It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I was driving to work today in Tampa, FL. and a advertisement came on regarding that if your 18, you need to join the draft. It then spoke about the possibility of wars and that as an american this is your duty to serve your country.

The advertisement completed with a "kid" stating he would do what is right, as the right thing to do and sign up for the draft.

now my question is, has anyone heard of this advertisement before? I never have and it got my radar up so much that I created my account today to post to you. I put this into NWO as I think the topic lends itself to the enevitable future to come. . . . .your thoughts?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Kind of like how when I was in High School the military would come and give away T-shirts and hold pull-up contests and of course scout the big, fit kids prime for joining the military. I made the mistake of agreeing to give my number and was contacted multiple times. Advertising over the air to join the military is just as bad as that but its appalling that now they're telling kids its the right thing to do. Especially over radio, where younger people listen all day long. I'm sure at least 1-2 times a day you see the army commercials as well?

Also seems that they want/need more troops (obviously) which is also disturbing...but thats always the case.

[edit on 3/5/2009 by AceOfAces]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I think the advertisement you heard was about Selective Service registration, not direct military recruitment:

The Selective Service System serves at least two purposes. It is the means by which the United States administers military conscription. It entails registering all males between the ages of 18 to 25 with the system for the purpose of having information available about potential soldiers in the event of war.

It's the "right thing to do", certainly, because it's illegal not to do:

Under current law, all male U.S. citizens are required to register with Selective Service within 30 days of their 18th birthday. In addition, foreign males between the ages of 18 and 26 living in the United States must register.

So it was likely more in the nature of a 'public service announcement', notifying teenagers of a legal requirement, than a recruitment. Although they made it sound like a happy patriotic thing, I'm sure.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

join