It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America, Just How Much Time is Left

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Fighting wars one after the other since 45, 250 plus bases overseas, bogged down in Iraq and Afganistan, trillions spent on war just how long can America keep this up. More to the point the bleaker the situation becomes does it makes the situation even worse.

Will it drive the perps for even more war and conflict, is that even possible given the above. Do they really believe America can fight its way out of its current financial armaggedon.

Is there a way out, is a loss of face far better than complete collapse?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Personally I think we should fail so that others could see, we are not the best we are just like the others everybody has there time in the limelight and ours is beginning to fade. We have messed up over the past 200+ years and we can still mess up now but there are lots of people think we are the best and can do no wrong.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
If we look at history... we are bound for a dictatorship and a massive restructuring. But, the Roman Empire lasted another 400 years in the West and 1400 years in the East... so, honestly, restructuring may lead to stability.

However, as I've posted around, we are not at the point of inevitability. We are ratcheting up, but the ratcheting alone does not make the calamity. Rather, there will need to be a paradigm shift event that will cause a descent to begin to spiral out of control.

If you want a prophecy, I can't give one. But, the way we are going, it's looking like that Paradigm Shift event is rapidly approaching in the next few months... let's say June or July? Honestly, it's definitely not an exact science. I think, however, that there are things that can be done to prevent this collapse and start to scale back that ratcheting.

Just my sense.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
An Empire can only be successful if it can bring in wealth from its far flung states to fund itsself.
It has to keep its citizens happy so they don't want to revolt or rule them with an iron fist so that they can't revolt, Both options require huge amounts of funding. The Romans and British were quite good at this, as were many others throughout history. This is evident from the technological, agricultural, cultural & socialogical advances that were spread around the globe by all of the GREAT Empires.
In light of this, ask yourself this question...
How has the USA Empire contributed anything of real value to the other countries of the world? and more importantly, what have they done to sustain or even increase their income? For me, one word will suffice..... Nothing.
Global Military bases do not swell the USA's National coffers with gold, they drain them. The NASA program.... drains them, their ideology of spreading global democracy through war.... drains them.
We now look at a US company called AIG which the government MUST prop up. They have already given 15% of the "stimulus package value" to this company and they are still in # street and will need a lot more. They will continue to prop up this company with USA Tax payers money, cos if they don't ... global recession will soon become global depression = Bankruptcy and world banks will collapse.
All of the global developed countries are now pumping hundreds of billions of dollars into their economies.... but where does this money come from ? can somebody tell me...printing more bills will not answer their prayers. On such a scale, it will only make their nightmares come true. but hey, as long as they seem to be doing the right thing in the short term, these dispicable governments will secure their re-election so that they can continue to enjoy all the frills and bask in the political limelight.
I am English but my heart is in pain for the Founding Fathers and their dreams, they had such dreams, but unfortunately were unable to chose their successors.
GOD BLESS AMERICA.
PEACE
RK

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
What American Empire? Coutries and their people get themselves into this state because basically the people are weak and won't fight back. Its only when they are pushed to the limit that they react. if Governments new thats the people would round up all those who abuse their position we would not have half the problems we do.

The people should fear their Goverments, not terrorists pr anyone else, most problems cone from within not from without. Eventuall you wiol see civil war in the US as the rich people will move to the wealthier states and the greater mass of the poor will be left behind with nothing. But when you have nothing you have nothing to lose it is then when people will resort to violence to resolve the problems that are not of their making.

new topics

top topics

join