It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A bizarre universe may be lurking in the shadows

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

That is very interesting the only thing I have a problem with, is something pulling from out side of known universe.
It's hard to grasp something out side in the nothing unless a large amout of Dark Matter was created in first instance of Bang.
And is it possible if is such thing as Hawking Radiation exist, is what it is converted in to, is Dark Matter?
If this were so then seems would still end in closed universe.
And to say the Dark Matter has gravity, but it is not effected by own Dark matter gravity, only gravity effect, other matter.
It still seem gravity rules whether, dark or light variety? More Gravity?

That would be interesting massless gravity, it would have no effect on dark matter only matter, but how could it have gravity with out mass?

[edit on 6-3-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Found this interesting link which says that Universe is not expanding uniformly in all directions

The Universe Is Not Expanding Uniformly

Does this mean that the dark matter is not uniformly scattered in the universe. How would it affect space time and would distortions in space time be different in different reigons of the universe?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Great stuff this dark matter... just from the point of view of someone who has little understanding of it all, it could and very well may, explain a lot of things..

I'm just gonna throw a few examples of what I mean...

Dark matter as a constant in the universe, basically the 'glue' that holds everything together and makes everything 'work'.

There has to be some binding force that makes everything combine in a manner that makes sense for life, and death, to exist. A way to express that is quite simple... We need food to live, so we take from our environment to sustain ourseves until we die, then the environment takes from our dead bodies to replenish itself.. same process with exploded stars and new stars and planets...

Dark matter must be involved in this process of recycling. It must have some responsibility in keeping the cosmic 'soup' stirred.

It also throws a spanner in the works for the ideas of gods. An omnipresent force that is all seing, all knowing.. has power over all, controls everything, including fate and luck and chance etc..

This could also be a step towards answering a lot of other questions like how do ET's travel?
Are they dimensional beings? Are they fronm other Galaxies? Or both?
Either way, dark matter may play an important part in spacial travel, even time.

And is this just another thing we have learnt from UFO's that have crashed or been shot down? Is this data just stolen technology and slowly being leaked out to the public.. like several other issues are believed to be, like the micro chip and fibre optics. Examples of how far behind the public are in knowledge is reflected with the Nazi's atempts at UFO shaped craft and the eventual release of the stealth bomber.

We have learnt that there are 11 dimensions.. and that there may very well be a multiverse. Some have the idea that black holes steal resouces from a living universe and spew it out into empty parts outside the universe only to give birth to new universes. (just what is the plural of universe anyway?)

Dark matter is very important in my opinion. I think it is going to unlock a lot of new doors and lead to new avenues of technology and exploraton.
It may even provide limitless power with just a simple recepticle to capture that power.. far simpler than solar or wind power collection..

I feel we live in, are surrounded, and influenced by this dark matter.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

(just what is the plural of universe anyway?)

Me and my friend were talking about this the other day, well, sort of. If our 'universe' was discovered to be one of many, all intricately connected, then wouldn't the whole, then be considered the universe?! What would we call ours? (In other words, the 'universe' is the culmination of everything, so it can never be a plural, I think?)

As for Dark matter, personally, I think it is a latent energy, the base energy that everything is created from, how, I don't know. Maybe what we see are merely refractions of what this energy is, moulds in this foam of energy that pools with 'matter' (which IMO is just condensed energy).

I used to argue for a while that Dark Matter doesn't exist and is just a process of explaining the unexplainable, something that I believe our current Scientific minds (or most of them) are very good at. I now believe that it is just something mislabled, same as a black hole.

I'm probably wrong, but it helps me think.

EMM

[edit on 6-3-2009 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
THis is a theory made up of NO science and purely the thoughts in my head....

How about Dark matter fits into the religious realm, for instance, amongst the Christian faith, out of the darkness, into the light etc. Once we die, we leave the physical world of light, into the world of dark (only when we die we will be in a "dimension" to see what exists within the dark matter)

Like I say, don't expect any science on that

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Mulipule Universes, Mupitle Bangs. Once time is nolong a factor you could have googols of Bangs occuring in what would seem the same instant.

Some would be very close as to be very similar, others would have drastic difference.

What is really funny is that all of this has already occurred, the Universe is like a fluid that moves and changes with your thought.
Like the saying oh you think your center of universe, everything revolves around you, maybe it does there is more than enough Universes to go around.
It would even be conservation of energy, because really there is none.
You could be in your Universe not knowing, yours over laps someone elses Universe.
If you notice a lot of people are talking about this now, positive thought change the direction you are going.
This is like Movie Sphere we are still within the singlarity, but unaware of fact.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
reply to post by Extralien

Mulipule Universes, Mupitle Bangs. Once time is nolong a factor you could have googols of Bangs occuring in what would seem the same instant.

Some would be very close as to be very similar, others would have drastic difference.

What is really funny is that all of this has already occurred, the Universe is like a fluid that moves and changes with your thought.
Like the saying oh you think your center of universe, everything revolves around you, maybe it does there is more than enough Universes to go around.
It would even be conservation of energy, because really there is none.
You could be in your Universe not knowing, yours over laps someone elses Universe.
If you notice a lot of people are talking about this now, positive thought change the direction you are going.
This is like Movie Sphere we are still within the singlarity, but unaware of fact.

nice belief system

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
This kind of off subject, but if you watch television, those scientist have a kind of dismal end in store for the end of the Universe.

The one thing they leave out of there equations, is the inhabatants of this universe, once this thing gets going in say give it 100,000,000 or 200,000,000 years try and imagine the things that will be going on.

What we have done in past 200 years, will be joke by comparison.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I think this dark matter helps explain and back up the theory that the Indians have regarding Bigfoot:

Indians almost all believe Bigfoot is a non-physical creature. Some Indian tribes mention that they have seen the creature transform into a wolf. Some say he is a shape shifter, who can change his form at will to many creature or inanimate forms to blend with his surroundings or fulfill his needs, which explains why only a few have been seen.

Others think that these creatures live in another dimension from the physical plane, but can come here as they desire. Indians also believe Bigfoot has great psychic abilities, reports of sightings show the creature can be visible to some people, while at the same time remain invisible to others in the same group. There are many reports from non-Indians who saw the creature after a UFO sighting. And others that have searched for, and researched Bigfoot for years are coming to the conclusion that the creature is a spiritual being, because he can appear or disappear at will.

www.petandwildlife.com...

[edit on 6-3-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Ummm... I think you have the wrong thread mate! How you made such a relationship defies comprehension. Dark Matter explains Bigfoot? Now I have heard it all!

IRM

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by Bombeni

Ummm... I think you have the wrong thread mate! How you made such a relationship defies comprehension. Dark Matter explains Bigfoot? Now I have heard it all!

IRM

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Indians and other people believe Bigfoot lives in another dimension that he can come in and out of at will. That explains how there have been sightings of Bigfoots for hundreds of years, yet not one shred of physical evidence ever found.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

If gravity was a force

Isnt gravity real time. Look at light, it takes 8 minutes to travel to earth, but gravity is "real time" and instantaneous, there is no time lag. How do you explain that? Gravity exerts it's force on us and hence we have weights. But the "force" exerted by the Sun on the planets, earth on moon etc results in the orbits of these bodies. Isnt gravity a force then?

This is the common sense view but in fact it is wrong. Gravity is subject to the speed of light just like everything else.

If the sun were to suddenly disappear the earth would continue orbiting the place where the sun had been for eight minutes before hurtling off in one direction. Crazy but true!

This is because gravity is the warping of spacetime around mass. The more mass an object has, the more it warps spacetime and the greater the gravitational attraction it exerts. The usual analogy is to imagine a bowling ball on a water bed. The ball warps the rubber surrounding it so that if you were to roll a marble towards it the marble's path would be deflected. The difference is that rather than warping a 2 dimensional sheet (the bed) an object like the sun warps a four dimensional sheet (spacetime).

If you lift up the bowling ball the bed would spring back but it wouldn't be instantaneous. If you could film it and slow it down you would see the bed spring back in a wave - the center returning to its original position before the outer edge of the 'warping'. Removing the sun would cause a similar effect with spacetime snapping back at the speed of light.

It's quite difficult to get your head round this concept, not sure I have myself. I got all this information from 'Hyperspace' by Michio Kaku, a fantastic book which I thoroughly recommend.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Perhaps our universe has an anti-universe. Anti-matter could be escaping from the anti-universe and destroying matter in our universe and vice-versa. Gravity and anti-gravity interchanging and being destroyed so that our universe and the anti-universe keep expanding until they eventually touch then - BANG - Big Crunch!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'm very skeptical of the whole dark matter / dark energy theory's to me it seems like they are just invented up to protect the big bang theory from contradictory evidence like the size of the super clusters.

To me the jump to the big bang just from the observation of red shift is a pretty big one and as for the background noise how do we know it isn't just the noise of stars or something similar.

A random thought I had a while back though mostly while reading up on the LHC and the particle collisions in the atmosphere was maybe microscopic black holes are dark matter as for dark energy I guess it comes back to red shift again.

All in all though I don't think we humans will ever be able to get it 100% right but you never know what the future holds.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

Dark matter does not exist and gravity is the original meaning of weight. It's not a force, it's simply weight. (example: Hey so and so, what is your gravity in lbs meaning "how much do you weight in pounds?")

If gravity was a force, then it would change dramatically with density of an object as if you could add more invisible force in proportion to the density that the "graviton" is packed in then it would stand, but science is not needed to know this, only bowling balls....lol

If you have a 1 ton brick of lead and a 1 ton boulder, though the size may change, one ton is one ton. The brick of lead may be way smaller then the stone, but they have the same gravity. If gravity were an outside variable, then the force acting on the lead as opposed to the stone, and vice versa would vary, but that is not the case.

Peace

I think you are on a good track here.

My idea is that gravity is perception. No perception - no gravity.

Gravity is a feeling, after all, isn't it?

We feel gravity the same way we feel light. We have no other way of "knowing" about it, do we?

Now, the question is what causes such "amassing" of gravity (perception) in certain places: planets, stars, etc.

Unified field of perception?
Metamorphic field?

Gravity is a central force, it doesn't have poles, directions. It is directly connected to mass, it actually is mass - which is perception.

If it cannot be perceived it doesn't exist (as matter). And there is no gravity.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MarrsAttax

This is because gravity is the warping of spacetime around mass. The more mass an object has, the more it warps spacetime and the greater the gravitational attraction it exerts. The usual analogy is to imagine a bowling ball on a water bed.

How can you wrap space when space is an attribute?
This is such nonsense and coming from the "greatest minds" like Einstein, since they couldn't find a sensible explanation for what they perceive.

Space is an attribute of existence. The means of existing in space is movement (movement being the principle of discernment, division).
Space consists of infinite number of points of which each has its own "coordinates". They (points) are all different by designation. The difference between two points is movement. Distance is movement. How we perceive "movement" is clearly matter of the way our perception works, it has nothing to do with principles. You can not say that space can be "wrapped" or "stretched" just because that's how you "see" it.

So much energy has been wasted on proving that space is "material", that it has density. Space has no material, perceptual, empirical properties.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

Just goes to show how tentative our understanding of the Universe really is, we've got Dark Matter and Dark Energy and no one really knows what they are but we think they make up the majority of our Universe. And now they're making up new exotic forms of it, as though the idea of some invisible mysterious Dark Matter wasn't exotic enough (for the layman at least). Perhaps this mysterious matter is some sort of All-Matter, a bunch of formless electromagnetic energy that, when passed through a white hole or some other process can become new matter... Or maybe its "The Force" from Star Wars, after all, the scientists claim its everywhere

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Hmmm... Here's a simple (and possibly wrong) short version:

Gravity seems to be a constant, and acts almost instantly.

Quantum 'entanglements' are also instantaneous, and can also be anywhere.

Dark Matter may have an effect on gravity

Could Dark Matter be supremely entangled quantum particles?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I would like to bring up another implication of dark matter which is explained in the following article.

Travel by bubble might seem more appropriate for witches in Oz, but two physicists suggest that a future spaceship could fold a space-time bubble around itself to travel faster than the speed of light. We're talking about the very distant future, of course.

The idea involves manipulating dark energy — the mysterious force behind the universe's ongoing expansion — to propel a spaceship forward without breaking the laws of physics.

Full Article Here

<< 1    3  4 >>

join