution is the THEORY.

I will, once again, post this link.
www.sciencedaily.com...

What is it with you and links...

Oh yeah, links and evolution are tied toghether somehow I bet, lol

Please, before you attack science, try to learn what they are talking about, and the definitions of the words they use.

We all know what they are talking about bro...
...A THEORY that is preached as fact!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
How thick is your skull? I just explained what Scientific Theory is. Your definition of a theory is very different from a Scientific Theory. A Scientific Theory seeks to explain and predict an observable phenomena. This phenomena in question is Evolution. There would be no Theory of Evolution if Evolution did not already exist as a phenomena.

As for the links, you keep asking for proof. I am giving it to you.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by PieKeeper]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
So is Macro-Evolution...

Fact?

or

Theory?

It can't be one or the other.

Fact, or Theory?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It's a fact. The way that it occurs is the Theory.

Micro and Macro Evolution are part of the same process. If one exists, then so does the other.

That doesn't even matter, because the argument that Micro and Macro Evolution are significantly different is an artificial construct.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35   >>

join