It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Your Opinion on VAMPIRES?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
My "idea" on vampires (although this IS all available in the hundreds of preexisting threads) is...

They're mythological.
Mm. Right.

Edit- And go to sanguinarius if you want to do a survey. Lots of people willing to be interviewed there. Lots of people who believe in vampires, if that's what you're looking for.

[edit on 3/5/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
i dont really have much to add

i guess we cant really prove it one way or another, especially if they cast no reflection, i dont know how they would ever show up in video proof

but just wanted to pop in to say, if theres any vampires reading this

id like to just raise my hand to be the next candidate to be bit to live forever, just stop on by ill invite ya in and we can get on with this ruling eternity thing

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I read the following theory somewhere once, perhaps here, to which was proposed.
Something to the effect of, if vampires need human blood in order to survive. Calculating from the time of their agreed to appearance, and the rate of propagation, they would have run out of food after x amount of time, which would have been long ago. Therefor, since we are discussing this, there are humans left and it's not looking good for the vampires.
My personal experience is that belief and practice of "vampyrism" is nothing but an age old fetish. Dungeons and Dragons anyone?
If they do exist it, they do not live in this realm, dimension, planet, et al.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dramey
i dont really have much to add

i guess we cant really prove it one way or another, especially if they cast no reflection, i dont know how they would ever show up in video proof

Cast no reflection? Just yesterday I was on a site by a woman who claimed that vampires existed. She also claimed that she had met vampires before, and that they, just like humans, cast reflections. She said some of the vampires she talked to claimed they had a longer lifespan and aged more slowly than a mortal, but they were not immortal. They simply lived a bit longer. :]

Thanks though. :]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mantic
I read the following theory somewhere once, perhaps here, to which was proposed.
Something to the effect of, if vampires need human blood in order to survive. Calculating from the time of their agreed to appearance, and the rate of propagation, they would have run out of food after x amount of time, which would have been long ago. Therefor, since we are discussing this, there are humans left and it's not looking good for the vampires.
My personal experience is that belief and practice of "vampyrism" is nothing but an age old fetish. Dungeons and Dragons anyone?
If they do exist it, they do not live in this realm, dimension, planet, et al.

That's really interesting, but I'm afraid from your summary that this theory has flaws. The composer of this theory must have known how many vampires there was estimated to be, and how much blood each of them had to consume. Even as an estimate of someone who doesn't believe in vampires...it doesn't make sense.

But that was exactly what I was looking for. Something new that I hadn't heard of yet! Thanks!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
My "idea" on vampires (although this IS all available in the hundreds of preexisting threads) is...

They're mythological.
Mm. Right.

Edit- And go to sanguinarius if you want to do a survey. Lots of people willing to be interviewed there. Lots of people who believe in vampires, if that's what you're looking for.

[edit on 3/5/2009 by ravenshadow13]

Thank you. I'm wondering why everyone keeps on mentioning how this is available on preexisting threads. You don't understand. I doubt someone asked the exact same question as I did, or received an exact same answer as I did. So this is not available on preexisting threads.

As for Sanguinarius, it's not what I'm looking for. I'm not looking for people who believe in vampires. I'm looking for people who don't belong to some vampire-supporting cliche or vampire-hating cliche. What would a survey be if it were bias?

Thank you all the same though!!!! :'D

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
I'm still trying to figure out why people like them.

It must be something other than Anne Rice novels and Brad Pitt

It could be Tom Cruise. :'D

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by iClairebear

I don't know exactly what you're looking for? Something new maybe?

I can only relate the following story to you. It is a personal account. Agree or disagree, I don't care. My only proof is my words.

In 2007, I lived about 20 miles outside of Fort Hood, Texas for a few months while I was still in the 4th Infantry Division. A close friend of mine and I decided one day we were going to go to a local 'psychic' for kicks to see what they could tell us about the future. lol - Typical stuff to do when you're bored one weekend. Well, we ended up visiting this woman named Mother Hanna and she did a reading for me and one for my friend. It is now the year 2009. I have a list of the stuff she told me. To this day, NOTHING on that list has failed to come to pass. I'm not talking about generalities, I mean specific stuff that has come in the order she said it would.

Now.

After the closest event she told us about came true, we went back - to see what else we could find out. She told us that she had met vampires at a local fair/carnival. Now - the only thing I know is she said they were real. Not psychic vamps, but gods-honest vampires.

Do I think vampires exist? I honestly can't say. I would like to think that if they do - they aren't the traditional sleep in a coffin, pale face ones, but more like Blade or something like that. I don't know. Good luck on your search.

Sorry I don't have more detail for you than that. I can provide you contact information if you want to U2U or email me let me know.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by iClairebear
Vampires are overly exposed, but not enough so that enough researchers, scientists, and mythologists have to come to a conclusion on whether they exist don't exist. Till then, I think vampires will continuously puzzle all of the world, and appear everywhere.

That paragraph cracked me up.

Name one reputable cryptozoologist(if that's not an oxymoron) who believes in vampires.

I doubt you have ever met someone as openminded as me but I have to say that the chances, in my opinion, of vampires existing has to be well under 1%. Of course anything is possible. But seriously.

You have mentioned drinking blood. This shows you really don't know anything about the topic as the idea of blood drinkers was introduced in fiction. Bram Stoker wasn't the first author to use this literary tool but it was shortly before his book "Dracula" that vampire stories featuring the characteristics we would associate with vampires did first appear.

Before that most vampires of myth were either what we would now call "psychic vampires" or sometimes even non-corporeal entities.

And I have to disagree with your premise that the info you are looking for isn't in those other threads. I have read most of them and I noticed that some of the info the you thanked people for posting CAN be found in those other threads.

In conclusion, if you are looking for vampire experts there are actually forums for nutjobs who actually believe they are vampires. Try one of those.

Vas

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasilis Azoth

That paragraph cracked me up.

Name one reputable cryptozoologist(if that's not an oxymoron) who believes in vampires.

I doubt you have ever met someone as openminded as me but I have to say that the chances, in my opinion, of vampires existing has to be well under 1%. Of course anything is possible. But seriously.

You have mentioned drinking blood. This shows you really don't know anything about the topic as the idea of blood drinkers was introduced in fiction. Bram Stoker wasn't the first author to use this literary tool but it was shortly before his book "Dracula" that vampire stories featuring the characteristics we would associate with vampires did first appear.

Before that most vampires of myth were either what we would now call "psychic vampires" or sometimes even non-corporeal entities.

And I have to disagree with your premise that the info you are looking for isn't in those other threads. I have read most of them and I noticed that some of the info the you thanked people for posting CAN be found in those other threads.

In conclusion, if you are looking for vampire experts there are actually forums for nutjobs who actually believe they are vampires. Try one of those.

Vas

I think you misinterpreted me. I didn't mean they would appear everywhere, I meant that the subject would still be in debate. Furthermore, I didn't say that ALL of my answers couldn't be found. Blood drinkers was not entirely produced in fiction. You fail to know that there were actually doctors back in the olden days that prescribed blood as a cure to certain diseases. As for naming a cryptozoologist, I'm sorry, but I don't know all the cryptozoologists in the world and whether they believe in vampires or not.

It bothers me how people are so aggressive to a simple thread that is doing no bad to the world at all.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

We obviously disagree on the under/over exposure of vampires.

I say they are overexposed because I'm looking at it from an entertainment standpoint.
I'm a big fan of the old time monster movie classics, (Dracula, Frankenstein, Mummy, Wolf Man, Phantom Of the Opera, Creature from the Black Lagoon) so trust me when I say vamps are overexposed. Even the Mummy character is starting to see some action and I'd really love to see a good modern day high tech remake of Frank but that's not possible because vamps keep resurfacing.
Why?
Maybe it's just Hollywood dropping hints for us as if trying to tell us to look into the hidden meaning of vampires.
Maybe they do exist to a certain degree but don't get sucked (no pun) into letting Hollywood dictate just what a vampire is or how it's suppose to act.

In respect to blood drinking, Icke is very clear: The Anunnaki drink blood, which they need in order to exist in this dimension and hold a human form. Embedded in this need lies another parallel between the Anunnaki and the figure of the vampire — the power to shape-shift (from reptilian to human form for the Anunnaki, and usually from vampire form to that of bat or even mist for the traditional vampire). But the Anunnaki also feed off fear, aggression and other negative emotions. Thus, while blood is needed as a vital life force, the Anunnaki are also addicted to "adrenalchrome," a hormone released in the human body during periods of extreme terror

link

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Professor Costas Efthimiou, attempting to draw attention to a public literacy campaign, formulated a simple math equation. The math works as follows: At the beginning of the year 1600 the human population was approximately 540 million. Had the first vampire bit one person a month beginning that year, there would have been two vampires by February, four by March, and so on. After only two and a half years the entire human population, according to simple math, would have become vampires. There would be no more humans for vampires to feed on by the year 1603."

this is from here

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder

I don't know exactly what you're looking for? Something new maybe?

I can only relate the following story to you. It is a personal account. Agree or disagree, I don't care. My only proof is my words.

In 2007, I lived about 20 miles outside of Fort Hood, Texas for a few months while I was still in the 4th Infantry Division. A close friend of mine and I decided one day we were going to go to a local 'psychic' for kicks to see what they could tell us about the future. lol - Typical stuff to do when you're bored one weekend. Well, we ended up visiting this woman named Mother Hanna and she did a reading for me and one for my friend. It is now the year 2009. I have a list of the stuff she told me. To this day, NOTHING on that list has failed to come to pass. I'm not talking about generalities, I mean specific stuff that has come in the order she said it would.

Now.

After the closest event she told us about came true, we went back - to see what else we could find out. She told us that she had met vampires at a local fair/carnival. Now - the only thing I know is she said they were real. Not psychic vamps, but gods-honest vampires.

Do I think vampires exist? I honestly can't say. I would like to think that if they do - they aren't the traditional sleep in a coffin, pale face ones, but more like Blade or something like that. I don't know. Good luck on your search.

Sorry I don't have more detail for you than that. I can provide you contact information if you want to U2U or email me let me know.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by mf_luder]

This is really annoying because I typed up a response on U2U, but I don't have 20 posts yet so I couldn't send it.

Anyways, I really found your story to be interesting. I never really believed in fortune-telling because it seemed like the fortune-teller was always giving overviews of stuff that was bound to happen anyways. Do you think that Mother Hanna's list could simply be an amazing coincidence? Anyhow, I found your story to be extremely intriguing.

As for vampires, I would love if you could provide me with Mother Hanna's contact information, such as an email or something. If you aren't able to, that's fine as well. I'm sure I'll be able to find someone to interview.

Thank you very much for sharing! :]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
My opinion on Vampire is that it was a much funner game with the previous rules.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
My opinion on Vampire is that it was a much funner game with the previous rules.

Umm. Okay. :]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Sure! As soon as you get 20 posts, shoot me a U2U and I'll give it to you through that method. I don't want to share that info across a public board.

It may take a couple of days, I don't have her info with me here. I'll have to email an old friend in Texas.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Thank you so much. Sorry for the trouble. :]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

No trouble at all.

Glad to help out someone - and I'd love to go into depth through U2U the "list" of stuff that came true. It's really not generalities. I was like you - I was skeptical until I met this lady. But - that's off-topic and I don't want to derail your thread. Talk to you soon.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

well i DO beleive in vampires and myths that i think ARE true is that they have fangs, have SOME sensitivity to light but DONT burn up in the sun, they have pale skin, they drink blood, they DONT sleep in coffins, they DO have a reflection and DO show up in photos, they DONT turn into bats, they DONT have to breathe, and they DO have hearts *doesnt have to beat*.

*and dont say that ive been reading/watching to much twilight because i had these theories before i even new about twilight. though twilight is a good book/movie! oh and everyone please stop trashing threads its very rude and immature! people have no reason to trash them and people should write about what THEY want to write about not what SOMBODY ELSE wrote 4 them let them put it in they're own words, ok!*

dont trash threads

-fallenangel97

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
My opinion? Vampirism in 2009 is mental health issue. I wouldn't even say most vampires are genuinely delusional either, so it's not even a serious mental health issue.

Although I'm sure that some of these vampires would find a way to romanticise and glamourise anything that perhaps suggested they were some way different.

"ZOMG! I'm like rilly, rilly schkitzo! I keep thinking I'm totally vampiristic! I might have to take medication or something. It's gonna be so kewl. I mean it's gonna be so bad. My mom is worried I won't pull through."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join