It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could someone provide insight as to what these images are?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I was talking with an ATS member last night and we stumbled onto this site.

I am linking several pages that have pictures on them that I just happened to find by clicking links within the pages of the site.

I tried to use yahoo translation to know what the pages were speaking of, but I am unable to identify the language.

If anyone can tell me the language or even the source of the pictures I would sure appreciate it.

It seems that some kind of belief system is being told of via the images, they are almost like a Tarot card collection.

Each of these links have pics.

mv.lycaeum.org...

mv.lycaeum.org...

mv.lycaeum.org...

mv.lycaeum.org...

mv.lycaeum.org...

mv.lycaeum.org...

mv.lycaeum.org...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
could it be albanian or maybe filipino.
just a guess

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashar
could it be albanian or maybe filipino.
just a guess

Do you have any ideas about the pics?

Thanks for checking it out!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Link to source

Could they be more from the lost Nostradamus book?

They are so familiar I am wracking my brain.

Is it possible that the language is Yiddish?

[edit on 5-3-2009 by s4dreamlnd93]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Wow they look really interesting. Although I have no clue what they are. I noticed my tabs labeled them Thor, Herosa, Eesoronu, Uaetitu, Kellyekueng, Acekoredeno, Rosie, in that order from top to bottom.

Not sure what they are though, I tried looking some up but got nothing.

Some seem to depict Good & Evil, or Light & Darkness.

Interesting.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I don't know what language that is, but looking at the pictures I would guess it's something to do with alchemy.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

no sorry but interesting all the same

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
If you would like, I could translate the best I can and get back to you.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikki_wolf
If you would like, I could translate the best I can and get back to you.

The pictures, that is, not the words. That would take much time I'm afraid.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Looking at the url string the word "anagrams" is prominently featured. I'm wondering if it might not be scrambled text. I don't think it's any language.

There's a "translate short phrase" at the bottom pf the page, but just goofing around and pasting random sections doesn't return anything I'd call meaningful.

It almost looks like a low grade variation of the Voynich Manuscript (Google or ATS search, it's pretty interesting).

This is the list of the other files in the "anagrams" directory-
mv.lycaeum.org...

If you look at the main page-
mv.lycaeum.org...
it seems to be a disjointed collection from someone with more time than lucid moments. But that's pure conjecture.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Ok found out it is a made up language called Paralingua.

Here is a page full of translations for the language.

mv.lycaeum.org...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
My second guess was Hermeticism (which encompasses alchemy).

I've just been off to do a Google image search. If you look for Alchemy symbolism
or Hermeticism symbolism you'll find several similar pictures.

The crowned lion was, I think I remember correctly, in the Hermeticism batch.

The crowned lion is also a symbol of England.

I noticed a rose cross in one of the pictures, so maybe Rosicrucianism?

Also, some astrological symbols. The symbol for Mercury shows up at least twice.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by berenike]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by s4dreamlnd93

There you go. Anagrams. But none of them look like they make any sense.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Muh ha ha

Here is the translator

mv.lycaeum.org...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
One thing the pictures seem to have in common (or at least some of them) is the heart-shaped vase with a beam of light that seems to be pouring in from the heavens. Each vase has one side in the light and one side in the darkness. In religion, these are usually indicators of heaven and hell. But in one of the pictures, there is a woman by a cross with her hand outstretched towards something. Ironically enough, the woman and the cross are on the darker side of the vase art. In another picture, a woman by a baby with a dove overhead is praying to an idol in the clouds, and all of these thinngs are found in the Bible, so again, religion. But that is on the light side of the vase this time, although both scenes i decsribed were on the left of the vase. On the right side of the vase with the cross and woman is what appears to be a boat and an ocean and rain, but I can't be sure. If I'm right, this is another scene from biblical times, Noah's Ark. This is the light side of that particular vase. Now onto the one with the praying wonam and baby. On the right and dark side is a skeleton holding a whip. Not religious, I'm quite sure, unless it's general symolism for Hell.

The last picture with the vase is most interesting. There's a hole on the top of the vase for the light side and another hole for the dark side, which is curious, and both have a stream of light coming into it. The light side is sunlight and the dark side is moonlight. In each side, something is holding a key. In the light side, it's the sun and in the dark side, it's a skull. There are doors underneath each of these icons, again symbolizing religion (he Gates of Heaven and Hell, persay). On the outside of the vase there are twwo outstanding characters; a monk-like man (possiby God or one of his followers) standing on the light side and there is a goat-like creature (possibly Satan) on the dark side. (The goat-like creature was in other pictures as well.) Both characters have a blunt object in their hands, and seem to either be building or beating down the doors on the side by which they stand, and the hands from the sun and the skull seem to be giving them a key, much like a real estate owner gives a key to a house. A rite of passage into the world in which they belong, i suppose.

It seems, threrefore, that these pictures are depisction on some sort of religion, possibly Christianity or one like it. If you need any other help on it, let me know.

Other than these three pictures... I really have no flippin' idea.
Sorry.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by s4dreamlnd93

you do realize that the translator only translates about five words at a time, and it;s usually non-sensible gibberish... you relize that, don't you?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Just came back and saw all the replies!

Great, I have some catching up to do.

You guys are good!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It comes directly from the same site, I am trying to figure out how to use it myself. Considering the content of the main site I would not be surprised if each sentence once translated is a riddle.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
There are alot more pictures embedded in the pages, it is rather tedious randomly linking in to them all, and some have pics of text as well, but they are too small to read.

I will try to compile more of the links that show images.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by s4dreamlnd93
Ok found out it is a made up language called Paralingua.

Here is a page full of translations for the language.

mv.lycaeum.org...

You have to be kidding right?

IA did you read that link?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join