It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Have To Watch This Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I just saw this video clip from the Jon Stewart show. I guess he was supposed to have Rick Santelli on but he ended up cancelling. I was watching cnbc live when Rick went on that tirad about "loser" homeowners getting bailed out for not paying those mortages on the chicago board of trade and everyone on the floor cheered him on. They played that clip over and over again. It made me sick that "wallstreet was cheering and agreeing with him even though they have taken almost 2 trillion of tax payers money on their own bailout. It really pissed me off. Anyway in these bad times a video like this may put a smile on your faces. Enjoy
Jon Stewart Eviscerates CNBC

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Great post, I think we all could use a good laugh nowadays.. star and flag to you.

Sailor

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Who's Jon Stewart? The mexican JOHN Stewart? So Telemundo, or Univision has El Diaria Exhibición Con Jon Stewart! Lol, sorry, I just had to do that.

Yeah, I saw that silliness on the Daily Show with JOHN (not Jon) Stewart, not sure what to think, on one hand, I like the point that Rick Santelli was making, but on the other hand, we bailed out those goons with a bunch of OUR money, that is our useless paperish product that we call money.

-Lahara

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Actually it is Jon Stewart.

Star and flag for you sir.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I watched it earlier this evening. I got a good laugh out of it, and I think Stewart got a "no one cancels on me and gets away with it" jab in.

As soon as The Daily Show goes off I change the channel so I don't have to watch that Colbert idiot.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
That was a masterful piece of art. That just couldn't have been summed up and handled any better then it was done by the daily show and although it was almost awkward at times to listen to it was because it was the truth.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
DEATH TO THE INFIDELS AT CNBC!!! Burn them all!!!! The Reaper salivates for their families!!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
That was awesome!
Most of us here at ATS saw it coming, Dr. Ron Paul saw it coming, but a financial news network reported the exact opposite. Jon Stewart just exposed CNBC for what they are, propaganda. I have no idea how they can keep that channel on the air after that.

[edit on

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
this is GREAT!

everyone should watch this for a VERY good laugh,

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Let's face it, this wasn't about Rick Santelli, this was about the inconsistency in their reporting in the market.

I saw within a weeks time "The Gold Boom" and "The Gold Crash". They have no idea what the hell is going on in the market and they pick every event as some long term trend. They are also very politically motivated.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The ending is the best. Really puts a smile on your face, which is hard to do during these tough times.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Well as most people know, Im active in stock market threads and other threads on the economy and I do watch CNBC all day, but I never listen to what the anchors have to say. They are all idiots and pawns anyway I watch the numbers and the reports from the government and other firms and make my decisions from there.

btw it is Jon Stewart. J-O-N.
I love that shows wit and humor, added with the Colbert report afterword it is a good laugh after a day of watching the world collapse.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
That made my day. Bravo to Stewart for this, although I do not watch his show. There is no such thing as journalism going on in the major media, and his vid is a great example, a hilarious one, of that. God it made me laugh.

From politicians to celebrities, Amercians are spoon feed propaganda on a daily basis, and eat it up like oatmeal... except on ATS.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonking76
I watched it earlier this evening. I got a good laugh out of it, and I think Stewart got a "no one cancels on me and gets away with it" jab in.

As soon as The Daily Show goes off I change the channel so I don't have to watch that Colbert idiot.

Colbert isnt an idiot, he's a satire of a conservative republican. In real life he's a democrat and a shrewd comic.

You have to understand that to get his show. He's a genius when it comes to political satire.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Well I stand corrected, I will however call Jon, Jon, not John, but Jon, as what it is in Spanish (won, whon, however you would spell the pronunciation).

Seriously, that must be a typo on his name.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRandom1
Well I stand corrected, I will however call Jon, Jon, not John, but Jon, as what it is in Spanish (won, whon, however you would spell the pronunciation).

Seriously, that must be a typo on his name.

It is not a typo Jon Stewart IMDB I also have a friend that spells it the same way. Ever hear of Ron Jon Surf Shop? Lil Jon? Jon Bon Jovi? Even Jon Secada pronouces his name JOHN not won. There are a lot of people who spell their name that way. It has nothing to do with the spanish language. I have never actually heard the name Jon pronounced the way you say it in any language.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
A big fat star and flag. Im going to spread this one. Although I agree with Santelli on the bailouts I think this shows why you cant listen to the media and their parrot hosts.

new topics

top topics

join