It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I believe the study of UFO and Alien life is the most important thing we all can do

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Awesome post OP star and flag. I have always thought about this study and i have classed it as humanitys prime long term goal. I have stood in the middle of the main street of my country's main city watching all the human robots by the thousand going to work to serve their superiors and agendas and i think to myself what contribution are all these people making towards helping society/civilzation evolve and develop to become a better loving people of this planet our galaxy and beyond. Yes we need to stop with the wars, violence and the like but it starts with everyone of us.

I feel our society is at a paralised state of evolution and has been for a while, yes the global elite are to partially blame, but i also feel everyone of us are to blame as well we are all on this planet together weather we have differences or not, we are still all in the same boat therefore we all have the power to make great change and it only takes a decision yet we are to bound to our intellectual materialism and the likes of. We all need to make changes in ourselves first, it's really hard though for some that are hardwired through conditioning like religion, values and lack of knowledge and understanding. We each must first make meaningful changes within ourselves, this will create and manifest changes around us and our environments to which we can see the path to our full potential and also creates postive contributions to society. When we realise our full potential as a species then and only then can i see us being interactive with other beings and entitys for our understandings have and will shape us into the future.

I have a feeling of connectiveness to all life and over the past couple of years it grows more intense, no doubt with all the billions and billions of stars and galaxies out there that there is other life out there also. Maybe the off world beings want to intervene maybe they are hostile maybe not, the logical thing i see is that weather or not they are out their we as a species need to focus on sorting out our own problems or even given it a try we need to show all the other species that we have what it takes to be a loving caring species and that only comes about when each and every person makes a decision to do so. Who knows they may intervene if we show some contribution in helping ourselves as a collective to become better loving beings.

People are saying 'With all the problems solved, all the diseases cured and all the energy free - what will the 6 billion inhabitants of Earth be doing with all that new found leisure time?', this is insulting and unproductive in thought to even think of. Unfortunately we are in a system that we are slaves to, so we are condtioned to referencing our lives against new concepts and ideas with the facist system we are in. We have the potential to engage in all manner of research and development, the creative arts and crafts, travel and exploration, and participation in all of the other limitless horizons the future has to offer. The ultimate realization of the potential of cybernated and computerized technology solely to improve people's lives could produce the most revolutionary system ever to evolve. It will eventually eliminate all superficial boundaries set up by nations; as we are beginning to witness with the introduction of satellite communication and personal computers, it is almost impossible for nations today to censor ideas and information.

Sorry to be a little off topic but some people are saying don't worry about this topic there is more important things like the economy which is failing. All i have to say on that is that the balloon is expanding and will be guaranteed to pop soon it's going to wake up more and more people, if you think injecting more money into the economy will save it then good luck, using money is the fail of this captilist system and it's only a matter of time before you all realise this. We need to look past this failed system and use a system that will enable each and everyone of us to fully unleash our full potential without any hindrence or blockages i see this change happening very soon. It only takes a decision within yourselves to make. I have read alot of information about people who have made contact with other beings and they have said these beings do not use money in their civilsations they all use a resource type based economy where all resources are shared equally, all technologys, education, sciences are available for all to use and learn for free without any blockages everything is open and free. This creates a wonderful environment which frees their people from bondage which in turn enables each individual to fully realise their potentials of creativity and the like and in turn enables them to each contribute to their society which then helps evolve them all to a higher degree of understanding and knowledge. We cannot reach that stage in our evolvement as our civilization is being sabotaged into paralyisis by the greedy global elite and if you think helping to get the system back on track is the way to help our civilisation in the long run, i must say you are backing a dying horse and are contributing more to our civilizations death.

Thanks OP i have been meaning to make a post about this, love to all and may we all join together and strive to our higher potentials and beyond. To the stars and beyond we go friends.........oneness..

[edit on 6/3/09 by free_spirit_earth]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

reply to post by nerbot

Reading from the beginning of the thread would solve some of your off center assumptions.

Not sure about the meaning of a metaphorical kick. I sense a youthful attitudinal challenge sans constructive and understandable discussion.

(Kicking it back to you.)

BTW, Who is doing the kicking? God, Brain police, a metaphorical alien intelligence?

Did you get off at the right stop?

Thanks for attempting to comment.

ZG

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by EYEOFEAGLE
Everytime there is a problem in the world some one sees a UFO. If is not here in the US it is some where else. No one in the world has a detailed photo of a UFO, but I can show you a 1000 photos of top secret military aircraft that has been seen in the same areas as the so called UFO's.

WAKE UP IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!

We have a freaking international crisis on our hands and we are worried about UFO's and spending every spare second of our time to research.

Are you one of the fortunate ones whose job is still there? What will you be doing when your job is gone and your nest egg disapears?

Please, I ask you now to use your talent and resources to expose these people who are doing this.

Can any of you imagine how much money 2 Trillion dollars is?

Please, I ask you in the most generous way I know.

Eye of Eagle

Actually we do have detailed photos of craft clearly not of our orgin. but they put them in front of us and say they are faked. You believe them.

I agree we are, collectively, sleeping idiots.

FYI, I've not had steady work for over two years. Many of my friends and associate too.

This is what I am doing. Searching for a better understanding so we can eject ourselves out of the path of ignorance and destruction and get back to the business of evolving our sciences, arts, industry, spiritual and ideological understanding, and our most driving natural trait. Exploration.

Right now we need to explore our alternative potentials. The old ones don't work and are broken. We won't survive such a mistake we make twice. Its time to try something new.

For years the falling man says "Hey This is working so shut up! I haven't hit the ground yet." But now we see the ground coming up on us very fast. We see the folly of our ways. Now what?

Trying to turn our pants into a parachute in the last few seconds will only make us look more foolish, and dead. Time to try it another way.

We likely had the answers and means for 50 years to advance beyond many of these crisis. Can we try it out now?

ZG

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

Great thread op

FYI

I posted a thread called "Real X-files hidden as trade secrets"

There is no point you looking for the link it was quickly removed not my thread but the source article. Anyhow the upshot is all extraterrestrial technology has been given to business to be hidden as a trade secret. Trade secrets protect information and cannot be got by FOI.

MJ2

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroGhost
Hundreds of thousands of sworn witnesses, photos, video, film, radar track, physical evidence, There are thousands of military, government, doctors, nurses, police,public servants, that every day we place our life in their hands, but yet we do not trust in their word when they say they will stake their lives on the fact these things are real.

Yes,good point

Theres quite a considerable amount of credible evidence in the form of government documentary,radar/sonar confirmation,circumstantial evidence,ground trace evidence and video/photographic evidence - just no unequivocable proof.

Captain Graham Sheppherd makes some good points in this interview:
Found at 0:49

Also, if you've not seen it before,there are some truly interesting reports/testimonies/accounts to be found on this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...'
Cheers.

----

Great Thread BTW

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Your point seems to be that aliens from other planets, far more advanced than us, would be willing to share their advanced knowledge with us to advance our society. I find incredulous, the thought that any advanced civilization would want to share advanced information they have with us. They view our planet, where we start violent wars at the drop of a hat to destroy large segments of our fellow human beings, and they want to supply us with information that they know we will most likely use for destructive purposes against ourselves or them? Why would they want to do this?

Furthermore, why would they even be interested in us at all, if they are the advanced beings you suggest. When I walk down the street and I see a piss-ant cross my path, do I get down to their level and try to inform them about molecular science or nuclear physics? No, if I did they’d lock me up in the Looney-farm, and rightly so! This is how you need to approach this question, you raise. You are assuming that all aliens are interested in bettering our lives. Not so. When I walk down the street and I see said piss-ant I’m inclined to crush it under my foot, with no remorse what-so-ever, to rid us of a sometimes pesky insect. If aliens are indeed advanced civilizations as you suggest, their interest in us would be marginal, at best.

There are other considerations worth pursuing. Aliens could just as likely be the “fallen angels” spoken of in the scriptures. They could be active here in these “end times” to be presented as our saviors in a grand deception of mankind by the evil one, also spoken of in the scriptures. The book of Revelation speaks of these “signs in the heavens” where fire will be called down from the sky as a deceptive device to fool many into accepting the grand lie and giving our souls to the evil force of darkness.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Humans are already in communication with inter and extra terrestrials. All the things on your list are dealt with in my book, a fictional piece built on this fact, which describes a path from scarcity to abundance, and what abundance looks like.

It's linked in my sig.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

its really mind boggling why with all the the thousands of reported sightings ,contacts with alien entities we still treat the idea of "life from other planet" a sci-fi fit only for entertainement or to say the least a conspiracy of some sort. it always comes back to how credible a contactee or a witness is...this forum itself ats/bts was basically born out of the idea that we odinary folks are not privy to some of the so called secrets so big it goes beyond top secret and that we couldnt handle it...and the main stream media???theyre too busy trying to determine whos the most liberal among the democrats and the most conservative among the reps...and the religions... they're happy with the status quo they are in ... with the red sign atop their pantheons..."dont stir us up"...

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
deleted info

[edit on 6-3-2009 by VacuumFlux]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
When the ETs land, they're going to eat the fat ones first.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
even if we are being visited they certainly dont want to communicate with us. It would be very easy for them to do so.

In 60 years of the modern ufo nobody has got a clear photo. So it seems they dont want to be seen either. What makes you think you will suddenly find them if you try really really hard?

i'd rather put my faith in seti, at least they look for aliens who want to talk to us.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by yeti101]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It's funny how all the religious folks with their 6600 year old creation belief are also believers in extra-terrestrial life elsewhere which begs the question that, do they ever think their # through because it totally contradicts their fairytale.

If life exists elsewhere, there has to be millions if not billions of races so they'll need billions of fairytales for each single race.

Or maybe, Adam and Eve travelled into deep corners of universe, naked and populated the habitable planets with reptile like, insect like, and jelly like offspring.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Greetings Earthling... Your really funny

I did like your opening post speech btw. Keep adding to your shopping list my friend, I'm sure "they" will oblige in anything your heart desires.

I'd like them to make McDonalds produce healthier food, I'd like a world with no murder, I'd like to know where all the odd socks go, I'd like an end to that awful modern jazz etc, etc.....can we put these on the list too?

Or maybe we should just live with it and do the best for ourselves while we can and not let the powers that be spend Billions and Billions of dollars looking for currently unexistant outside sources while the Here and Now gets brushed aside. Sounds like you're wishing for a magic wand and not taking responsibility for the world WE make.

Knowing our luck "they" would come seeking the answers but we wouldn't have them because we were too busy thinking about what WE want!

And why not start seeking the answers a little closer to home.......

Why we are doomed to fail as a species. We can fix it.

YOUR thread I believe. Kinda ironic don't you think? "We Can Fix It", but now let's get someone else to do it instead eh, I changed my mind, and let's chuck more billions at the corporations I despise to search even harder for ET because they can fix everything can't they?

Thakyou for you're reply....good luck dear crusader.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Can you imagine us communicating with apes in the jungle to teach them our "advanced technology"? I'm afraid that poor pitiful humankind is just too barbaric and dumb to understand advanced anything that ET would have to offer.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

I actually am not convinced many of the species we have had contact with have our best interests. Agendas are sometimes well outside of our own agenda to survive and advance. We are not the whole focus of these species by any stretch.

I am saying, that the study of the technologies, the accounts by thousands of people, scientists and officials, crashed hardware and encounter gifts and left behind technology and evidence can result in information we can assimilate into our own technology for advancement and good.

So far it has been horded for military, multinational corporate and political stratigic personal gain and superiority. That is the cork in the bottle!

I do not think that alien cultures will give us much. They might lower the tree so we can pluck a few apples, but we have to reach, and with great effort show we deserve to find these new technologies and sciences and use them for evolutionary advancement and not just power over others in our own species.

Much information is in the conversations with experiencers who have had direct contact, been shown and had demonstrated these new technologies. But we have marginalized or institutionalized these individuals rather than study their sometimes detailed and very believable accounts.

Hence, my argument for formal funding and an international effort for research into UFO and Alien scientific study.

We, by all accounts already have enough information, artifacts, science and information to get much that I listed. But it is hidden from us. Horded.

We have to do this ourselves until we all catch on. When we show we can actually improve our situation by efforts that do not need military power or a labyrinth of political and governmental trudging that never gets to action, we might deserve some direct with some of the planetary observing and extraterrestrial occupying species.

Nothing is free. We need to try much harder as a species to grow out of ignorance first.

ZG

[edit on 3/6/2009 by ZeroGhost]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
even if we are being visited they certainly dont want to communicate with us. It would be very easy for them to do so.

In 60 years of the modern ufo nobody has got a clear photo. So it seems they dont want to be seen either. What makes you think you will suddenly find them if you try really really hard?

i'd rather put my faith in seti, at least they look for aliens who want to talk to us.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by yeti101]

On the contrary. There are plenty of clear photos, film and video. We have not decided to believe it yet.

In fact, the clearer the photo, the more unbelievable it is in the current sitcom-psudo-reality show we call the media. Even though the evidence is that they are real. You need to pull your head out of the sand and look around at reality.

Gordon Cooper said he filmed a landing at Edwards with several movie quality film cameras. Do you know what happened to the film? And all the gun camera film from military aircraft? We have plenty of evidence.

Just because it is not on the corporate news and cartoon network we might only watch does not mean it does not exist.

Is that sand in our ears??

ZG

[edit on 3/6/2009 by ZeroGhost]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
Humans are already in communication with inter and extra terrestrials. All the things on your list are dealt with in my book, a fictional piece built on this fact, which describes a path from scarcity to abundance, and what abundance looks like.

It's linked in my sig.

Thank you for your efforts. I will read your work. All such work counts for our growth and eventual understanding.

ZG

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I can't agree more with your post. This kind of discussion is the reason why I've been quietly enjoying ATS for years. I keep meaning to join and now your post has prompted me to do so!

There is no reason to think that through trade and cooperation we can't learn a thing or two from our galactic neighbors. The knowledge that we would attain could be boundless- growth in all fields of study, the evolution of our species into a star-faring one, endless possibilities! Sure, there might be some bumps along the way but wouldn't it be worth it?

I'm proud to give my first star and flag to such a positive and hopeful post!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
A great thread.
And your(ZeroGhost) replies are full of insight.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroGhost
Actually we do have detailed photos of craft clearly not of our orgin.

I'd love to see them.

I actually am not convinced many of the species we have had contact with have our best interests. Agendas are sometimes well outside of our own agenda to survive and advance. We are not the whole focus of these species by any stretch.

Exactly how do you know this ?

OBE, EVP do not count.

I'd LOVE to see your physical proof of
this statement.

crashed hardware and encounter gifts and left behind technology

Please provide irrefutable proof of this statement ?

That was a statement, NOT speculation.

So far it has been horded for military, multinational corporate and political stratigic personal gain and superiority.

Again, a statement. not speculation. Any proof ? (it's spelled hoarded)

Much information is in the conversations with experiencers who have had direct contact, been shown and had demonstrated these new technologies.

I'd love to see, as would our dear audience, these
demonstrations.

On the contrary. There are plenty of clear photos, film and video.

Please show us.

You need to pull your head out of the sand and look around at reality.

I agree.

We have plenty of evidence.

Where is it ? We would LOVE to see it.

We wont get to talk to another species unless we get in a better frame of mind.

Really ? How do you know this ? OBE and EVP
don't count.

In fact, there is overwhelming, corroborated, scientific and even legal proof.

Provide the data, please.

Keep on ATS and radio shows like Coast 2 Coast, Jeff Rense

Is that a plug ?

Originally posted by nerbot

"Bhaaaaaa, bhaaaaaa, bhaaaaaa"

Agreed.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by Two Worlds]

new topics

top topics