It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh leader? Why not nominee for 2012!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Seeing as the man is considered the leader of the Republican party by conservatives, seeing as so many hear look up to him for "his political wisdom" one would have to ask why there are no conservative wide calls for him to run in 2012? Every time folks here reference him when going on their anti-Obama rant, folks view him as a good leader, why when the idea of him for nominee in 2012 comes up these same people run away or ignore the question?

I mean theres calls for Obama to have debate with him from conservatives here... yet obviously thats an unrealistic thing to happen why not make him nominee for the republican party in 2012, that way Obama will have to debate him, right?

I mean come on if the majority of the republican voters and conservatives put Rush above their own elected political leaders why not make him nominee? If you so confident about him debating or leading why are there no calls to vote him in as presidential nominee?

One would figure if you consider the man above all else, you and Rush himself should then consider running for the nomination to prove he is what the conservative populous wants in office. If Rush and his fringe supporters feel he should be of authority to challange democratically elected political leaders he should run for office to prove so.

Do fellow ATSers of conservative belief agree here? Rush 2012? If people hold him in such high regard then he should run to prove that he is of that regard, and not just some entertainer as many in the GOP and among the conservative community deny him to be.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
He has stated many times that he has no interest in running for any office. His reason is that he can accomplish much more in his present position.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I would actually like to see him there...

For Democrats finding someone who would loose against Rush would be like finding normal person who would loose in Special Olympics

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

No..It's Rush 2112...don't you know anything about Late 70's Anthem rock?
hehe..

I shudder at the idea of Limbaugh at the helm.
Bush, egomaniac. Obama, looking like an egomaniac as well.
Rush makes them both look like a couple of 6th grade shrinking violets.

Although, if he could Be the president AND continue his talk show. hmmm..
nah, i think our opinions as citizens would still fall on deaf ears.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Gee thanks OP now i'm going to have nightmares!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I wish I could help nominate him... I would throw a couple of bills his way no kidding,

Would you OP?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Come on jso if folks hold him in such high regard he should prove it instead of just talking... otherwise he is just an entertainer.... and entertainer that gets paid $400 million a year....

Ever wondered whether his "patriotism" would have made him consider giving half that yearly cash earning to the Iraq war for a day?

[edit on 6-3-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator
I wish I could help nominate him... I would throw a couple of bills his way no kidding,

Would you OP?

hey hey MM ill give you call when iv finished my "RUSH 2012" blog!
From their we'll just start throwing emails to Rush himself
Hey hey dont forget to tell him his the "all powerful great leader"

Damn steele... why didnt you just bow down like the rest of the democratic elected GOP leaders..

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
He has stated many times that he has no interest in running for any office. His reason is that he can accomplish much more in his present position.

Is buying drugs off your maid a position?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I'm a conservative and I wouldn't vote for him..ever.

He's a hypocrite. He's a druggie. He's an embarassment to the country in his present position, a problem that could only be expected to worsen if he were elected to the nation's highest office. He's a weak-willed, two-faced, self-serving, bipedal fungus - lacking even the most rudimentary self-control. He's a reactionary, puerile slime...

God, but I could go on all day.

If the right wing wants this guy, they can have him. I think he actually does more damage to his friends than his enemies - by associating with this beligerent pile of human sludge, you can only lower yourself.

If the Republicans really want a victory, they should encourage him to run as a Democrat.

Really though, I yearn for a real conservative candidate - small government, personal liberty, state's rights, an allegiance to the constitution and the principles of the founding fathers. Minimalist, protectionist, and realistic about the role of government.

There hasn't been a red guy with those ideals in a LONG time. The Republican party has become nothing more than a shill for international business and down-home bigots. To argue otherwise is futile, given their singular dedication to those two interests. The party of Abraham Lincoln has become the party of Jesse Helms wannabes and Reagan psychophants. Pathetic...

The Democrats are no better, just as hypocritical and self-interested. The difference is, they've never been 'my guys' - whereas the ideals the conservatives ostensibly stand for are ideals I can wholeheartedly support. That makes the dissastisfaction and disillusionment all the more poignant when they utterly fail to walk the walk, time and time again.

What self-respecting conservative can vote Republican these days? It should be considered a symptom of mental illness, I think, to believe that a person can both support traditional conservative values and the modern Republican party. They're mutually exclusive political philosophies - oil and water.

Rush is just a little window into that sick, sad little scene...

He's a syndicated reminder of everything wrong with modern conservatives, and everything with which true conservatives are ashamed to associate.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I am going to do this!!!

ALRIGHT!!!

sell the old car-o and nominate me some RUSH

HELL 3/4's of his name is spelled right for a President following a DEM!

RUSH 2012!

Watch your #$@#$@$ back NIGERIA and CHAD! We''re comin to get ya!

Thats what you get when you store WMD's!

$@#$!@

WHERE MY $#@$@#$ chicken???

[edit on 6-3-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Thankyou for your honesty WyrdeOne... I dont see why more conservatives cant fess up that the mans a liar and a money grabber... right or left leaning... for pete sakes he gets paid $ 400 million a year... folks cant figure he thrive on this stuff... and if people are going to hold higher than their own elected leaders then either elect him as a leader or stop talking...

Your not any less conservative if you actually see the man for what he really is.... infact if anything your a true conservative. This man is a hypocrite and outright supported and pushed for a government for the last 8years that went against nearly every core conservative principal. And steele should be kicked out of that position... atleast have the balls to stand up to limbaugh if your going to parade the GOP banner.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Thankyou for your honesty WyrdeOne... I dont see why more conservatives cant fess up that the mans a liar and a money grabber... right or left leaning... for pete sakes he gets paid $ 400 million a year... folks cant figure he thrive on this stuff... and if people are going to hold higher than their own elected leaders then either elect him as a leader or stop talking...

Your not any less conservative if you actually see the man for what he really is.... infact if anything your a true conservative. This man is a hypocrite and outright supported and pushed for a government for the last 8years that went against nearly every core conservative principal. And steele should be kicked out of that position... atleast have the balls to stand up to limbaugh if your going to parade the GOP banner.

I agree WO - cheers to you!

HELL I think this is the first time we have a disagreement SG - cause I really like STEEL.

IMO opinion the name says it all and it is very GOP .....

HE IS VERY TOUGH!

If I ever catch the GOP I am going to change my name to CHIP!

Back to nominating the big guy...

BTW howbout

RUSH/STEEL 2012 -

Although it kind of sounds like W's foreign policy and monetary policy condensed down to two words.

I'm on the case... busy...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I am a Rush supporter that would not support a run for office in 2012. He is too influential in the position he is in now for that to happen.

Let's see if I can play this game too.

Democrats...Mr. Obama has no chance in 2012...

Why not nominate Nancy Pelosi in 2012?
Why not nominate Dingy Harry Reid?
Why not nominate ALGORE? Wait...he lost already to GWB. Same with John Kerry.
What about Caroline Kennedy?

I know Democrats love to help nominate our Presidential candidates. But after the debacle of John McCain, hopefully Michael Steele will follow Rush's advice and fix the primary process to keep this from happening again.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Why would Rush even consider leaving a job that pays millions for a government job that pays far less and involves actual work?

Rush is an entertainer, not a politician.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
To me Rush symbolizes what is wrong with the conservative movement in the USA today. Talking out of both sides of your mouth on issues like drug use and possession of drugs, I mean really do you think that even John MCcains vetting team would approve of this idea? Do you really think that he could motivate the GOP, or the Democrats, we have seen what happens when the Dems as a whole are motivated.

Lets look at the facts, Obama got 69 million plus votes to win the White House, beating John by just over 10 million votes. Bush in 2004 gained 62 million votes and in 2000 he got just over 50 million votes.

As much as Conservatives wish to think they are the majority, they clearly are not. And the talk from this camp about our Constitution being in trouble from the new president is laughable, considering what has occurred in the last 8 years.

It is comforting for me to know that the majority of our citizens are not homophobic, rightwing bigots, and makes me proud to be a American.

new topics

top topics

join