It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could someone provide insight as to what these images are?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

I'm not sure of the language but I believe the script is from a manuscript that was believed to be written in the 15th century. It's Author is unknown as is it's translation. I don't believe the pictures to be from the manuscript but I may be wrong.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by s4dreamlnd93
. Considering the content of the main site I would not be surprised if each sentence once translated is a riddle.

That is the crux of the matter.

I believe each sentence needs to be translated from riddle. I'm a psychic
not a riddle solver.

I think its the key to understanding the entire text is to solve each riddle.

Can someone do that?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The first one looks like some drawings I've seen by Nostradamus. He used a lot of religeous symbolism in his work.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Someone earlier on gave us a link to the Lost Books of Nostradamus had some great images, even if not the same as the pics in this in this work, they are worth the time to go through the 21 pics.

As far as the Voynich manuscript goes I find the original parts with the unusual letters to be exactly like those in the manuscript in the transcript I am questioning.

Also in the Wiki link there is a pic of a plant and some writing with this description below

The "herbal" section of the manuscript contains illustrations of plants

That particular pic is in fact shown in one of the links within the work I presented.

Thanks to all of you who were able to do some translation as well as to the link to the anagrams.

I plan to find out a bit more from the Voynich manuscript as the similarities of that one pic and the style of the original writing are too close to be overlooked.

en.wikipedia.org...

I would present the similiarities from each work here, but since I switched to firefox I am having a hard time storing pics in my pc, it doesn't want to give them a jpeg address so I can't see anything but a white square.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by interestedalways]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Look at the first pic in this link, it is in the pics from the link I posted in the op, doesn't this further that is is the mysterious voynich manuscript?

I am talking about the plant that looks like something cut in half with the inside showing to the viewer.

www.mystae.com...

And another link, this one has the pic of the dark angel looking thing by the women, this also is in the work I was looking for info on.

Hmmmm.

www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Hi, I don't know much about the past but was'nt there a angel or devil that was locked up by a monk to write down a manuscript or somthing, only thing that could be wrong about this idea is that i remember the book was bound in skin but that could be an exageration.
Also i remember that when he ran out of ink he used his blood and come to think of it, it maybe the monks who locked up the angel or devil.I don't know but that is something i came across a while back.
sorry this probably my first decent reply sorry if i seem silly.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by memem]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by memem
Hi, I don't know much about the past but was'nt there a angel or devil that was locked up by a monk to write down a manuscript or somthing, only thing that could be wrong about this idea is that i remember the book was bound in skin but that could be an exageration.
Also i remember that when he ran out of ink he used his blood and come to think of it, it maybe the monks who locked up the angel or devil.I don't know but that is something i came across a while back.
sorry this probably my first decent reply sorry if i seem silly.

Actually the idea doesn't seem silly at all, quite interesting instead.

I have also heard of a book being written on skin as the pages, and that it was very large.

I would love to hear more.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

You may have heard of it as a result of the Necronomicon-Ex-Mortis, which is a creation of the movies and not to be confused with Lovecraft's Necronomicon which is his literary invention.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

You may have heard of it as a result of the Necronomicon-Ex-Mortis, which is a creation of the movies and not to be confused with Lovecraft's Necronomicon which is his literary invention.

And that will be my next endeavor, but for now I found some similarities and I will post up the pics.

This picture was not included in the links I placed in the OP, but are to be found in the text somewhere as I said earlier, it is tedious.

But I found another pic in the 12 keys of Basil Valentine that corresponds rather closely, with slight deviation.

This one came from the page called "Rosie" in my original inquiry.

mv.lycaeum.org...

And this next one comes from .............

www.alchemywebsite.com...

So there are similarities between these two manuscripts, but the Basil Valentine ones only seem to include 12 pics and slight deviation.

From the 12 keys Basil Valentine

mv.lycaeum.org...

So we have some of the 12 keys found in the lycaeum site, but there are still some more that aren't in the 12.

Any ideas from here?

[edit on 8-3-2009 by interestedalways]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It almost seems as if the manuscript is a compilation of several different alchemical texts.

Prescott Currier, a US Navy cryptographer who worked with the manuscript in the 1970s, observed that the pages of the "herbal" section could be separated into two sets, A and B, with distinctive statistical properties and apparently different handwritings. He concluded that the Voynich manuscript was the work of two or more authors who used different dialects or spelling conventions, but who shared the same script. However, recent studies have questioned this conclusion. A handwriting expert who examined the book saw only one hand in the whole manuscript

en.wikipedia.org...

Note the mention of the Voynich manuscripts in the Wiki article about the Necromomicon

A hoax version of the Necronomicon, edited by George Hay, appeared in 1978 and included an introduction by the paranormal researcher and writer Colin Wilson. David Langford described how the book was prepared from a computer analysis of a discovered "cipher text" by Dr. John Dee. The resulting "translation" was in fact written by occultist Robert Turner, but it was far truer to the Lovecraftian version than the Simon text and even incorporated quotations from Lovecraft's stories in its passages. Wilson also wrote a story, "The Return of the Lloigor", in which the Voynich manuscript turns out to be a copy of the Necronomicon.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
If anyone is interested in a very good source for seeing numerous alchemical drawings check out this site.

There are a series of authors listed at the top and you can click any of them to see some great images!

I was very impressed.

Amazing how this art of alchemy is either highly overlooked or just not practiced anymore.

In researching for this thread it has brought back an old truth to me.

It seems that all religiousity and such is actually based and conveyed somehow through Alchemy.

Edit to add link:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Seriously though!

Sheez, If I would have written Siriusly though...........I'd of had a following!!!

Love ya! Love your show!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The images appear to come from the following alchemy website:

Haven't investigated further, but it could be a PARALINGA translation of some of the texts on alchemywebsite.com

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Well, Byrd......''

I am surprised at your response.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Well good job on this thread IA!

Now the puzzle becomes more complex, the bottom has dropped out.

This rabbit hole has no bottom. Or top.

If someone could figure out the riddles, that would be good.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

Originally posted by yeahright

And that will be my next endeavor, but for now I found some similarities and I will post up the pics.

This picture was not included in the links I placed in the OP, but are to be found in the text somewhere as I said earlier, it is tedious.

But I found another pic in the 12 keys of Basil Valentine that corresponds rather closely, with slight deviation.

This one came from the page called "Rosie" in my original inquiry.

mv.lycaeum.org...

And this next one comes from .............

So there are similarities between these two manuscripts, but the Basil Valentine ones only seem to include 12 pics and slight deviation.

From the 12 keys Basil Valentine

mv.lycaeum.org...

So we have some of the 12 keys found in the lycaeum site, but there are still some more that aren't in the 12.

Any ideas from here?

Edit to add that although these pics aren't showing up on the thread if you click the little icon it will link you to the jpeg image.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by interestedalways]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
actually that's the one i am referring to so i am way off, I don't know what sight i got the information from but the story was interesting.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by memem
actually that's the one i am referring to so i am way off, I don't know what sight i got the information from but the story was interesting.

Yes, it was interesting to check out.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
All right all you brainiacs....Here goes.......

mv.lycaeum.org is a Concordance to "Finnegans Wake" a work of comic fiction by Irish author James Joyce, which is recognised for its difficulty for the reader and its experimental style.[1][2] Joyce's final work, it was written in Paris over a period of 17 years, and published in 1939, two years before the author's death. The entire book is written in an idiosyncratic language, consisting of multilingual puns and portmanteau words, which attempts to recreate the experience of sleep and dreams Just type in Finnegans Wake in Wikepedia and you can learn all about it..."Go Ulysses......"

And there you have it.............!!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by simplyput

Well thank you for that information, I will have a look.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join