It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Comsat Cloud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Russian Comsat Cloud

spaceweather.com

RUSSIAN COMSAT CLOUD: "On Saturday evening, February 28th, I was observing at the Astronomical Society of Victoria dark-sky site near Heathcote, Australia," reports Michael Mattiazzo. "At 21:45 AEDT (10:45 UT) I happened to glance westwards and noticed a mysterious V-shaped glow just below Alpha Ceti. During the 5 minutes I spent aligning the telescope and setting up my camera on piggyback, it expanded considerably

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-3-2009 by broadway_baby1983]

[edit on 5-3-2009 by broadway_baby1983]

Mod Edit: To Apply Ex Tags.

[edit on Thu, 05 Mar 2009 20:00:29 -0600 by MemoryShock]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Very interesting Front page on Spaceweather.com.
Anyone else think this looks strange? I just thought it was a very unique picture.
Very interesting nonetheless.

Kinda looks like something emerging from a portal. You can see it "Opening" as something emerges from it.
I wish that they had put the full video from start to finish on the site.

The Image is about halfway down the front page, and shows what is reported by the authors as a Russian satellite launched on the 28th.

doesn't it?

spaceweather.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Sorry, I could not figure out how to add the Image instead of the link.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by broadway_baby1983

Interesting find. Something does not seem right with the explanation given.

"[The object that emitted the cloud] can be seen in my animation heading in an easterly direction toward the right side of the photo. Satellite expert Tony Beresford has identified it as a new Russian military comsat launched from Baykonur on Feb 28th."

"The name of the comsat is Raduga-1; it is an improved version of the Soviet-era old Gran' (Raduga) satellite first launched in 1975. Two burns were required to place Raduga-1 into geosynchronous orbit and purely by chance Mattiazzo saw one of them. It just goes to show ... you never know what you might see if you keep looking up."

If that object is supposed to be a satellite then why does it seem to be transparent? You can see the stars behind it as it moves.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This is very close to models I've seen of worm holes.
I wonder if this is what we're dumping trillions on?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I have to agree with you.
I have just written an Email to the Photographer to see if i can get the original images in high resolution.
Since he was using a 300D Canon, they should be much better quality that what was posted.

I will post His response ASAP "assuming he reponds, along with any images he sends.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Project,

That was exactly what my first thought was when i saw this.
Inter-dimensional portal, Wormhole, Maybe a freak accident with the lens flare.. But DEFINITELY not a Burn from a rocket.

I was silently hoping that it coincided somehow with the "sonic booms" mentioned in other threads, But alas.. no luck.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Well, No response yet, and the thread go buried..

"Bump"

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Only 7 views, and two replies.. Im going to try to BUMP this post once again.
I really do hope this thread gets some attention. I would love to know what others think about this.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I have never in my life seen anything like this before. I do see the object shooting off to the east. I gaze at the star lit night almost nightly whenever its clear obviously and not crazy cold.

Thank you broadway_baby1983 for posting this great find.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by disfugured]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

You might want to have this posted on the UFO board. Maybe you will get more replies about what it might be.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

That's the propellant cloud that you're seeing. If you look closely you will see the actual satellite moving away from it as a small white streak going towards the East.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
If you watch the animation, get your eyes used to what your looking at, nothing is moving towards the right, try and keep your eyhes on the supposed object, and the tree or whatever it is at the bottom.

You will see the object and the tree? both move the same distance to the right, why would a tree move? the object stays the same distance from the tree, so it's the camera that moved.

As for the cloud, that's interesting to say the least, waiting to see what develops, I don't have a clue myself.

azz

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
i must say, i look at spaceweather.com every day to check sun spots and when i saw this my first reaction was "WEIRD"!! never seen anything like it at all.

their explanation was very brief and i found it to be very sinister.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Actually it does appear to move. The tree moves too, but if you watch the object compared to other stars, the stars stay in place, but the object moves to the right away from the stars.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
is this a tree at the bottom or a cloud?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Kinda looks like a viewing window opening to show our lord and master...

Maybe their practicing and getting the holographic imaging ready for the new messiah's visit?
These holographic sats will display in space or on the ground...

Interesting though..

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
No idea if its a tree or a cloud.
If i had to guess based on the motion, and changes in light.. that it was a car or something with light moving towards the camera while the Photographer was taking images.
Regardless of what it is (the tree?) it does not move the same distance as the object in the sky at the same speed.

Zaphod: Ever seen a SQUARE propellant cloud that maintains its shape perfectly as it enlarges? (shakes head)

I still have no response from the Photographer. If anyone else would like to try writing to him, i would be glad to provide the email.

As an added note, there IS a larger view available on the spaceweather server in the same folder.

Sorry if that posts insanely large.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
On second thought, It does appear to move at the same speed.
Second line.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

It's not square, it's more a parallelogram. But things react differently in space than they do in atmosphere. It takes them longer to expand than it would in the atmosphere, because they don't have things like wind and air movement to affect them.

But you're right, it's a wormhole or something.
It CAN'T be what they said it was.

new topics

top topics

join