It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awake, Asleep or Paranoid and Bored

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I have come to the conclusion that I belong to a very small minority of people. Out of all the people I know, close, casual, family etc. I know of only one person (brother in-law) who seems to show any interest in anything beyond their jobs, kids, social life.

Any time the subject of UFO's, Supernatural, Conspiracy, or even geo events comes up, there is almost a glazed look that comes over peoples eyes.

the responses...

Aliens and the Supernatural = induces wide grins, a joke
Conspiracy's = Hollywood
Geo = Oh yeah, I recycle that is the full depth of any conversation

So my question is, why do some of us have this burning desire to know the answers (or do we need to believe in something else to survive) Or are we just bored or paranoid thinking we cannot trust anyone.

While others have zero desire for this stuff. My wife cannot handle any conversations about any of this. (although I did get her to watch Zeitgeist recently)

I don't even understand my own need for this....

Does anyone know more than a few people in their lives who share their views or are we truly that small a group?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
i understand what you mean. I've started university this year and i have met absolutly no one who wants to look into it or understand, and 2 of me housmates are doing jurnolism and i do philosophy. I would of realy thought philosophy students in my class at least would be interested in these subject.

I know it sounds old fasioned, but i do recon its the influence of TV. I dont watch it, infact i only watch one program and thats south park, and i watch that on the internet to save breaks.
However, everyone else here watch's quite a bit of TV, soaps, cop programs, the lot.

How much TV do you watch compared with your friends that are not interested in any of this??

When i say everyone else here watch's quite a bit of TV, then listing awful genres of TV, i mean at university. Just realised i sounded as if i said everyone on ATS has terrible TV taste

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Trolloks]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I watch a few things... CSI (vegas), Family Guy, and some scifi channel stuff. But one thing I do notice is the amount of people I know who are reality tv junkies.

Personally I cannot stand reality tv. I prefer to spend my time playing guitar, writing and reading all I can on history, preferably ancient history and religion.

edit *spelling

[edit on 5-3-2009 by PowerSlave]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I've found that most people don't want the truth. I think it scares them, or they know that if they go down that road it will be a distraction from the important things in life (job, etc that you listed).

The Celestine Prophecy was a book I read when I was still young enough to not be part of the system yet, and it's why I continue to use my mind today as much as I can.

I think most people just eventually give up, because they 'know' they will never find the truth.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
pritty much the exact same as me, i forgot about family guy,lol and dr who.
Reality TV does some how have some dyson suction power that i am currently unaware of, i like my stuff to be written down before it is acted/read/sung whatever.

It could be something from an earlier age (speaking as people who are interested). Many people who are TV junkies tend to look up and idealise the people on TV (even people on TV act like other people on TV) however, i guess if you dont idealise people on TV, you tend to go into deeper ground and idealise people who did something influencial. Maybe a book, song, relative, friend, teacher, etc, real people bassicaly. I guess, that because these things do tend to leak into each other (music, books, philosophy, etc) it encourages is too look further into these subjects, even if we dont realise it.

All speculation at the moment, but deffently something im goin to try and ponder on and try and fugure out though.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
If someone shared my values, I would keep my distance from that person, since it would confirm my belief that there is seriously something wrong with them.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
You can't force people to take the red pill when they've spent their whole life taking the blue pill.

I share your struggle. Some people are so engrossed in their lives they choose to stay in it rather than exploring what the world and universe really is. They refuse to search outside their lives. Life isn't about a job or a paycheck. It's not about making sure you can pay bills on time. We're trapped in a vicious cycle of daily chaos thats nearly impossible to break free of. That cycle blocks people from really seeing what's out there and just thinking outside the box. Ignorance is not their fault...its just because they haven't opened their mind wide enough yet. Now it is far more important than ever to keep wondering and thinking about whats out there as the world starts to lose hope in these tough times. You most likely spent a lot of your time researching, thinking, and now much like me, you have a hard time living your average life without thinking of whats really out there. I am distracted all day long by these questions. If there's one thing I've noticed though...its this generation is light years ahead of prior generations when it comes to acceptance and an open mind. Our generation is poised to save and clean up the mess that has been left for us. To expose the lies and learn the truths. You probably feel like you live a lie or a charade...I can relate as well. We we're meant for more than this. The universe is far too large for all the b.s. we continue to live by. Our reality is twisted. Our lives are lies. We've been pushed into a slave society incapable of conscious expression.

Perhaps that's why we are here in this moment in time. Maybe we're here to change things. Maybe we've already lived this scenario. Maybe this isn't real at all. Questions like this keep you motivated to continue your search for answers and the truth. Never lose hope though...

There may just be a small percentage of us but you are not alone.

[edit on 3/5/2009 by AceOfAces]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfAces

The percentage is growing, and i recon its actualy snowballing. I remember years ago when i started to look into this when me and a friend decided to try and solve the JFK murder, this was 8/9 years ago when i was 12/13. Since then me and my mate have been asking more and more questions and feeling like we arent getting anywere because of how every answer links and creates another question to anything and everything.
Thanks to the internet, and streaming youtube type sites, more and more people use the internet instead of the TV (i know, im realy hitting the TV in this thread:lol
but alot of this stuff is on youtube, all over the internet, etc etc. One search, something pops up, looks interesting, then alot of the time it opens them up to try and find more while they wait for their video to stream.

Just an example of a scenario of how its getting bigger. Thank smeg for the internet!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

Good point. I stopped watching tv about 4 years ago. Don't even have one anymore, but everyone I know who gives me "eyes" about this stuff, are the grainfeed straight from the tube.

Peace

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks

Originally posted by AceOfAces

The percentage is growing, and i recon its actualy snowballing. I remember years ago when i started to look into this when me and a friend decided to try and solve the JFK murder, this was 8/9 years ago when i was 12/13. Since then me and my mate have been asking more and more questions and feeling like we arent getting anywere because of how every answer links and creates another question to anything and everything.
Thanks to the internet, and streaming youtube type sites, more and more people use the internet instead of the TV (i know, im realy hitting the TV in this thread:lol
but alot of this stuff is on youtube, all over the internet, etc etc. One search, something pops up, looks interesting, then alot of the time it opens them up to try and find more while they wait for their video to stream.

Just an example of a scenario of how its getting bigger. Thank smeg for the internet!

Jackie-O my god I just shot you in the head with this derringer 38 up my sleeve Jack...Next time, don't go against Lyndon and the good ol boys by threatening his bell helicopter contract....it's vietnam and we got huey's to sell...I really didn't want to do it, but they said they'd kill John Jr. and Caroline if I didn't go along. You never suspect the old lady......EVE....You got some explainin to do.......

Sorry couldn't help it.

Peace

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

My research into the JFK, UFO, Mafia, and Bonnie Hill incident really opened my eyes to the coverups... Once i researched all of this my eyes opened further to Freemasons, Nasa, Shadow government, and now Illuminati. They all have connections to each other. Now with this economic chaos at our door step it only strengthens my voice and finger.. "I told you so!!!!" ... But i mostly keep quiet and prepare, i have tried to communicate my feelings and thoughts to others but get stares and jokes. Luckily I have a really good network of friends that allow me to vent and show what I have read and needs to investigated. Especially here on ATS. Even though we have a sense of humor, we all are awaiting the inevitable. (of course i am locked and loaded, but have a smile at the same time). I wish you all good luck, peace and harmony... thanks for your comments and GREAT info on all topics i can peacefully go to the other world. BUT not without a fight!!!!! LOL! NO chip for me!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave
I watch a few things... CSI (vegas), Family Guy, and some scifi channel stuff. But one thing I do notice is the amount of people I know who are reality tv junkies.

Personally I cannot stand reality tv. I prefer to spend my time playing guitar, writing and reading all I can on history, preferably ancient history and religion.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by PowerSlave]

Sounds exactly like me to be honest, excluding the guitar playing. I only watch the shows you listed, and everything else is spot on.

However, on topic; I recently noticed quite a lot of the people around me actually started taking aliens and the like rather serious. After discussing the topic with a women at work, she even read a book about crop circles.
It probably is the fact that the topic is easier to discuss, without being labeled as a crazy person, and considering the media attention it got here, with certain countries revealing their files on the matter.
Also the rise of reports off of people whom witnessed the 'UFOs'. People really seem to take elderly people as credible witnesses, as they are most likely not to fake an explanation for fame and such.

So I do believe we're growing! Even though the media still seem to control what most people are to be concerned about.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
i understand what you mean. I've started university this year and i have met absolutly no one who wants to look into it or understand, and 2 of me housmates are doing jurnolism and i do philosophy. I would of realy thought philosophy students in my class at least would be interested in these subject.

I know it sounds old fasioned, but i do recon its the influence of TV. I dont watch it, infact i only watch one program and thats south park, and i watch that on the internet to save breaks.
However, everyone else here watch's quite a bit of TV, soaps, cop programs, the lot.

How much TV do you watch compared with your friends that are not interested in any of this??

When i say everyone else here watch's quite a bit of TV, then listing awful genres of TV, i mean at university. Just realised i sounded as if i said everyone on ATS has terrible TV taste

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Trolloks]

If your going to watch one show that is the show to watch. They make fun of the main stream thought process quite a bit. Most people think it is a dumb cartoon but most of the smart jokes fly right over people's heads. They also stay on top of pop culture because they do the episodes every week instead of in advance.

Anyways...........Yea i have tried to bring certain subjects up that are on here to my friends or my brothers, and parents, and these are only the ones that for people on here are pretty much 100% believable and they still get this look like they think i'm crazy ............And these are subjects that are on cnn and other news webistes and shows that the MSM does not really broadcast a whole lot so many people don't see it.

I Litteraly have to show them the articles on websites for them to be like " O wow I didn't even know that could happen " or somthing like that..........And My friends and family are pretty up on things and not really blind followers.......So even then it is frustrating because I want to tell them what I think about so manyh things but I have to restrain my self.........

You are not alone......

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I talk to friends/family about certain conspiracies,politics and ufo's sometimes..they turn it into a joke.Gave them cd's packed with documentaries,pdf's from FOIA,newspaper articles,military accounts etc etc about politics and ufo's from WW1 to the present day.They didnt watch or read any of it,if it doesnt interest them thats fine.But the worst thing is they talk to other people they meet and try to paint me as a loon when most of the subjects i talk about have good evidence and are based in reality ie i dont talk about NWO or 56 species of aliens visiting us...ive just gave up talking to people outside of the internet about it now.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonking76
The Celestine Prophecy was a book I read when I was still young enough to not be part of the system yet, and it's why I continue to use my mind today as much as I can.

This is exactly what I did. Even though I grin at the cheesiness of Celestine now, it was what got me thinking and it was all positive. There was nothing paranoid about the way I felt after reading it.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Isn't it great we have a place to come where we don't have to give the backstory to the issues we want to discuss? For example, the NWO - to discuss this intelligently you really have to have your eyes open - to have done the research, connected the dots, and even with the current administration. Each time a cabinent member is nominated I run to my 'Who's Who of the Elite' and see how many of the Big Three shadowy groups they belong to - Trilats, CFRS, and Bilderbergs. And *poof* there they are.

I'm so appreciative I came come here and discuss this issue of NWO without having to give definitions of each of these groups and their implications. ::mental hugs to all::

My husband hears a lot of my ranting and I'm grateful he does so with an open mind. He's an intelligent man and finds a lot of what I discover on ATS interesting - mostly in the science catagory. He'll listen to me about the NWO but, he won't discuss. Just the occasional Hmmm I am starting to freak him out a bit. We here on ATS seem to be a step ahead on a lot of issues. This is due to the quality of posters we have. Take for example Hx3s thread on the up-to-the-minute market data thread. With the info from that thread and my own research I've been able to predict the really bad days with accuracy. Even the NWO info is hard to deny when you start looking around for signs and when I show him evidence of the Elite and their memberships. But to do that with all your friends and family - without them having the backstory of all of this evolved (banking ect) I just come off sounding 'out there.'

Speaking of out there - when I am out there in society, I feel like I'm the alien. I look around think 'these people have no clue.' I went to a skating party for my daughter the other night (I'm still sore lol) and in a moment when I was sitting alone - I looked around at all the families and I wondered how in the hell are these people going to survive what's coming? Instead of happy, giggling children I got a flash in my mind of freaked out dads trying to deal with a hysterical wife and screaming children. I even started seeing flames and destructions all around them - but that was the red disco light. You can't shut your eyes once they're open. And ya know what, I wouldn't want to. I chose to live a conscious life and in addition to examining my motives and how I treat people - these issues we discuss on ATS are real (for the most part) and I can not deny them.

Maybe it was the election and the selection of cabinent members there after. Perhaps it's the discussion of the NWO and FEMA camps in the MSM. When I'm not on ATS or taking care of my family - I'm reading. Currently, it's 'Rise of the Fourth Reich' by Jim Marrs and 'EXTRATERRESTRIALS, UFO, NASA-CIA-ALIENS MIND BOGGLING THEORIES, STORIES AND REPORTS: Anunnaki, Zeta Reticuli, Area 51, Abductees, Whistleblowers, Conspiracies' By: Maximillien De Lafayette.

All of these combined have indeed made me a little paranoid and a lot concerned. Again, I'm so grateful to have all of you.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave

So my question is, why do some of us have this burning desire to know the answers (or do we need to believe in something else to survive) Or are we just bored or paranoid thinking we cannot trust anyone.

Does anyone know more than a few people in their lives who share their views or are we truly that small a group?

It is a natural desire to seek out truth and information. Everyone experiences the urge to ask questions from an early age but somewhere along the line many begin to ignore that urge and settle for what they are told is important. Things such as jobs, acquiring money and materialistic objects etc. I think this happens because of two things, people do not like the truth for various reasons and sometimes they do not get the answers as they look in the wrong direction then give up.

I made a point around 10 years ago near the millenium, I wrote down what was going to happen, stocks crashing, NWO being mentioned on television, war with the middle east, new technology that was going to pop up, how the banking system would fail and how gradually rights will disappear etc. I handed this to my father, some friends and my partner as they thought I was nuts at the time. I told them I would shut up and they can ask me later when they open it near the end of 2008. Obviously some opened it early, some opened it not that long ago and a few binned it right away.

It was about 90% accurate and they are shocked to say the least and most have now lost there jobs like I said would happen. I now have all my family and some other people aware of whats going on now and I get calls from friends and family sharing etc.

If there is one thing I have learned though, being right never solves the problem, it only serves to make it harder to bear. However I now enjoy open discussions with friends, family and my partner where almost anything goes.

Maybe try what I have done to get people to open their minds a bit. It is a personal experience for everyone at the end of the day and no one person has the answers for another entirely.

Its a bit like leaving the water there for if someone wants a sip instead of ramming it down throat as that is what people see it as if you start talking about things they do not understand. You are also asking people to abandon there world in terms of belief which is a massive step for anyone to take.

That scene above speaks volumes if you understand the metaphor.

I have been digging into things for 15 years now which might not be a lot to some but I can say one thing, all roads lead right back to Rome no matter what path you take but some are longer than others.

I would also say be careful what you believe and always look at motive (Zeitgiest).

[edit on 7-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
because ignorance is bliss and is the true opiate of the masses, very few people are willing to remove themselves from their comfort zone, i mean how many of us can remember what life was like before becomeing informed? it was easier and alot sunnier if you ask me, i think some people are unable to deal with the knowledge that their carefuly constructed reality is a sham, which is probably the reason for alot of the mental disorders that are popping up so frequently.

as for t.v. veiwing its pretty much just no reservations, bizzare foods, athf, and the venture bros.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Ok I feel sick...........

I think I found my answer.

I was talking about 9/11 with my wife. So I mentioned the the post about the xfiles/lone gunmen video/show regarding the whole plot etc etc.

Her response.

So what? It happened 8 years ago its over its done I just don't care. Even if the US gov is responsible the fact is it happened and its done. It doesnt affect me so i cant be bothered to care. I'm sorry I just don't care.
I think people who find these things have too much time on their hands.

Is this a snap shot of the every day person? Or is my wife particularly self involved?

new topics

top topics

join