It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A bizarre universe may be lurking in the shadows

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Coincidentally I found this mix show last night after I posted here so I've already listened to it and yes it was excellent. Thank you!

With regards to a possible link between dark matter and the paranormal I note that when the idea of a fourth spacial dimension was posited in the Victorian era many people (including serious scientists) saw this as a potential explanation for paranormal phenomena, as it would explain ghosts abilities to move through objects, for example.

There's always a temptation to leap on any unknown in science as an explanation of other unknowns but it doesn't mean that ultimately there will be any link.

Then again it doesn't mean there won't either and as far as I know no one has ever proved ghosts don't exist in the fourth dimension.

I will admit I know very little about dark matter, what it is supposed to be or why scientists think it exists. I'd love to read your paper though, I'll u2u my email address.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The metaphysical, the singularity(ies) closing up (we are actually approaching, reaching for them). Our science will not be able to understand them because it is objective-oriented, and the metaphysical is not an object, it is the Force.

That is the so much awaited Transition, because our world of particularized objectivity is nearing exhaustion.

Get spiritual!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
IF you don't understand the way to attribute, through Math.....a Matrix....times another Matrix....iti is accomplished by math, row by column.....

Well this is extreme Algebra.

It is the beginnings to understanding Quantum Physics.....

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

the UMMO speak of the dimension of the soul as a dimension of infinite mass being there everywhere

spiritual people speaks of god being there everywhere

some personal intuition is telling me that gravity law has to be rethought from scratch

I also believe (but i might be wrong) that Einstein was always looking for this thing, that Ed leedskanin came real close,

as well as Tesla : cf his encounter with Swami Vivekananda - a master of the study of the vedas - that contains similar concepts:

learn more about this encounter:

quanta-gaia.org...

trailfire.com...

www.google.com...

as a farraginous conclusion, all this different sources pointing to the same "idea" gives lots of consistency to these studies

-> it's time to remodel all our scientific views of the physical world and its universal laws (welcome in a new paradigm as would say r and Dangerdeath)

(edit ps DD: didin't see your post before mentionning you !)

[edit on 8-3-2009 by ::.mika.::]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ::.mika.::

D0 you know the concept of the Algbraeic concept of a 'Matrix' multiplied by another Matrix????

IF NOT......then, you needs to goes to schoools....and learn Calculuous....so you can discuss!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by cognoscente
reply to post by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

I think we could define a universe as distinct region of space, which operates within the uniformity of a set of fundamental forces.

We could, but where's the fun in that?!

Imagine if we could just ever so slightly tweak the different values for each of the fundamental physical forces in our universe. If gravity were disturbed somehow, then all the possible configurations of matter would be so abruptly different to produce a universe that is ever so completely indistinguishable from this one.

I see the fundamental forces (you do mean EM, Strong, Weak and Gravity right?) as effects, rather than a cause, we see these 'bleed over' from what you would consider 'outside', the base level of energy that all things are created from, this is what I believe we see, when we see the 'effects' of Dark matter, Dark energy or ZPE, so even though they may manifest individually, they are all related at the point of origin, thats how I see it anyway.

You could imagine some kind of barrier between the universes. If you consider the prefix, "uni" in the word universe, then you could imagine a universe being a set of uniform physical constants. What exists outside this set, exists in another universe.

luth2.obspm.fr...
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 6-3-2009 by cognoscente]

I see what you're saying, each universe is defined by it's own characteristics, allowing for multiple individual universi (you like?). What would we call all of it, all the universi?! I just refer to it as 'The All' when talking, vague I know but it's easier.

I think it would be hilarious if it turned out that what we know of the 'universe' is merely an island and what we thought was the edge of the universe, is really just the ocean seperating us from another one of these islands.

If that didn't humble us, I don't know what would.

EMM

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarrsAttax
Isnt gravity real time. Look at light, it takes 8 minutes to travel to earth, but gravity is "real time" and instantaneous, there is no time lag. How do you explain that?

Why confuse the speed of light with that of gravity?

Gravity exerts it's force on us and hence we have weights. But the "force" exerted by the Sun on the planets, earth on moon etc results in the orbits of these bodies. Isnt gravity a force then?

Gravity can't exert anything; as far as we can tell it seems to be a property, not a thing!

This is the common sense view but in fact it is wrong. Gravity is subject to the speed of light just like everything else.

And there have been arguments against that notiong since the very start.

If the sun were to suddenly disappear the earth would continue orbiting the place where the sun had been for eight minutes before hurtling off in one direction. Crazy but true!

Crazy yes, not apparently true thought.

This is because gravity is the warping of spacetime around mass. The more mass an object has, the more it warps spacetime and the greater the gravitational attraction it exerts.

And that presumes that'space' can be interacted with ; aka that it's a fluid/gas or has mass in general. Since that view has been solidly rejected ( even if underlying presumed in these instances) it provides another instance where the science estalisbment attempts to have it's cake and eat it too.

The usual analogy is to imagine a bowling ball on a water bed. The ball warps the rubber surrounding it so that if you were to roll a marble towards it the marble's path would be deflected. The difference is that rather than warping a 2 dimensional sheet (the bed) an object like the sun warps a four dimensional sheet (spacetime).

Why would the marble role towards it's when it necessarly creates it's only little local gradient 'well' in the supposed larger gradient and stays at rest? Having just explained gravity as the warping space-time what additional force/property is being invoked to get the marble moving; without gravity as we know it there is no known cause for objects moving 'downhill' or at all accelerating.

If you lift up the bowling ball the bed would spring back but it wouldn't be instantaneous.

Why not?

If you could film it and slow it down you would see the bed spring back in a wave - the center returning to its original position before the outer edge of the 'warping'. Removing the sun would cause a similar effect with spacetime snapping back at the speed of light.

Not borne out in experiment even if your description covers the most oft cited theory.

It's quite difficult to get your head round this concept, not sure I have myself.

Don't worry, most physcists don't seem to 'get' it either or , alternatively' are involved in a rather large conspiracy.

I got all this information from 'Hyperspace' by Michio Kaku, a fantastic book which I thoroughly recommend.

I reccommend Tom Van Flandern's article's and work on Metaresearch:

metaresearch.org...
metaresearch.org...

He has a book , that i have not read, as well:

www.amazon.com...

I have been following his work ( even if i came a few decades too late) for some years now and to say that it's both novel ( simplicty) and well understood is perhaps the greatest compliment you can pay it. This is the stuff good conspiracies are made of!

Stellar

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

wtf is your point ?

i'm answering the opening post, is there a problem with you with that ?

of course i know what is a mathematical matrix.

[mathematics are just a perfect language that has not much to do with reality since it is all based on an imperfect axiom :
(0 )
or (1)
however if you add
or (nor 0 nor 1)
or (and 0 and 1)

then you can start again all mathematics research from scratch (have fun)
]
yourself do you have any idea of what's in the vedas ? (get educated gamin)

[edit on 8-3-2009 by ::.mika.::]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by ::.mika.::

D0 you know the concept of the Algbraeic concept of a 'Matrix' multiplied by another Matrix????

IF NOT......then, you needs to goes to schoools....and learn Calculuous....so you can discuss!!!!!!

Calculus is not creative...
You better reconsider. It is much better to not-calculate.

The perception (gravity) is what we observe on the "substance". It springs directly form that fact. Read Spinoza...
It (gravity) is immanent to the concept of space. It cannot move "through" space because space cannot "move" through space.

There is no such thing as "graviton" which can be moved from it's precise "position" (coordinate) to another position.

Modern science is all about manipulation. Sorry, you can't manipulate principles.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by DangerDeath]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Found another term for the many universe, Multiverse?
There's lot of good links in thread.
These duds are saying this is all Hologram, and we have the readers in brain, Quantum Entanglement, everything is connected.
They also said everthing has intelligence, even rocks, so that explains how my brain still works.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by googolplex]

<< 1  2  3   >>

join