It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't let them tell you that "The Theory of Evolution" is a fact.

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

I believe in Evolution already. Just not the theory. I think it happens for a different reason. I won't preach the Bible to you, you don't preach the theory to me. Sound fair? Thanks.

Again, this is for another thread.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by B.A.C.

Lol. If only those who want creationism taught in school reasoned the same way.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard
reply to post by B.A.C.

Lol. If only those who want creationism taught in school reasoned the same way.

Nah I think teaching the Bible or other religion is best left for home or church. I don't disagree with The Theory of Evolution being taught either. As long as they make it clear it is a theory.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by B.A.C.

-Word.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Theory: This will be a great thread!

Fact: Insane babble, some points of interest, more insane babble.

Theory: I might learn something.

Fact: I learned you could believe in the fact of evolution but disbelieve in the theory.

Additional Fact: Took 4 hours before swelling of the brain and bleeding subsided after reading previous "fact".

Theory: Ha! Ha! I have won the argument!

Fact: The only thing won is my confidence that those who think they have won are mentally deranged.
-----------------------------------

Now to be semi serious.

While the complete story of evolution is far from being completed there have been many more instances of discoveries that have shown the probability of it's existence than not.

While dinosaur bones alone have no bearing on the science of evolution those rare finds where a certain species proves a link between an extinct animal and one still living do.

What bothers most is not all the evidence in the animal kingdom but the lack of it in regards to modern humans. Creationist can buy into it if it's an animal but cannot fathom him toying with humans.

Unlike religion no scientists run around with a single book claiming the answer to everything within it's covers. Not to mention that said book was written by a people who are so prone to backwards and illogical behavior that even 2000 some odd years later they still try to live as they did back then.

Unlike science where you can challenge a certain idea to make progress in the world's understanding of things, religion forbids this and tells you to do so is questioning the lord himself. In other words if god was the leader of a country he would be a dictator.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

It's pointless discussing this with you. Every example and every comeback you offer has been examined and explained by creation scientists, quite reasonably I might add.

The age of the universe is pure speculation. We don't know a lot about the past. We don't even know what the speed of light was in the distant past.

You are a fine contender for your FAITH.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The defination of Evolution;

plus.aol.com...

In the Universe the species that are out there and here also believe in Evolution and they say the human race is evolving to slowly.

If you look at our Earth history you might see we are just doing another rerun of what our life species has done though out time. Greed, power, control. If we don't change the Planet will kill us off as it always has, she will heal herself and life will start over again, the New Beginning.

This Planet Earth is monitored 24/7 and they wait for us to change.

I think if you sit back and rest your eyes and think a bit you will realize what we are doing to ourselves and this Planet is not good. We are doing the same thing that has been done in the past.

I have seen a "start" to change but it is moving along to slowly and we are at the crossroad on which way we need to go.

Do we allow what is going on with the greedy Elitist to continue and to allow them to continue stealing and raping us of what we try to accomplish.

Why do you work to make them rich?

The many species watching us wait for us to wake.

The wars have to stop, destroying the Earth has to stop. We have to grow not in belief of Religion but we need to wake Spiritually.

This Planet was not meant to be split into boundries it was meant for all to roam freely.

This planet was meant for all to work together for one another we are meant to help/share/love/protect one another.

The basics shelter, food, clothing is something that every man, women and child should have but yet they do not.

We as a race have to change our trinkets aren't important life is important.

We don't think of the people suffering everyday why?because we know it shouldn't be this way. Imagine your loved one suffering and dying because you didn't have Insurance or monies to pay for the medicine that is sitting on a shelf and they won't give it to you.

In plain English they wait for us to change, to do away with war and greed and to do away with boundries, to grow food, build shelters and help one another in everyway and anyway possible. Schools are being taught wrong, everything we have been taught isn't exactly how things are and I think people are starting to realize this.

We need to stop, we need to turn our soil, clean our waters and plant trees in mass so the CO2 we have allowed to take over can be cleaned away.

"The Tree of Life" listen to those words because with the Trees and Plants you get your oxygen, your food and cures for all diseases.

I know what I write will fall on deaf ears and blind eyes but I will continue to write because if one person sees and understands and does something then we are moving one small step forward.

Yes, there is such a thing as Evolution and if we don't start now to correct the wrongs you aren't going to be here but a few more decades so I suggest don't have kids and fall in love with them because your giving them nothing but suffering if you don't start change for the good in mass right now.

They observe
They wait

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Who is the "they" you are referring to?

I'm not quite sure I understand you.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.
reply to post by observe50

Who is the "they" you are referring to?

I'm not quite sure I understand you.

i'd assume it's those beings who created/evolved life on earth. sounds plausible but i think those beings don't care, they just observe us like ants...

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I say there is an "organized conspiracy to influence science education - ATS" by saying that The Theory of Evolution is a fact.

This one little statement "The Theory of Evolution is a fact" will STOP someone from believing anything else. I'm not talking just belief in God, I'm talking about belief in other scientists as well. It isn't true. I can and have proved it. That's why it's VERY important to be perfectly clear.

I can PROVE that "The Theory of Evolution" is NOT a fact.

No more, no less.

Let's start with some science.

I'll define "Theory" and I'll define "Fact" scientifically and I'll do it in a very easy to understand way.

A "Theory" is a plausible way of explaining verifiable observations (facts). en.wikipedia.org... That was simple wasn't it?

A "Fact" is a verifiable observation. en.wikipedia.org... Another simple one.

Now the next time you hear someone say The Theory of Evolution is a fact, you can say NO it isn't and prove it.

Is Evolution a fact? Yes

Is Gravity a fact? Yes

Is The Theory of Gravity a fact? Of course not it's a theory that explains the fact of gravity.

Is the Theory of Evolution a fact? Of course not it's a theory that explains the fact of Evolution.

A Theory is not a Fact. A Fact is not a Theory. A Theory explains Facts.

I bet 90% of Evolutionists and Scientists say The Theory of Evolution is fact. This is proof of the conspiracy.

Or they will admit that the Theory of Evolution is not a fact. Which they will NEVER do. You won't see them admit this basic TRUTH.

The proof will be in this thread.

Edit: It took four pages of arguing on this thread for the first Evolutionist to admit that The Theory of Evolution is not a fact. Evidence of a conspiracy by science and evolutionists? Possibly.

deny ignorance

[edit on 6-3-2009 by B.A.C.]

Whats this!?

Another idiot trying to make out that their bull# religion is worth the paper its written on.

I think it is......

[ HOW IS THIS THREAD STILL GOING! OH ITS ABOUT RELIGION, THIS FIGHT SHOULD BE GOING ON FOR ANOTHER BILLION YEARS! ]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProject

Think what you want.

You're thought's are worth the same as anyone's.

Like you may think "Theory" is "Fact", but you'd be wrong, and I'd be right.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

reply to post by BlackProject

Think what you want.

You're thought's are worth the same as anyone's.

Like you may think "Theory" is "Fact", but you'd be wrong, and I'd be right.

No your right. I have always preached that same message myself. Theory is an 'idea', scientist like to construe this differently and make out its fact.

Still to deny evolution or our connections between other life form on this planet is utter idiocy. That is like saying the bible was not written by man, it just appeared.

I am not one for making out that you should throw away you religion for another persons ' theory' as you believe what you want to believe but when you start throwing stones. Then I have a problem......

Again those that believe in evolution use the word 'theory' to, so they are not stating it as fact.

But which one holds more ground?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProject
No your right. I have always preached that same message myself. Theory is an 'idea', scientist like to construe this differently and make out its fact.

Still to deny evolution or our connections between other life form on this planet is utter idiocy. That is like saying the bible was not written by man, it just appeared.

I am not one for making out that you should throw away you religion for another persons ' theory' as you believe what you want to believe but when you start throwing stones. Then I have a problem......

Again those that believe in evolution use the word 'theory' to, so they are not stating it as fact.

But which one holds more ground?

I believe in Evolution, so I may be the wrong person to ask that question of. I have some problems with the Theory, but I do believe Evolution as a fact.

I think neither hold more ground, as Theory is falsifiable and God isn't. They can't be compared.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix

It's pointless discussing this with you. Every example and every comeback you offer has been examined and explained by creation scientists, quite reasonably I might add.

You wuss. Copping out of the argument cos you just don't understand evolution. Shame. Although I find it amusing you appeal to "creation scientists" as if science will defend you when it categorically doesn't. Besides creation scientists aren't real scientists any way- they start with the conclusion and then try and find evidence, whereas real in real science the conclusions come last and you are lead by the facts.

The age of the universe is pure speculation. We don't know a lot about the past. We don't even know what the speed of light was in the distant past.

I present to you the cooling signature of the big bang and the calculated sxpansion of the universe. Between the two. The finest minds of the last century have given us an age. This isn't difficult stuff.
The speed of light changes constantly depending on the medium it is travelling through but in a vacuum it is C or 299,792,458 metres per second. In physics, it is a universal constant. Although if you consider the idea that light travelled at different speeds in a vacuum in the past as to now, then it's equally likely that the universe is much much older than 13.7 billion years.

You are a fine contender for your FAITH.

Oh yes, well done. Doge the question then mock me whilst insinuating that this is faith (= belief in ignorance). Very mature.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus

Originally posted by mister.old.school
The science of evolution requires no faith, simply observation.

With that in mind, why would you (the rhetorical "you" in this case being the religious who would refuse the science of evolution) not consider that your God had created evolution as the process to naturally perfect his creation?

That is a great question.

I don't understand why people think the fact of evolution negates god.

In the scientific community their is no debate about evolution. It is an observable fact of our reality.

Again, people getting mixed up with "The Theory of Evolution" and "Evolution".

Evolution is a fact, who said any different?

It's the Theories that explains evolution that i don't believe.

"Evolution" the fact is compatible with my belief in God.
"Evolutionary Theories" are not compatible with MY beliefs in God. Though they may be for other believers, you'd have to ask them.

Well don't you think it is easier to change your belief system to make your view on reality compatible.

Changing your preconceived notions would be easier than altering the observable nature of our reality.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

No definitely not. Change my beliefs to fit a theory? I think not.

Every thing I observe in nature is evidence of my Creator, the same evidence that Science uses to justify their beliefs.

Would a Scientist change his belief in Science to justify belief in God?

Belief in God is faith. Belief in Science is evidence. The two can't be compared, though you'd like to try.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by B.A.C.]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I got a question for you people.

Think of a math equation.

4+4 = 8 You have two dimensions of +4 on one side of the = . On the other side you get a totally new dimension in space time "8".

My question is. Can 8 go through the same = and be 4+4 without adding a negative energy in new space time. Would you ever end up with 4+4 again with natural laws.
8 has changes dimension so it ain't automatically 4+4 anymore.

This simple math equation also tels us that we can never go back in time and create exactly what we used to have. So evolution is true. We can only create copy's in new space time of the old dimension.

You can't automatically just flip the old equation 4+4=8 and say that 8=4+4 because 8 has become 8= 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1, That is a different dimension than 4+4.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
It is better to have an idea then believe. Ideas can be changed, Beliefs lead to war, cross burnings, and child rape, just ask the Church.

Even better, when the idea is right. Like Evolution.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JMasters
It is better to have an idea then believe. Ideas can be changed, Beliefs lead to war, cross burnings, and child rape, just ask the Church.

Even better, when the idea is right. Like Evolution.

Which church? I don't agree with Corporate Religion.

An idea can be falsified, God can't. Isn't that weird?

[edit on 14-3-2009 by B.A.C.]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

4+4 IS 8.
It's just another way of looking at it.

Don't really follow what you're saying about the dimensions.
4+4 isn't a dimension and neither is 8.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36 >>

join