It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will ex-military 'Patriots' form a more dangerous kind of militias? (Video)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
Anyway, first of all i wasn't talking about this thing happening during bootcamp. Many if not most soldiers "might" not follow through with an order to fire at unarmed Americans, but as i was saying, there are quite a few that would follow orders without blinking. Now, what happens if the rest of the military personnel, Marines, soldiers, sailors, airmen are not given a choice?

I hope nothing like this happens. I don't condone any violence, however, in order to protect my family, friends, myself or an innocent civilian, I would defend them nomatter what. Lets hope that enough of our brothers and sisters in the military, and even civilians would do the same, and even if they are told that if they don't follow orders, someone else would kill their families, that our brothers and sisters don't fall for such tactics, and decide not to follow through such orders.

After everything that I have read, It seems as if I must speak up.

The UNITEDS STATES MILITARY IS NOT GOING TO TUN AGAISNT IT'S OWN CITIZENS!!!!!!!

NO General under any US Command will give any order to act against it's own U.S. citizens.

If this ever happens, there are counter measures in place to defeat
!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I believe this may be why the new assault weapon ban will be put into place. It will essentially make the militias weaker by making large capacity magazines and certain military style weapons illegal. If the militias acquire such items anyways, they will be deemed criminals or worse yet, "terrorists"

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
This is how the this country was formed. We must stand in the face of FEAR, and everything else that stands in the way of our total commitment to be free.\\\

RESEARCH YOUR LAWS AND N WHAT IS BEING PASSED IN TOUR STATE.

EYE OF EAGLE

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I for one have been discussing this amongst other groups as well.. (this video that is)..

I have seen people do so much as to call this young man a terrorist, a traitor, even a racist (LMAO @ that one..)

This video is a reminder that we are free. It is a reminder that we have the right, and it is even our duty to throw off tyrannical government.

Our country was founded on our rights that no one can take from us. For all the laws that they make against what patriots are trying to do today.. they are invalid.. they are not Constitutional. They can throw me in jail for the rest of my life if or when I am forced to take up arms against my government, that doesn't mean that I committed a crime, it means I will be unlawfully held.

I could give a s**t less if 99% of this country wanted to move towards a liberal-big-buddy-do-right-government.. this isn't the place.

The US Constitution and my State Constitution are my rules of law, nothing more..

EDITED FOR LANGUAGE by: ME

[edit on 6-3-2009 by brohes]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
That's all fine and good.......but you will find that convincing the sleeping masses to wake to be more difficult than you could possibly imagine.

You see,the most hopelessly enslaved are those who falsely believe themselves to be free,they will fight to keep the lie alive.

Those in the military are still brainwashed,or they would have gotten themselves out,regardless of the method of escaping it.

The corporations with all the wealth are the core of the problem,and they have the resources to carry through the fight to the end.

When enough people are unemployed and homeless,they may wake up a bit,but it will be too late because their logistics chain has been broken.

The biggest fight there will be will be with one another,looking for someone to blame for their mis-fortune.

So uniquely american.

Fine...Blame yourselves,pick yoursleves up,shut up,and fkn get busy with that which must be done.

Response=Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The true enemy is complacency.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
*All of you who have voiced your willingness to engage you government in combat or who have announced to the world your potential for radical extremism should be more cautious.

Some of these statements are made to encourage self-incrimination. Suspected terrorists have no rights/can be tortured/disappeared/renditioned etc.

Be aware of that when you are saying things like this - ask yourself why you are saying it - then consider the consequences of such indiscretions as these:

"I would join! Sign me up! "

"Sign me up."

"you will see me on the front lines dying in VEIN..."

"If you are going to speak, then speak loud to where everyone can hear you."
(This one is suspicious as it encourages other members to make the sort of incriminating statements that I have just cited)

Making such declarations are a surefire way to land yourself on a government list of some sorts. Next time you are at the airport and they tell you that you are on a 'no-fly list' - consider your statements on this thread.

It's a 'Post 9/11 World' - Smell the Freedom.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
It's all about that Last of the Mohicans soundtrack playing in the background of the vid. I've gotta say, I watched it and couldn't help but feel empowered (and I'm not even American). The guy's speech caused something deep within me to rise up - quite emotional actually. When I get that feeling - kind of like a tingling - I usually take it as a spiritual sign that this is the right course of action. I surprise myself by saying that because I'm usually a level-headed guy, but I think if we were all honest with ourselves we'd admit that the US 'government', the British 'government' and the EU have vastly overstepped their boundaries and that it's time we reclaimed our right to freedom.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

As I said before.. I don't see my comments as being radical.. comments are not radical, actions are. Also, I will only take up arms against the government in defense of the Republic or my own individual rights.. this is my right and duty, therefore it cannot be labeled as radical or extremist.

When I joined the military, I swore an oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies. period. By that oath I could have taken up arms a loooooong time ago.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dbriefed
I'm ex-military, I love our country and took an oath to defend the constitution, I would join! Sign me up!

Of course, I left the military 20 years ago, and I still think I'm 20 years old. Maybe I'd just get in the way. I'll just type from my armchair...

No sir you would never "be in the way" this is your country and you are an extremely valuable part of it. It will take all of us to stop the madness that is unfolding not just a few, as retired Military myself I am proud to call all veterans my brothers, we will not stand and watch our beloved Republic be destroyed. We are a Constitutional Republic not a democracy, what is the difference? in a Constitutional Republic your rights granted by the Constitution cannot be taken away by majority vote. So in effect ALL laws that infringe on our right to keep and bear arms are unconstitutional

Sailor

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
America is a country, like any other country. And like any other country whose military has been used against its own people, and almost every country has had this happen, so too can it happen in America.

Remember that the constitution pays attention to this very fact not because it could never happen, but because it absolutely COULD happen.

To anyone who thinks the military can never turn on your own people - you are the most misguided soul amongst them all - your founding fathers proclaimed two dangers above all else for you to follow and adhere to - beware of religion and your government - you have ignored BOTH.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
How many "patriots" do you think it will take... and with such a dispersion in a vast country, how would you coordinate city / state / nationwide?

I don't think there's nearly enough who would join up or revolt. A few riot's perhaps, but they close the area's down on a city / state basis, and then you're dealing with the lies... what happens if the MSM reports rioting caused by an infection outbreak ... no bleeding hearts in other states, it's now a containment issue. True, or not
a 'patriotic' military receive orders to quarantine and 'control', I'm willing to bet you'd shoot down anyone trying to escape and spread the fictitious disease, regardless of how you wear your flag.

OK that's a little too like all the zombie movies of late. the point is can enough rise up before the quell and the squash? Not likely.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dbriefed
I'm ex-military, I love our country and took an oath to defend the constitution, I would join! Sign me up!

Of course, I left the military 20 years ago, and I still think I'm 20 years old. Maybe I'd just get in the way. I'll just type from my armchair...

No; you're *not* too old. Fight with the tools you have, like your keyboard and the pen. Work to educate and wake up our sheeple.

If open hostilities break out, transition to the battlefield and help bleed the brainwashed soldiers that are doing the bidding of these f****** criminals.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by EYEOFEAGLE

After everything that I have read, It seems as if I must speak up.

The UNITEDS STATES MILITARY IS NOT GOING TO TUN AGAISNT IT'S OWN CITIZENS!!!!!!!

NO General under any US Command will give any order to act against it's own U.S. citizens.

If this ever happens, there are counter measures in place to defeat
!!!!!!!!!

The majority our our military will follow orders and will do what they are told. In the event an anti-authoritarian movement sweeps US troops, this "government" will call in troops from treaty-bound countries or from the UN.

Want to see how American citizens will be treated? You only have to look at Iraq.

Death squads (aka Salvadorian solution)
Torture
Murder
Kidnapping
Theft
Destruction of private property
Collective punishment

link   
Ex army here when shtf you can bet your lucky stars ill be fighting the good fight. I just wish if somethings going to happen hurry up sadly im kind of sick of waiting.

link   
reply to post by EYEOFEAGLE

count me in - anymore personal discussions, plans should not be posted here. U2U me. we do need to atleast be prepared for what is to come. i know it will come, its just a matter of when. God Bless America.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pr0t0
How many "patriots" do you think it will take... and with such a dispersion in a vast country, how would you coordinate city / state / nationwide?

I don't think there's nearly enough who would join up or revolt. A few riot's perhaps, but they close the area's down on a city / state basis, and then you're dealing with the lies... what happens if the MSM reports rioting caused by an infection outbreak ... no bleeding hearts in other states, it's now a containment issue. True, or not
a 'patriotic' military receive orders to quarantine and 'control', I'm willing to bet you'd shoot down anyone trying to escape and spread the fictitious disease, regardless of how you wear your flag.

OK that's a little too like all the zombie movies of late. the point is can enough rise up before the quell and the squash? Not likely.

How many people would join up? Well, in the Militia boom of the mid 90's you seen upward of 1million Militia members after the Brady Bill was passed by Clinton. That was nothing compared to what this country is going though in this day and time. Let the economy slip a little further.. the taxes rise and the jobs fall.. then try to start taking away weapons that no longer have anything to lose. I believe you will be surprised.

I'm not asking anyone to join a movement, take up arms against the government.. I'm not even asking anyone to vote here. I'm just stating- for the record- I will die free before I live captive. Hands down.

This country is great, people can do as the choose, BUT, no one, government or not, can take away the rights that would be mine weather or not we had the Constitution that stated it.

"From my cold dead hands.."

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Since one of our finest posted this video about defending the Constitution, I had an idea about what can be done, going forward, in the event our "Dear Leader" decides that he needs to crack down on us with FEMA and foreign troops. Concerning Our "Dear Leader's" eligability to sit as POTUS, The law states that if the POTUS is found to be a usurper, all the laws and directives issued under him become null and void. So in the event he wants to use the powers granted to him and initiate martial law, I think that those who are "awake" should storm the Vital Statistics building in Hawaii to obatain Barack Obama's file containing his birth cert, or lack thereof. People should also do the same to Occidental College's records dept and Columbia U's records dept. If the people have the proof that he is a usurper, then his martial law declaration becomes null and void. What do you think?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I actually think it would be the Feds that would be our only enemy. I believe that the cops when it comes down to will protect and serve the people, for once, like they were sworn too.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Please take a gander at the following link to read a part of Henry David Thoreau's highly influential essay, On the Duty of Civil Disobedience.

Go to a library and check out, or better yet, consider purchasing Walden and Civil Disobedience through Amazon (link provided), E-bay, Barnes & Noble, etc...

People in America are complacent. Worse yet, this division still exists in an America that has grown to expect some kind of government to provide them with something that could actually be better provided by people who recognize that they are already free. If you are an American, I hate to remind you that the young man in this video has nailed it when he reminds us that the individuals we vote for work for us... not the other way around.

Also, in my humble opinion, this following video is far more chilling. I apologize if it has been posted on ATS before:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Let me ask all you "patriots" something - what are you fighting against here?

All you "patriots" talk about defending the Constitution - yet you know nothing about the Constitution.

All you "patriots" talk about government oppression - I have yet to see any oppression.

All you "patriots" speak as if the president has already committed some unspeakable atrocity, one that eclipses that of the worst atrocities committed by previous presidents - what is that crime? You talk about the Constitution, freedom, and rights, yet you stop at nothing to accuse others of crimes you cannot even properly identify.

On that last point, where you "patriots" these last eight years? Why wasn't this movement flourishing then as much as it is now? Could it be due to personal political (and perhaps, racial) bias?

The way I see it, this is all part of a trend. We saw this when Clinton got into office and these so-called "patriots" murdered and injured hundreds of Americans during the 1990s. This is a minority movement of children who don't understand what it means to be a nation and wail and gnash their teeth when things do not go their way.

I've seen so much of this anti-government diatribe, but there is absolutely no substance behind it. You all are railing against a phantom, an illusionary threat that doesn't exist. Can you spell "conspiracy theorist?"

EDIT: I echo the fears of those who speak of this resurgent far-right movement. I would not put it ast this movement to wage the sort of violence we saw the last time an "anti-American" president was in office.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by sweatmonicaIdo]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join