It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victory bittersweet for drug liability case victim

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Victory bittersweet for drug liability case victim

news.yahoo.com

Marshfield, Vt. - A Vermont musician who lost her arm after a botched drug injection says the U.S. Supreme Court's decision to uphold a $6.7 million verdict against the pharmaceutical company that made the drug is a victory for consumers.

...with the second injection accidentally puncturing an artery. Gangrene set in. Several weeks later, her right arm was amputated.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.prwatch.org
www.healthbeatblog.com
www.ap-foodtechnology.com
alternet.org

[edit on 3/6/2009 by FRIGHTENER]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Diana Levine certainly deserves her long, hard-fought victory, I think you could agree. I feel very humble, and grateful right now, learning about her story.

Any person losing their right arm because of no fault of their own does...but especially as a musician! Don't you feel like we will never know what beautiful music she could have produced since then?

And I probably shouldn't even get myself riled up about Big Pharma, and all their snafu's and cover-ups, but in Wyeth's case, they've been accused many times before, and it usually went away for them.

I've provided a link to some VERY interesting ties between Wyeth, and congress, and large DONATIONS...please check it, as well as the other links, and answer me this: Isn't it about time a David won a real-life battle against a Goliath?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join