It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object seen twice minutes ago Missouri, Multiple Witnesses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Hey everybody, just set a report to MUFON, thought I would share it with you, all of the times are central standard time, location is St.Joseph Missouri, I will answer any questions, outside waiting with my telescope to see if it appears again, have the laptop with me, so I will get back ASAP given battery life, unfortunately no camera with us except low res cell phone cam. I have 5 witnesses who all saw it, three saw the object through the telescope.

My friends and I had my 8' dobsonian telescope out trying to do some star gazing. There were too many clouds to really see any stars so we decided to just sit around talking. We noticed a light in the southern skies that looked from the naked eye much like Venus. As an amateur astronomer I knew it couldn't be Venus. So I moved my telescope to the object, looking through it, it appeared as a strange teardrop shaped object with something hanging from the end of it. The teardrop shape was obviously on fire, you could see what appeared to flames covering the teardrop shaped part of the craft. It also looked as if from the teardrop shape extending downward was a very faint line of some sort with a solid red light attached to it. After looking at it for about 20-25 seconds while it was stationary it began to rapidly move away, I followed for about 3 seconds with the telescope and lost it, followed with the naked eye for about another 7 seconds before it completely dissapered. Planes could be seen in the area about 15 minutes after the incident, and this object was obviously not a plane.

EDIT: The object returned at 10:56 pm appearing in the exact same place, looked it through the telescope, saw the same thing, moved away again same path.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Winsor]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
UPDATE

MUFON put some field investigators on the case and had myself and the other witnesses draw pictures of the object as seen through the telescope. Here are two of the pictures. The first is a drawing I made, the second is a painting from another witness.

Edit: first picture didn't show up properly when embedding here is the link
files.abovetopsecret.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0f3ff454149.jpg[/atsimg]

any guesses at what could have been seen are appreciated.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by Winsor]

[edit on 12-3-2009 by Winsor]

new topics

join