It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't let them tell you that "The Theory of Evolution" is a fact.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Theory = explains a verifiable observation.
Fact = verifiable observation.

Among other things the theory of evolution explains the observed phenomenon that we call evolution.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by iWork4NWO]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.
Evolution is what the theory is about. Evolution isn't the theory. Wake up.

Nope, it's pretty clear.

It is a fact that evolution has happened. Those are the observable facts.

The theory of evolution explains the phenomena.

Thus, evolution is both fact and theory. It is two things - can be described as fact and also a theory.

Wake up. To say a fact is a theory and a theory is a fact interchangeably goes against their very Scientific Definitions!

Nope, I just refuse to play your semantic games.

Again, the claim is that it is a widespread problem for scientists and 'evolutionists' to claim the 'theory of evolution is a fact'.

At this point you have nada but hot air and semantics.

Is Evolution a theory?

Yes, you just stated it, it's called the 'theory of evolution'.

People say that evolution is a fact. They also say evolution is a theory.

Now support your claims. Apparently lots of people say 'the theory of evolution is a fact'.

Which you again claim:

Originally posted by B.A.C.
This thread isn't about why or how we are here. Read my OP.

It's about people saying "The Theory of evolution is a fact".

The only person saying that so far is you.

So, come on. 90% of scientists and most evolutionists say it. Show that to be the case.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by melatonin]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by B.A.C.

But like he said earlier.... you keep dodging it and looking childish. According to you..... God is also just a theory then. Just type out a sentence saying that both God and evolution are theorys.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
6600 years ago, Adam and Eve were cast down on this planet, butt naked.
Being olympic swimming champions, helped them cross the oceans and have babies on each piece of land, who looked nothing like each other or their parents. That is how we came to being, folks! so start praying and 'don't let them tell you that Theory Of Evolution is a fact'.

Also, the millions of species were created by god on the side because he is creative and wants to give us that 'aquarium feel'.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by bignick]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The problem with this argument is that philosophy and science cross paths. There are arguments on both sides, but the truth is that there is as much proof of creationism as evolution. For those of you who really wish to live in the spirit of ATS and "deny ignorance", I urge you to look at this website. I know some of these have been addressed by science, such as the Second Law of Thermodynamics argument, but there are questions that evolution just doesn't have an answer for, and just don't fit with that particular explanation. Whether you believe in the Hebrew God or not, that is your choice, and a different argument entirely. Personally, I do. I look at the world around me, all the amazing wonders. I look at how everything fits together, and how all manners of life couldn't exist without the support of other life. I look at the mountains, the deep oceans, beautiful rivers and waterfalls. I look at the stars in the sky, and at all the wonderful creatures.... and I ask myself? How could this all be chance?

www.youngearth.org...

Psalm 19:1-4

1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
2 Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.
3 There is no speech or language
where their voice is not heard.
4 Their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I think the real reason why white people deny evolution is that deep down inside they're racists and they hate to think that their ancestors were black. That's the real conspiracy here. KKK = NAZIS = CHRISTIANS

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by iWork4NWO

lol. what about black christians?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by one_man24

lol. what about black christians?

They hate to think that they shared ancestors with whites. Deep down inside they find whites ugly as hell.

It's racism both ways.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

lol. we're all the same color on the inside. or when the lights go out, as my friend says. lol

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

You sir, are a troll.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
They don't call it the theory of evolution because it's a proven fact now do they. The entire argument is rather silly in my opinion, and is driven by peoples own, subconscious doubt in their own beliefs.

I wouldn't say I personally subscribe to either one, but rather maintain an open mind about my origin. I accept that at this point in time, I simply don't understand precisely where I came from, or why I'm here. Maybe I will one day, maybe I won't. I'm ok with that. I don't need an explanation of existence in order to exist, and I certainly don't need, or condone, pushing a particular explanation on others who may see it differently. This is why I rarely post in threads such as this, they all attempt to "change the minds" of the opposition.

Until people quit trying to do this (pushing their beliefs on others), we will remain stuck in a vicious cycle of suffering. Wars are fought over ideological differences, and the desire to abolish such differences. When we as a race finally decide that it's acceptable to believe different things, only then will we truly begin to evolve as a species. When we finally quit asking the "other side" to prove their beliefs, we will grow, and begin to realize our potential.

For far too long, both "sides" of this argument have been at each others throat. The "you're wrong and I'm right" mentality has stifled human achievement, and we'll only begin to understand when we all realize that none of us understand our origin.

edit for spelling

[edit on 3/6/2009 by Unit541]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unityrover

You sir, are a troll.

My hypothesis is one of the very few explanations to what drives people to not see (deny) things the way they clearly are.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by iWork4NWO
My hypothesis is one of the very few explanations to what drives people to not see (deny) things the way they clearly are.

No, your hypothesis is simply an illustration of your ignorance. Your posts are obviously meant only to inflame the discussion, and infect this thread with hate.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Until people quit trying to do this (pushing their beliefs on others), we will remain stuck in a vicious cycle of suffering. Wars are fought over ideological differences, and the desire to abolish such differences. When we as a race finally decide that it's acceptable to believe different things, only then will we truly begin to evolve as a species. When we finally quit asking the "other side" to prove their beliefs, we will grow, and begin to realize our potential.
[edit on 3/6/2009 by Unit541]

Would be nice to throw all believers in say the new world and all non-believers to the old world and cut out all traffic and communication between the two sides. Around the time the old world population would be colonising Mars the new world folks would be living at stone age.

edit. We can keep the Buddhists. I think they might be on to something

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by iWork4NWO
I think the real reason why white people deny evolution is that deep down inside they're racists and they hate to think that their ancestors were black. That's the real conspiracy here. KKK = NAZIS = CHRISTIANS

I have often wondered why people who believe in God fail to give him credit for the amazing continuing occurrence of evolution.

Sadly your theory is probably true in many cases.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bignick
6600 years ago, Adam and Eve were cast down on this planet, butt naked.
Being olympic swimming champions, helped them cross the oceans and have babies on each piece of land, who looked nothing like each other or their parents. That is how we came to being, folks! so start praying and 'don't let them tell you that Theory Of Evolution is a fact'.

Also, the millions of species were created by god on the side because he is creative and wants to give us that 'aquarium feel'.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by bignick]

You must not be too bright.

Evolution is fact.

The Theory of Evolution is not a fact.

What's that a Creationist who says Evolution is a fact? That's right.

Next time read the OP. It's all clearly stated.

This isn't the thread where we debate Evolution Vs. Creationism.

It's all clearly stated in my OP, and EVERY other post I've made.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by B.A.C.]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

You obviously are simply not capable of understanding my position. You're suggestion is the polar opposite of my position. Please refrain from even implying that we share any views whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by one_man24
but the truth is that there is as much proof of creationism as evolution.
there is no proof for either, proof only enter into it as a mathmatical equation, many of which you have to break for YEC

algebra an trigonometry al have to be broken for YEC to work, gravity ha to be broken a well

what that website shows is lists of sillyness, wow we carbon dated coal and it gave us a wrong reading ... wow really? that becasue coal is now a mineral, c14 only works with still organic matter thats why it wont date fossils either becasue they are pure mineral

it use's a made up creationist deffintion of macro evolution not a scientific one

it think birds and reptiles are different things, aves (the proper term for birds) are a form of reptile

saying birds and reptiles are different is like saying marsupials and mammals are different ... they are the same thing an your using the wrong terms to allow confusion and fale conclusions

but there are questions that evolution just doesn't have an answer for,
may i be so bold as to ask for an example that doesnt already have 1/2 a dozen evolutionary answers to it and i infact related to evolution ?

I look at how everything fits together, and how all manners of life couldn't exist without the support of other life. I look at the mountains, the deep oceans, beautiful rivers and waterfalls. I look at the stars in the sky, and at all the wonderful creatures.... and I ask myself? How could this all be chance?
i look at them and realise chance doesnt come into it, the anthropic principle and probability account for all of it easily

i dont need to make things up to try and figure it out what already in our universe is more then ample

and not really anything to do with the topic of emantic arguments that aparently apply to everything except god

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541

You obviously are simply not capable of understanding my position. You're suggestion is the polar opposite of my position. Please refrain from even implying that we share any views whatsoever.

No I fully understand your position. I just think that it's never going to happen. The only alternative is peaceful separation. A does A's thing, B does B's, peaceful coexistance over a distance.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Oh god not this stupid argument again.

Learn how science works and read up on the latest peer-reviewed journals involving evolution. That's all I have to say.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join